wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
VKB Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale goes live on Nov 25, through Nov 28, 2022, with 10% off of all products, storewide --

VIRPIL Controls Black Friday Sale Week will be active from 21st November 2022 until 27th November 2022

For every VIRPIL Controls device added to the cart, the Black Friday Sale discount will increase by 5% to a maximum of 15% Off on VPC devices --

BlackFriday2022_01-2.png

avasture

Commander
Nov 21, 2022
RSI Handle
avasture
Word on the street is they're nice for a year give or take then start breaking. LOTS of plastic parts.

Also, the discount amounts to $17.50.... I suppose every little bit helps but that's not much of a discount for black friday/cyber monday.

I wish I could make my second Extreme 3D Pro like the omni throttle. That would be awesome and I wouldn't really care that it's a right handed stick!

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Word on the street is they're nice for a year give or take then start breaking. LOTS of plastic parts.

Also, the discount amounts to $17.50.... I suppose every little bit helps but that's not much of a discount for black friday/cyber monday.
I got the cheapest of the lot, a VKB Gladiator NXT when it first came out, probably one of the first pieces. Zero issues yet. I hope it stays that way cos it wasn't that cheap.
Yeah that discount doesn't sound so great considering the costs involved. I want to buy a throttle for flight sims but they are soooo expensive...

Plastic is not a problem if it's the right plastic and designed properly. No idea if VKB used the right ones but it feels like it's not the cheapest kind.
I have an original first gen MS Sidewinder 3D Pro that I used up until I got the VKB (with a DIY USB adapter even for Star Citizen), no cracks, all buttons work, centers perfectly still, the only small issue is the throttle slider's contact strip is worn out a bit and it's a bit noisy. Apart from the spring and a weight at the bottom it's All plastic. I know cos I took it apart once to clean it out and re-grease some parts. That joystick has been in hard use since 1996.
I also have the FFB Pro that I want to get up and running some day (needs different adapter), cos no one seems to make affordable FFB joysticks anymore. The FFB2 (USB I believe) version still goes for crazy money on ebay.

@wmk Thanks for the heads up mate!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I got the cheapest of the lot, a VKB Gladiator NXT when it first came out, probably one of the first pieces. Zero issues yet. I hope it stays that way cos it wasn't that cheap.
Yeah that discount doesn't sound so great considering the costs involved. I want to buy a throttle for flight sims but they are soooo expensive...

Plastic is not a problem if it's the right plastic and designed properly. No idea if VKB used the right ones but it feels like it's not the cheapest kind.
I have an original first gen MS Sidewinder 3D Pro that I used up until I got the VKB (with a DIY USB adapter even for Star Citizen), no cracks, all buttons work, centers perfectly still, the only small issue is the throttle slider's contact strip is worn out a bit and it's a bit noisy. Apart from the spring and a weight at the bottom it's All plastic. I know cos I took it apart once to clean it out and re-grease some parts. That joystick has been in hard use since 1996.
I also have the FFB Pro that I want to get up and running some day (needs different adapter), cos no one seems to make affordable FFB joysticks anymore. The FFB2 (USB I believe) version still goes for crazy money on ebay.

@wmk Thanks for the heads up mate!
Yeah dude, same boat; zero issues. I've never had any joystick break. Not the T16000m's, not the X55, and not the Gladiator NXTs.

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
I bought 2 Virpil mongoose bases with 2 constellation grips a while back. These things will last me for the next 30 years guaranteed. I HIGHLY recommend them, and if you haven't tried a dual stick setup I highly implore you to do so. It makes a world of difference in how you handle your craft.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Switched to VKB EVO NXT recently, with Omnithrottle on the left stick, and no Omni on the right stick. That is a blast, for the price you get great sticks.

Would have I waited a bit longer, such promotion on the Virpil Conste might have made a difference in my choice though :)

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
VKB Gladiator NXT controllers sold out in Europe ; )
GLADIATOR NXT EVO still available.

-------
By the way, people are complaining on reddit and youtube that Virpil and VKB devices are so expensive this year. Let's compare Gladiator NXT Standard prices:

Black Friday 2020:

127,80 EUR (10% discount applied)
+ 13,31 EUR shipping (DHL or UPS)
total: 141,11 EUR

Black Friday 2022:

129.6 EUR (10% discount applied)
+ 5.45 EUR shipping (DHL or Dutch Postal Service)
total: 135,05 EUR

😏

Last edited:

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Dunno what streets you're listening to but I can vouch for the build quality of my VKB Gladiator NXT Stick.
The inside mechanics are solid. The Grip may be plastic but it's the hardcore, industry, glasfiber-enforced kinf of plastic. So grip it as hard as you like, no squeaking. And after mistreating that fellow for a year or so he still doesn't need no deadzone.
Considering what I cashed out for nonexisting ships THOSE Euros for a good Joystick were well spent.
I can't say anything about the Virpil sticks but that VBK beats any Thrusmaster, Saitek or Logitech stick I ever owned. And yeah, there were a few..

Forgot your password?