Warbond CCU Question

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Hey my TESTies,

Is there a way of telling which of my Warbond CCUs in buybacks offer LTI and which offer 10 year insurance, etc? Understanding of course that there is no longer a monetary benefit to them in buybacks, but they still offer upgraded insurance, ergo are worth listing in my about to be reopened Emporium.

Cheers,

Owl

Reactions: DirectorGunner

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Yeah, when you click on he buy back button, it will show you what the details are.
I thought so too, but none of my CCUs in buybacks are showing anything to do with insurance. And if I recall correctly, Warbond CCUs upgraded insurance to 10 yr, and a couple of times (Nomad was one) the Warbond CCUs offered LTI.
I think I'll buy one or two back and see if it shows then.
1657748987199.png

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I just bought one back. There was no indicator in buybacks, but as soon as you click apply, it shows the 120 month insurance.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Hey my TESTies,

Is there a way of telling which of my Warbond CCUs in buybacks offer LTI and which offer 10 year insurance, etc?
I'm confused, so I just did a check...

If it is just a plain CCU, then wouldn't it just be the insurance for what the base ship was?

When I go to buy back an actual ship pledge, it gives me all the details for what the ship's insurance is.

Does that answer your question?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I'm confused, so I just did a check...

If it is just a plain CCU, then wouldn't it just be the insurance for what the base ship was?

When I go to buy back an actual ship pledge, it gives me all the details for what the ship's insurance is.

Does that answer your question?
Yeah, plain CCUs have no insurance incentive. However, Warbond CCUs have been offering an upgrade on insurance since their release. Some offered an LTI upgrade, so you could upgrade a non-LTI ship to LTI, and most offer a 120 month insurance upgrade. However, in buybacks, it does not show this information. The only was I can find to ascertain what insurance upgrade is offered is by clicking the "apply upgrade" button once the CCU is bought back, it will show the insurance upgrade.

This is a warbond CCU in hangar. No insurance upgrade is mentioned here. Nor was it mentioned in buybacks.
1657750167233.png

Click "Apply Upgrade" and you get this:
1657750242550.png

What I'm trying to figure out is if all warbond CCUs have upgraded insurance, before I offer them for resale. Which is quite confounding, lol.

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Even the "CCU Game" plugin and website won't help check, unfortunately... I bought a couple of Spartan and Raft CCU's at IAE last year that have 10 year insurance, but the site doesn't reflect this component of them - It does, however, show it for the CCU's purchased at Invictus (The only CCU's I have in buyback are ones which didn't have any "savings" on them when melted (for concept ships, to lock in price - I plan on extracting them from buy-back prior to the ship's release\potential price rises).

If you can see the dates you purchased them, it is likely that those bought during Invictaus\IAE will have the extended insurance, whilst those bought during the rest of the year won't, but I could be wrong (particularly on older CCU's).

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Even the "CCU Game" plugin and website won't help check, unfortunately... I bought a couple of Spartan and Raft CCU's at IAE last year that have 10 year insurance, but the site doesn't reflect this component of them - It does, however, show it for the CCU's purchased at Invictus (The only CCU's I have in buyback are ones which didn't have any "savings" on them when melted (for concept ships, to lock in price - I plan on extracting them from buy-back prior to the ship's release\potential price rises).

If you can see the dates you purchased them, it is likely that those bought during Invictaus\IAE will have the extended insurance, whilst those bought during the rest of the year won't, but I could be wrong (particularly on older CCU's).
Ahhhh yes, that's right; IAE/Invictus definitely offered the 10 yr insurance. Smart my dude! Thanks for the tidbit. It's a starting point for sure. I only have about 20 of the damn things, but I sure as shit don't want to end up screwing people by offering these extended insurance CCUs only to find out that one or two of them don't have it.

[Legatus] Moufisto

Commander
Jul 4, 2022
RSI Handle
Mousfistoo
If you're in Australia and you want to sell and buy something back, you don't get paid back on the tax you put in, so for us we have to pay an extra 20% if we want to buy back something we melted.

Bit painful, but something to keep in mind if you're in Australia, I imagine something similar might be happening in other countries too.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I believe the only ccu's that offer LTI was ccu's to Nomad or to Super Hornet. The hornet ones are extremely rare and maybe 10 years old.
Ok awesome! Thanks Doyzer. So the rest would be the 120 month insurance then. Now to figure out if that's only IAE/Invictus, or all Warbond CCUs.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
If you're in Australia and you want to sell and buy something back, you don't get paid back on the tax you put in, so for us we have to pay an extra 20% if we want to buy back something we melted.

Bit painful, but something to keep in mind if you're in Australia, I imagine something similar might be happening in other countries too.
Yeah, thankfully that's not the case in Canada . . .yet. I think it's BS they can charge you taxes on something you already bought. Fucking robbery.

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Ahhhh yes, that's right; IAE/Invictus definitely offered the 10 yr insurance. Smart my dude! Thanks for the tidbit. It's a starting point for sure. I only have about 20 of the damn things, but I sure as shit don't want to end up screwing people by offering these extended insurance CCUs only to find out that one or two of them don't have it.
Is it possible to list the CCU and date you have for the purchase on any you're note sure of (CCU game seems to show the date you melted buybacks, not purchase date), as there's a chance someone here may have one in their hangar still and can check.

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria

Not really - You pay 10% when you buy it initially, but when you melt it, this "returns" to your balance (but is not visible) and is applied against whatever you use your "credit" on to cover the tax that you would have been charged had you not used the money for the melted item, and instead bought the new item with the original cash.

Instead of thinking you are buying an item, look at it as buying $x of "pledge store credits" for which you pay a certain amount of tax. In some cases, the credits may come in the form of a "ship" (or other item), in others a "gift card"\balance increase. When melting\buying things with credit, you are simply re-allocating this "credit". A "buyback", or "warbond" purchase is simply the act of adding additional credit to your account, in a particular form.

For example (GST is 10%):
Person buys ship A at $100 + $10 GST
Person melts ship A, then buys 2 ships (Ship B at $60, ship C at $40 using credit, so no GST shown)
Person then "buys back" ship A paying $100 + $10 GST
Total paid - $200 + $20 GST
Ships owned - A, B, and C

Another person buys Ship B at $60 + $6 GST
They then buy Ship C at $40 + $4 GST
Then they buy ship A at $100 + $10 GST
Total paid - $200 + $20 GST
Ships owned - A, B, and C

Both players paid the same amount, the same GST, and have the same ships. Neither player paid "more" for a ship because of GST, or got one cheaper because they didn't have to pay GST on it. The first person didn't spend $100 +$20 GST for ship A, $60, no GST on ship B, and $40, no GST on ship C - They spent $200 on ships A, B, and C, and had $20 GST applied to the purchases.

The fact that you don't see taxes such as GST shown when using credit is because that tax was paid when the initial purchase was made - re-arranginging where the credit was applied simply re-allocates the initial tax\GST paid to the items the credit is applied to. It has no connection to the original item.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Is it possible to list the CCU and date you have for the purchase on any you're note sure of (CCU game seems to show the date you melted buybacks, not purchase date), as there's a chance someone here may have one in their hangar still and can check.
Maybe. I'll have to look into it. I think most of them show, as you say, the date they were melted.

Forgot your password?