Weapon choices

8rawler

Vice Admiral
Jan 5, 2018
RSI Handle
8rawler
P4-AR for FPS, the bots drop them so picking up a pair off your kills gives ya an extra 60 rounds and the ammo youd be carrying works.
Only trouble i have is switching modes is too slow.

For ships i like panthers. Miniguns are nice but only in sets of 4. Depends alot on your preferred range.

FDC7983A-B472-4BA5-8C4F-B620568627DA.png

Raither

Captain
Nov 2, 2017
RSI Handle
Dr_McLaren
Going to be medical in a Triage, so weaponry on the ship won't matter too much to me.

Personal weap tho?

That little Behring ballistic SMG is amazing imo. Couple that up on some heavy armor with a sniper or railgun for options and you are all set to ruin your attacker's day

Raither

Captain
Nov 2, 2017
RSI Handle
Dr_McLaren
I like the P4-AR myself.
I liked that gun too, but for whatever reason I could not buy ammo for it. Damn clip in the shop would light up yellow, but never light up orange. I travelled to a few other places, same problem.

Behring? Ammo purchase went smooth as silk every time.

Where were you able to get your ammo for it 'Sunder?

Reactions: Scape

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I liked that gun too, but for whatever reason I could not buy ammo for it. Damn clip in the shop would light up yellow, but never light up orange. I travelled to a few other places, same problem.

Behring? Ammo purchase went smooth as silk every time.

Where were you able to get your ammo for it 'Sunder?
Use the terminal. And buy alot of ammo.

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
Okay for FPS sidearms, I have a H&K P30SK and a Glock 27 that I alternate, and a Century Arms RAK-47 as primary...oh, yer talkin' in game? I carry nothin! I absolutely ABHOR digital violence! However, if I were not such a saintly pacifist, I would carry either the F55 ballistic or Demeco energy LMGs(need lots of ammo cuz I spray and pray), for a secondary I like the little Kastak Custodian and the Arclight pistol as a sidearm cuz high capacity(NEVER be in my line of sight when I draw a weapon!)As for the ships, I hung a bunch of those Hurston Dynamics guns off every ship that would carry them in the PTU, and PVP got boring(against AI pirates at least, I could have a fully crewed Hammerhead against an Aurora and I would find some way to get us all killed)

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I'm curious why anyone would carry a pistol as a secondary. Do the SMGs fail other than running out of ammo? Has anyone ever had a weapon failure?

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I'm curious why anyone would carry a pistol as a secondary. Do the SMGs fail other than running out of ammo? Has anyone ever had a weapon failure?
Never had a weapon failure myself. I suppose CIG could put such a system in to make the game more frustrating if they wanted.

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
Because you can always carry a pistol even if you are just in a flight suit. Light and medium armor allow for one primary weapon plus a side arm. Heavy armor let's you have a primary, secondary, and a side arm. Plus the different levels of armor have different sized weapon slots. So you can't run around in a flight suit with a Scourge.

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
Never had a weapon failure myself. I suppose CIG could put such a system in to make the game more frustrating if they wanted.
I don't see why that won't be a thing. It's going to happen with ship components so it won't be a stretch to add wear and tear, along with random failures to personal weapons as well.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I have to wonder why anyone would carry a pistol if they had a rifle. Even a small SMG is so much more powerful than a pistol, I can't understand why you would ever draw the pistol.

I thought that the combat movement base was built around encumbrance, and the more your arms and armor weighed, the slower you would move, so why would anyone carry a coupe extra pouds of pistol when they could just carry another clip for the SMG? Sounds like it is a function of slots though. No difference in movement rate whether your slot is empty of full, so why not carry a pistol?

And did I hear right. . .only heavy armor provides slots for the heaviest weapons such a sniper rifles and the railgun? Or is there a difference between sniper rifles and the Scourge?

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
I have to wonder why anyone would carry a pistol if they had a rifle. Even a small SMG is so much more powerful than a pistol, I can't understand why you would ever draw the pistol.
Because you carry a pistol and a rifle/smg/lmg/whatever, pretty sure you can't carry a rifle as a sidearm. As for why use a pistol over SMG or rifle? Handling for one, if you are going through a ship you will be able to aim faster with a pistol than you would with something bigger, yes an SMG would be better in that situation but if you are only carrying a pistol and a rifle, the pistol is the better option for some situations. Go play something like Rainbow 6 Siege and you will see the difference the size and handling make.

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
Some times its as simple as someone prefers semi-auto to Auto.....i do actually. Although i can see your point

Forgot your password?