VR support for Star Citizen?

Dygon

Space Marshal
Feb 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Dygon
Hello everybody,

Does anybody know if it's possible to use an Oculus Rift with Star Citizen? I've just bought a Rift, love it and I think it would be the most awesome thing to play Star citizen in!

If you can...how does it work? :D

thanks in advance!

Capt_Baldi

Grand Admiral
May 13, 2015
RSI Handle
Capt_Baldi
I don't think there's native support as of yet, but it's definitely coming at some point.
But, to play Star Citizen in it's current form with 20 ish fps in the PU isn't going to be the best VR experience I'd imagine. :D

But sure, Arena Commander or even Star Marine (On a good day when you're outside of the US) could be really cool in VR atm.
I can't wait to test it out myself when I get my head wrapped around which VR headset to get.

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
I htink you can get it to work with VorpX though I dont know what the fps would be like

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Back in the days when arena commander came out, I tried to get it to work with my google cardboard+phone. If I remember correctly there was some minimal support by using console commands, but I think it was removed because it was totally bugged. I needed some sorta 3rd party software to turn on side-by-side 3d, and to turn the accelerometer into mouse movement, which didn't really work so I just used facetrackNoIR for that. I remember seeing an option in that software for Oculus support, but I can remember the name, sorry.
Btw, it worked once out of like 50 tries, I usually ended up with the same pic on both sides, followed by crashing to desktop.
So if you wanna try it, google around and check the RSI forums, there might be a way to get it working!

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I would think the trouble with OR is you can't see your keyboard to interact. Wouldn't you be better off with a less immersive HMD that you can see past?

Forgot your password?