RSI Handle
LurchLord

LurchLord

Space Marshal
Apr 30, 2016
RSI Handle
LurchLord
Are they giftable?
Looks like it, at least there is a "Gift" option in my hangar now.

Hmm, that helmet is not bad
I like the insinuation that armored flight suit brings. No more sitting in a pilot seat in 5 tons of steel with a wardrobe on our back.
So ship choice matters for what you want to do. Bunkers? Better bring something with storage.

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
That flightsuite does look nice enough, true.
But I'm more surprised about the (Single Fire) remark next to those P8-ARs.
Are those No-Auto / Higher Damage / Marksman Versions?
Reading further...
Da Fuq..?
- CitizenCon 2954 Themed Double Bed
For real?
Does that mean i can fly to a nice place on Microtech, pull out my bed and log out under the stars?
Can I put several of those into my C2 and open up a bord... err... hotel?
The possibilities..

Last edited:

LurchLord

Space Marshal
Apr 30, 2016
RSI Handle
LurchLord
I justified it as such:
Nice suit, nice gun, nice hangar flair. Me want, so I will have.

Also I have been good and not given in to the marketing for the new shiny ship, so I can reward myself by giving in to the marketing for the little stuffs.

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
With not one, but TWO P-8s. Hitting with the full FOMO on this one. Which won't keep me from buying it, we are in need of a good DMR in game and I'm not rich on time to farm them.

RSI is not getting another penny from me until they deliver on their promises.. cha ching payment successful, wait how did that happen.
As the package appears in your online hangar, you hear, ever so faintly, a trace of sinister laughter from your speakers...

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Yeesh spending 30 quid on or towards a space ship is one thing spending 30 quid on a box a space suit and a crap gun is a whole nother level of madness!

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Not sure I'm interested in it considering the price point, but there are some interesting consideration...
The armor is the same we see in the SQ42 trailer in the Idris flight deck sequence, plus the fact they include the P8 could hint to the fact that the gun will be released in the PU: it could be a nice addition considering some weapons, like the Kastak, could be removed form Stenton to be available only on Pyro.
The "single shot" note is a bit concerning and need to be clarified bi GIC: does it mean the weapon, being the civilian version, is semi-auto only? Or it mean is literal a one shot weapon meaning you fire once and then discard it??? :wut:

Also the fact that CIG is gifting so much item related to SQ42 in a CitisenCon pack make me hope (almost certainly invain) for some valuable update on the state of Squadron... not dreaming of a possible targeted release window but at least some new trailer.

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
Yeesh spending 30 quid on or towards a space ship is one thing spending 30 quid on a box a space suit and a crap gun is a whole nother level of madness!
Agreed to a point. I'm getting it to have it locked but if it turns out to be not worth it I'm simply melting and adding it to my Idris buyback funds

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Does that mean i can fly to a nice place on Microtech, pull out my bed and log out under the stars?
Can I put several of those into my C2 and open up a bord... err... hotel?
The possibilities..
I believe the word you might be thinking of is "hostel", as in a cost effective place for those traveling with low finances.

• o7
Reactions: Mudhawk

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Not sure I'm interested in it considering the price point, but there are some interesting consideration...
The armor is the same we see in the SQ42 trailer in the Idris flight deck sequence, plus the fact they include the P8 could hint to the fact that the gun will be released in the PU: it could be a nice addition considering some weapons, like the Kastak, could be removed form Stenton to be available only on Pyro.
The "single shot" note is a bit concerning and need to be clarified bi GIC: does it mean the weapon, being the civilian version, is semi-auto only? Or it mean is literal a one shot weapon meaning you fire once and then discard it??? :wut:

Also the fact that CIG is gifting so much item related to SQ42 in a CitisenCon pack make me hope (almost certainly invain) for some valuable update on the state of Squadron... not dreaming of a possible targeted release window but at least some new trailer.
I get the feeling, with as much as we know so far from CIG, that there will be some sort of major update given towards the release of SQ42. These items being so SQ42 themed further pushes that belief from my perspective. This being said, I have a couple issues with this bundle, while the price might justify itself with what's included, the unknown "to be developed during the event" items leave that to be questionable. Also, the flight suit & armor are designed as "sapphire", but they seem more like charcoal grey to me, unlike those used in the SQ42 demo from several years ago.

As for the "single shot" P8-AR rifles, I'm sure that CIG means for them to be semi-auto, just no burst mode. Which to me, might make them decent for mid range sniping action depending on the scope that's equipped. *fingers crossed*

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
I get the feeling, with as much as we know so far from CIG, that there will be some sort of major update given towards the release of SQ42. These items being so SQ42 themed further pushes that belief from my perspective. This being said, I have a couple issues with this bundle, while the price might justify itself with what's included, the unknown "to be developed during the event" items leave that to be questionable. Also, the flight suit & armor are designed as "sapphire", but they seem more like charcoal grey to me, unlike those used in the SQ42 demo from several years ago.

As for the "single shot" P8-AR rifles, I'm sure that CIG means for them to be semi-auto, just no burst mode. Which to me, might make them decent for mid range sniping action depending on the scope that's equipped. *fingers crossed*
Single shot is how it would be said in the UK. it may have been a Brit staff member or the Brit office that compiled the listing. It does indeed mean semi-auto.

As for an update for SQ42. Yes they will talk about it but more of the classic soon™. I think they will show off a new trailer but we wont be getting it this year or a release date yet.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
As for an update for SQ42. Yes they will talk about it but more of the classic soon™. I think they will show off a new trailer but we wont be getting it this year or a release date yet.
I'm suspecting that CIG will give an estimated release window, such as "end of next year (2025)", which should satisfy their key investors for the next14.5 months at the very least. I'd say they might even announce a possible upcoming limited beta window for it, but that would most likely be restricted to the avocados with massive NDA restrictions. Meanwhile, they've been slowly bringing aspects of how the controls & systems from SQ42 will handle into the Verse, so that we can test them out for them without the need to NDA these portions.

This being said, IF those in charge at CIG reverse course with the sale of the Bengal as they did with the F8C as the surprise BIG ship sale, since they've said that this year's CC is described as. "what better way to celebrate than aboard an active-duty RSI Bengal themed venue! This year, the UEE is opening its doors to citizens from across the 'verse, inviting you to step onto its iconic vessel in-person for a weekend packed with presentations, activities, giveaways, cosplay, and so much more." I would not be upset. My fleet would definitely be feeling the heat as I'd be melting a large chunk of it in order to obtain a Bengal, but that would save me from more disappointment from losing more F5 battles for an Idris that's 1/4 the size.

Forgot your password?