Voice Attack

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Cross posting from Facebook. I can’t actually read this since I’m on my ohone, but may deserve a sticky:

Hey folks, a few people up to now asked for some help with Voice Attack, in terms of having a nice profile already set up. Of course, I always stress on the benefits of doing these things from scratch as it helps you to remember your own commands, but in case anyone needs a jump start, other than the profiles Voice Attack already has on their website and forums, here you go. I've attached some examples of the profile as well.

This is my updated version for 3.9.1 PTU.

I've been updating it since 2015 using my own custom keybinds so that, no matter the keybind change, the VA profile remains the same.

As a result however, the keybinds are different in the game itself. So if you want certain keybinds to remain as the game's default, you'll have to readjust the voice attack commands.

The profile is extremely detailed as again lol, I've been updating it since 2015. So it utilizes even some of the most basic commands (if needed) (flight/power) to more intricate combinations (diverting shields and engines power, readjusting power and shield systems for landing using singular commands).

It also facilitates emote commands as well (All of them).

Additionally, since i"m using ASTRA, you may have to change out the voice pack responses for your voice pack(s)'.

Have fun! (y)

VA Profile (3.9.1 PTU)

Keybindings (3.9.1 PTU)

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I've been interested in using the Voice Attack / control features since I initially learned about them. I've just been holding off on purchasing the programs because I keep hearing that some of the patches that CIG releases don't work with them. I really don't want to get so accustomed to using it that I'm not any good without them. So I'll wait until this is no longer as much of a problem as often. I'm sure that by then the programs will be improved on both sides of the operation.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I've been interested in using the Voice Attack / control features since I initially learned about them. I've just been holding off on purchasing the programs because I keep hearing that some of the patches that CIG releases don't work with them. I really don't want to get so accustomed to using it that I'm not any good without them. So I'll wait until this is no longer as much of a problem as often. I'm sure that by then the programs will be improved on both sides of the operation.
You know you can use voice attack to a lot more, like anything installed on/or windows it self that have keyboard shortcuts to commands and functions etc.

Can be very handy in many areas... Just let your imagination flow, and soon you have full blown conversations with the computer in and out of games.

It's fun as hell :D

CHEERS! 🍻

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
You know you can use voice attack to a lot more, like anything installed on/or windows it self that have keyboard shortcuts to commands and functions etc.

Can be very handy in many areas... Just let your imagination flow, and soon you have full blown conversations with the computer in and out of games.

It's fun as hell :D

CHEERS! 🍻
Good to know. Hopefully the AI won't ever become too advanced though as with my Ewok luck, the AI would give me a lot of attitude & fail to function normally for a quarter of each digital cycle if I'm using a female sounding voice unit.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I'm looking forward to commands like "load the hangar" when I get home from work, "Combat mode" to turn everything in a ship on, "stealth mode" to turn off guns, shields, a reactor and a cooler, and "pulse cool" to turn on the secondary cooler for a predetermined period of a few seconds then turn it off again--just enough to dump heat after launching missiles from stealth.

Bovinius_Cudd

Commander
Donor
May 14, 2020
RSI Handle
Bovinius_Cudd
To pile on to this great profile from @Shadow Reaper :

I found a second profile on reddit from someone calling themselves "Ryukaschien" that really has things nailed down, even little stuff.

Some highlights:

I always stress on the benefits of doing these things from scratch as it helps you to remember your own commands, but in case anyone needs a jump start, other than the profiles Voice Attack already has on their website and forums, here you go.
The profile also facilitates emote commands as well (All of them).
The reason why there are very basic commands as well is because some persons who asked included those who are in some way, disabled. So things such as opening/closing the starmap, mobiglas etc. are also included.
the keybinds are different in the game itself. So if you want certain keybinds to remain as the game's default, you'll have to readjust the voice attack commands.
Keybinds Image 1
Keybinds Image 2
Keybinds Image 3
Keybinds Image 4

VA Profile (3.9.1 PTU) Download

Keybindings (3.9.1 PTU) Download

I've tried it out as a test run, and it's really like having a conversation with the game. There's SO many commands to learn that I'm thinking they're right... I would definitely benefit from building my own profile, eventually.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I'm looking forward to commands like "load the hangar" when I get home from work, "Combat mode" to turn everything in a ship on, "stealth mode" to turn off guns, shields, a reactor and a cooler, and "pulse cool" to turn on the secondary cooler for a predetermined period of a few seconds then turn it off again--just enough to dump heat after launching missiles from stealth.
Yeah there is no limit what you can do with it like the stream deck, your imagination and knowledge-base on functions in the software is your limit.
Once you hurtle through the how to's, you can go bananas in setting up functions using one easy command to execute them.
It's just plain awesome.

CHEERS! 🍻

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

DarkSnake

Space Marshal
May 5, 2017
RSI Handle
DarkSnake
I may need to check this tool out. I know I looked at it a long time ago. I'd worry about my wife or kid thinking I'm crazy, but they already know that.

Forgot your password?