Warthog (Right Stick) +T16000m (Left Stick) HOSAS TARGET Profile

dcjoker

Captain
Nov 30, 2021
RSI Handle
dcjoker
I just got done jury rigging these sticks onto my Herman Miller Aeron. I've scoured the internet and could not find a decent working HOSAS setup profile for these two sticks.

Does anyone have this setup? If so are you using TARGET? If so can you please share the config profile yoh are using?

If you have this setup and are using other software I am open to suggestions.

I want the T16000 (Left stick) as my strafe and roll stick because it has a twist axis. I want the warthog as my aim stick because it feels nicer even though it has no twist axis.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I spoke with Monstertech last year and they said they were working on a chair mount for Herman Miller Aerons and they were curious how I mounted my Warthog and how stable it was so I showed them some earlier pics and gave them some suggestions. Finally added the Left stick since then.

Attached some photos for lols.

Attachments

Texelis

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Texelis
Hello! I've used that exact set up. You don't need to use the TARGET software, do everything in game. You'll want to keybind your controllers. The ingame system works well, just double click the setting and move/press what you want it bound to. It's going to take awhile, and you'll have to test things out. I suggest free flight, so death doesn't cost you anything. Then move to VS and test combat.

I suggest doing it yourself as you'll learn what you like as opposed to what someone else likes. Change a few things, test it, add a few more etc.

I'll start you off with this: when binding left JS to strafe/thrust, you'll need to invert the controls. Default is pulling back on the stick moves you forward, or maybe you like that? Anyway, there's another section in the settings for inverting controls, and changing deadzone. The slider on the T16000 makes a great speed limiter control.

Last edited:

dcjoker

Captain
Nov 30, 2021
RSI Handle
dcjoker
Hello! I've used that exact set up. You don't need to use the TARGET software, do everything in game. You'll want to keybind your controllers. The ingame system works well, just double click the setting and move/press what you want it bound to. It's going to take awhile, and you'll have to test things out. I suggest free flight, so death doesn't cost you anything. Then move to VS and test combat.

I suggest doing it yourself as you'll learn what you like as opposed to what someone else likes. Change a few things, test it, add a few more etc.

I'll start you off with this: when binding left JS to strafe/thrust, you'll need to invert the controls. Default is pulling back on the stick moves you forward, or maybe you like that? Anyway, there's another section in the settings for inverting controls, and changing deadzone. The slider on the T16000 makes a great speed limiter control.
Thank you. I'll give it a shot once I'm feeling better. Sick right now.
Btw what are you using now? Did you move on to dual Virpil Alphas with Warbrds?

Texelis

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Texelis
Thank you. I'll give it a shot once I'm feeling better. Sick right now.
Btw what are you using now? Did you move on to dual Virpil Alphas with Warbrds?
Np, feel free to dm. It can be a bit daunting, but worth it in the end. You can save the profile in game too.
I still use the Warthog on the right, though I did a spring job on it to reduce the friction. Gets a bit sweaty when dogfighting for hours on end.
Left stick is a Virpil Constellation, amazing JS. I'll run 2 at some point, but split up the purchase due to $$$

Reactions: dcjoker

White Lando

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 25, 2021
RSI Handle
White_Lando
Oh and I dig your setup! I built something similar myself. Couldn't believe how much more fun I had when using dual sticks vs k&m when flying. Completely changes the feel of the game.

Reactions: dcjoker

White Lando

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 25, 2021
RSI Handle
White_Lando
Awesome. This seems incredibly helpful thanks. I'll use this as a starting point.
A few things that I bounced back and forth on were the speed limiter on the left stick hat and the left stick trigger as the modifier button.

After trying other things, I kind of like how he has it. It grew on me.

But I think everyone has different preferences, try things until you find what works best for you :like:

dcjoker

Captain
Nov 30, 2021
RSI Handle
dcjoker
A few things that I bounced back and forth on were the speed limiter on the left stick hat and the left stick trigger as the modifier button.

After trying other things, I kind of like how he has it. It grew on me.

But I think everyone has different preferences, try things until you find what works best for you :like:
I tried rebinding everything just using the game's settings and not using TARGET. When I tried it out I had some really weird things happen. My joystick keybind for min throttle shut all power to my ship off and i could not power it back on again even with interacting and powering off and back on. Powering on did nothing. I reloaded and tried again and it did the same thing and shut my ship off. I checked the keybindings again and that button is not bound to anything but min throttle. Super confused.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666

This is the best advice you can get and will give you the experience to master it,
the way it suite you and not have to learn what suite someone else.. ( if you stick to it and don't give up that is 🙃 )

CHEERS! 🍻

Side note: Is there a learning curve attached?....
...........Yes! .. 🍻

White Lando

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 25, 2021
RSI Handle
White_Lando
I tried rebinding everything just using the game's settings and not using TARGET. When I tried it out I had some really weird things happen. My joystick keybind for min throttle shut all power to my ship off and i could not power it back on again even with interacting and powering off and back on. Powering on did nothing. I reloaded and tried again and it did the same thing and shut my ship off. I checked the keybindings again and that button is not bound to anything but min throttle. Super confused.
I use Joy to Key but not sure if it's necessary anymore. I use dual T16000, not sure if that matters.

These two videos got me setup (one of them is just showing the new location of the controls folder for SC)

Joy to Key bindings setup

Update showing new folder location

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Targets garbage, Star C can natively see and use all the joysticks you plug in. Just plug em in and go into SC and start a binding baby!!!

dcjoker

Captain
Nov 30, 2021
RSI Handle
dcjoker
I realized that Min Throttle actually completely shuts off your ship right now and Max Throttle is the only thing that can turn the ship back on. Weird. I unbinded those and now everything seems to be working great.

Reactions: White Lando
Forgot your password?