We need to find a Bengal!

halfsane

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2014
RSI Handle
halfsane
I have been reading some lore and shit and came across the Bengal. This is probably well known, but I am just learning about this game and didn't see any discussion. If we can find one of these and pool our resources to refurb it.. holy shit!

Overview
The Bengal-class carrier is the largest warship fielded by the UEE.
This iconic symbol of Imperial might is a thick-skinned and hard-hitting behemoth, featuring
arrays of anti-capital ship weaponry and monstrous layered shield and armour systems. The
true might of the Bengal is stored in its belly: squadrons of dozens of fighter and bomber
craft that turn an impressive warship into the ultimate symbol of UEE power projection.
Acquisition of a Bengal is extremely difficult, though possible. The UEE will never make this
craft available for sale on the open market, but Bengal carriers have been known to have been
destroyed or disappear. Should an organisation come across one of these hulks, they will be
able to refurbish the monster at a massive expense and take ownership.

Base fittings:
Crew: 755 (approximately 30 player crew and 700+ NPC crew)
x1 Behring Quad 130mm railgun turret
x18 ASD STS turrets, dual ion cannon fitted
x40 MaxOx AA turrets, dual heavy duty laser fitted
x16 K&W Rolling Space Frame missile racks, 21 missiles per rack
x4 Talon Sweeper Mine Dispensers
14× Phalanx point defence systems, gatling laser fitted
14× Phoenix-class Shield Generators
6× HT-2000 Burst Shield Generators
Maximum shield generator size unknown.
Base cargo capacity unknown
Upgrade slot capacity unknown
Sleeping quarters inclusiv

halfsane

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2014
RSI Handle
halfsane
Great plan, all of the optimization patches for PS2 should really help the bengals fps!

Loteus

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 1, 2013
RSI Handle
Loteus
We smuggled it into Planetside 2
Can confirm. I was the one to squeeze it into [LOCATION UNDISCLOSED]
That moved staircase had nothing to with me, I swear.

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Yup! We also have one stored on the forums where the hamsters are busily tweaking it to offer top of the class electronic systems.

Shards

Captain
Dec 9, 2013
RSI Handle
Shards
Can find bagels instead? They are delicious, and by delicious I mean they are an excuse to eat cream cheese, which is actually delicious.

Reactions: Dragor

Munken

Game Master
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
MunkenTEST
Yup! We also have one stored on the forums where the hamsters are busily tweaking it to offer top of the class electronic systems.
For a moment I thought you said "where the hamsters are busily twerking"
Now that’s an image for you.

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
I'm all in favor of naming it the Good Ship Lolipop. She will be a fine ship of sturdy, duck-tape and glue construction and will be the terror of at least one small, unpopulated planet. We'll need a good crew to create small fires in the sleeping quarters and to fire silverware and kinck-knacks out of the cannons at our enemies.

halfsane

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2014
RSI Handle
halfsane
Can you imagine how many Auroras it could hold? It would be like a mobile beehive if bees were suicidal auroras.

Loteus

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 1, 2013
RSI Handle
Loteus
Close enough?

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777

Daiten Baou

Rear Admiral
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
DaitenTryce
1. We need nothing but the strength of our gathered auroras, opinions to the contrary are heresy.

2. Heresy, while not punishable by death is cause for instant ridicule by TEST hardliners.

3. This thread contains rhetoric opposing current doctrine.

Correction... Bengal is for the TEST flotilla, our mobile Aurora Flood base. The Auroras themselves can only go so far on their own. (Fuel restrictions.)

Reactions: JoeCool4433

Shards

Captain
Dec 9, 2013
RSI Handle
Shards
Correction... Bengal is for the TEST flotilla, our mobile Aurora Flood base. The Auroras themselves can only go so far on their own. (Fuel restrictions.)
Hmm this makes far more sense than taking off from the near planet to our target, going to max speed until fuel runs out, and then coasting the rest of the distance to the target (hoping it doesn't move).

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
Hmm this makes far more sense than taking off from the near planet to our target, going to max speed until fuel runs out, and then coasting the rest of the distance to the target (hoping it doesn't move).
That's exactly how we do it, though. Any survivors from the action then abandon Aurora and hitch a ride with space dolphins back to HQ.

Test Squadron, leaving its shed snake skin of Auroras in a part of the galaxy near you!

halfsane

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2014
RSI Handle
halfsane
That's exactly how we do it, though. Any survivors from the action then abandon Aurora and hitch a ride with space dolphins back to HQ.

Test Squadron, leaving its shed snake skin of Auroras in a part of the galaxy near you!

They will need to make some kind of space junk cleaning ship because of us

Munken

Game Master
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
MunkenTEST
Another problem with the strategy is, Auroras don’t have a lot of defense. So are we going to bring a giant ship to shield us so that we can get close enough to do our kamikaze strategy?

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Another problem with the strategy is, Auroras don’t have a lot of defense. So are we going to bring a giant ship to shield us so that we can get close enough to do our kamikaze strategy?
We shall overwhelm them with numbers alone! What use is a great weapon when it can't possibly hit all our hundreds of Auroras!

Reactions: JoeCool4433
Forgot your password?