Voice Control

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Does anyone know if it is possible to write macros in game in order to give voice command like "fire up the hangar" and SC will automatically take you there, or "fire up the Hornet" and it will automatically take you through all the steps of starting the game in the ship? Any way to do this with the free PC voice control software online?

Reactions: marcsand2

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
If you mean for Arena Commander then Voice Attack should be able to accommodate, but in the PU that wouldn't be possible due to there being too many variables driven by where you log in at and having to walk to the ship terminals for the various locations then to the ship on whichever landing pad, or in your ship bed for ships with beds.

Reactions: Bambooza and Ammorn

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Can't you launch into the PU from your hangar
You can spawn from your bunk inside your ship, if you log out from the bunk, but what is the point of doing this? CIG build moons, cities with trains, habitats and god knows what more will come, but you want to skip this all with one voice command?

Even in Wing commander you had to attend (funny cartoon) briefing, got an opportunity to change loadout and take of before you had some action.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
. . .but what is the point of doing this? CIG build moons, cities with trains, habitats and god knows what more will come, but you want to skip this all with one voice command?
I just think it would be great to be able to tell hal, "launch hangar" and find myself in the hagar with my ships and ready to select a mission and ship. Climbing out of bed is not what I am looking forward to with my sparse gaming time. If I can tell the computer to launch SC, load the hangar and when i sit down I'm looking across my beautious birds, that would be optimal for me.

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
I just think it would be great to be able to tell hal, "launch hangar" and find myself in the hagar with my ships and ready to select a mission and ship. Climbing out of bed is not what I am looking forward to with my sparse gaming time. If I can tell the computer to launch SC, load the hangar and when i sit down I'm looking across my beautious birds, that would be optimal for me.
The thing is that's not what the game plans to support. Waking up inside a bed and walking out to the bridge/cockpit is a "feature" of the PU, it's only arena commander that will support loading into the ship cockpit directly.

Reactions: Bambooza and Deroth

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Yeah, I get that. That's why I am wondering about macros. I am not a coding guy so macros for MS Word scare me. I don't fuss with such stuff. OTOH, if it is simple enough; there is value added for me, to be able to say to Alexa, or Hal "load hangar" while I fix a friend a drink and have the computer start SC, walk my avatar from the bedroom to the hangar, and let them wonder at what they're seeing. Even without an audience, I need to budget time for getting a beer or five.

Just think about it. Which is more worth your time--getting out of bed or pouring a cold one?

Answer carefully, for arcane devices such as this search out heresy in the ranks.

Reactions: Bambooza and Deroth
Forgot your password?