Voice Commands

Raggy

Commander
Jun 9, 2014
RSI Handle
TheRaggy
How does it handle regional accents? I'm from a small principality to the west of the UK that has more sheep than people, humans sometimes struggle with my accent (could be my face).

I suppose at worst I can go for a complete set of custom words, I shall giveth a go. Thanks to all above posters for the hints and tips.

Atriden

Captain
Aug 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Atriden
The more you train your voice recognition, the better it understands you and even with my terrible danish accent, it understands me almost perfectly. You can try voice attack demo and see how that works out for you but remember to at least run the voice recognition tutorial before you even go there :-) !

Reactions: Raggy

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
I'm assuming windows has voice recognition for languages other than english, so if you can set your voice library to whatever language you speak in, it should pick you up well enough if you train the program to your voice.

Atriden

Captain
Aug 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Atriden
I have been wondering about shield and power management.
In the patch before 0.9, when you divert power to your front, back shields and etc. That shield would get bigger than the rest in shield and overview hud display. Its like it gets big for a second and returns to normal. This might be a visual bug since the shield configuration in shield overview displays correctly which shield has been boosted.

The power management also feels bugged, it doesnt seem to effect shields recharge rates or engines that much. I still believe it effects weapons somewhat.

Whats your experiences with shield and power management?

ANARCKOS

Vice Admiral
Oct 19, 2014
RSI Handle
ANARCKOS
copy paste from another post, thank you UltraGuido for the heads up. you can see my profile in action almost everyday on the stream...
323 commands, about 40 for star citizen, 20 for stream control and music, 220 sound clip voice commands rest is bot interaction.

"I was wondering if someone would be interested in having the profile I'm using on the twitch channel (sophie, moya and TB). it can control everything in the game, plus about 300 interaction commands and sound clips.
let me know, I might share it for free or ask a small donation..."

Erroll

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Erroll
I saw a video of someone with a sick triple projector system playing elite and they were using voice commands (in Deutsche). What a great way to handle all those things I can never remember the key for and are not mapped to the HOTAS. I am going to try this tonight.

Then I just need it to work with my kids. They are supposed to accept voice commands but I have seen no evidence that it works.

fraggdya

Admiral
Donor
Nov 16, 2014
RSI Handle
fraggdya
I'm waiting on a finished SC custom pack from a guy who does Voice Command packs, will let you know ASAP

Shar Treuse

Captain
Nov 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Shar Treuse
I will likely never use voice control, as I spend way too much time voice chatting and would hate to trigger something unintentionally.

ANARCKOS

Vice Admiral
Oct 19, 2014
RSI Handle
ANARCKOS
I will likely never use voice control, as I spend way too much time voice chatting and would hate to trigger something unintentionally.
thats why we use a name or world like COMPUTER, DROIDS etc before every command...

I will be sharing my VA for $10 and the sound pack you can get for free. et support SC and ED right now, I think imma try to use it on EVE too

ANARCKOS

Vice Admiral
Oct 19, 2014
RSI Handle
ANARCKOS
my voice profile, "bumblebee droid menage" is now avaible for requests. I am asking $5(special price for TEST, normal price is $10) donation for the 2 months hardwork I put on this project. I will soon make an official post/demo about it and set a sellfy.com page for it. this will go also towards my 500 followers GIVEAWAY fund...

BUMBLEBEE DROID MENAGE VAP
532 commands. It can control:
STAR CITIZEN (preset 3)
ELITE DANGEROUS (default preset)
DEEPBOT (custom shortcuts)
X SPLIT (custom shortcuts)
MUSIC (custom shortcuts)

about 300 voice activated sound clips. and lots of droids interaction.
if you are interested mail me either here or on twitch..
http://www.twitch.tv/anarck0s

Erroll

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Erroll
Just wanted to share my profile
I installed Voice Attack this morning and tried out your profile as a starting point. I really like the technology. I need to fool around with it some more and focus on the activities I want it to do. I think I will have a preface for all my voice commands like "R2 recharge shields" or some such. I also need to find a way to integrate R2 happy chirp when it accepts and R2 sad chirp when it fails.

This is exactly what I needed to handle the tasks I don't map to my HOTAS.

my voice profile, "bumblebee droid menage"
I may take you up on that if just to see what you did. I still think I will want to do my own profiles.. thats kind of the strength of this.. but its nice to see how other folks approached it.

Madfish

Captain
Aug 10, 2014
RSI Handle
dottedfish
Not trying to be rude but what justifies the price? Are there any advanced commands? Like math plugin calculations, complete state awareness, safety states for dropping cargo / ejecting / self destruct etc.?
Although I have that in my profile already I'd possibly pick it up if it has something nifty that I don't have yet - otherwise I've found that the best way to making a profile is sadly to make it yourself (this way you actually remember what you have available as commands and also adjust it to your language (some triggers work more reliable than others)

ANARCKOS

Vice Admiral
Oct 19, 2014
RSI Handle
ANARCKOS
hey Madfish, no offense taken. you put up a good question about my VAP. obviously the 558 functions, about $0.017 cents per command is nothing compared like voice attack soft itself, that cost $8. but also it's not just a product, it's a piece of art, piece of me, and it took me 2months to put it together, lots of research on the internet about game and sci fi. droids are a living entity, they can entertain and be usefull.. also as I said before TEST have 50% discount just send me a msg.

I too need funds to make my stream project real, and other paralell ones, like TNGS ship concept, droids 3D modeling, INSIGHT RADIO, new overlay and lots more. rather than just asking for donations, I am offering another solution... o7

Last edited:

Erroll

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Erroll
If you just want to try out voice commands in Star Citizen before committing to paying for something there is always the fan produced and maintained Anna from the forums:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/153203/updated-voiceattack-profile-anna-fully-state-aware-control-everything-with-your-voice

I have the package for elite that was put out which is associated with wave files that can play in response and its pretty good although at the end of the day 1000+ commands and all I ever do is tell it to raise the landing gear and initiate jump. So, I can definitely see where there can be value in the effort folks put into these things.

I think what would be nice if there isn't one already is a video demo of your implementation in action.

Reactions: ANARCKOS

7ith

Lieutenant
Dec 29, 2014
RSI Handle
7ith
This is great I can see a huge use for this with adjusting your shields on the fly. "Shields full rear" "Shields full front" "Shields equalize"

Erroll

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Erroll
Just dont tell your kid to eject the dvd while you are playing..

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
I haven't set up a profile for elite yet, but my SC profile has something like 60 commands. I use probably 20% of them when I remember to turn on VA.

Forgot your password?