Web Comics

honcho12

Space Marshal
Oct 12, 2014
RSI Handle
honcho12
I didn't see a thread for talking about web comics (not that I looked for one) so I figured I should make one! As a true nerd I've got a bunch that I keep up with:

Stand Still Stay Silent
Very pretty, good story, post apocalyptic Scandinavian adventures. What more could you want?

Penny Arcade
Video game nerds!

XKCD
Speaks for itself. You heathens.

Awkward Zombie
More video game nerds!

Girls with slingshots
I dig the story and the characters

Questionable Content
Again, I dig the story and characters

Girl Genius
Great story, I really like the steampunk-y vibe

Dresden Codak
Really pretty, and good story, but god does he update slowly...

Sufficiently Remarkable
Nice art, and a groovy story

The End
I really dig the story, and who doesn't love space!

Unfortunately, I'm up to date on all of them, so I have nothing to look forward to on weekends... If anyone wants to link to any other comics, please do!

Reactions: CosmicTrader

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Just going down some of the major ones on my list...
Schlock Mercenary - If you ignore everything else on this list, do yourself a favor and check this one out. Updates daily, with not a single missed update since 12 June 2000. Comic space opera, and I cannot recommend it highly enough. If I miss every other comic, I read this one daily.

Girl Genius - An absolutely beautiful steampunk gaslamp fantasy, with a M-W-F update schedule. Occasional hiccups in the schedule, but nothing severe. Jaegermonsters steal the scene on a regular basis.

Atomic Robo - The adventures of Nikola Tesla's thinking atomic automaton and his Action Science team. Really, if that blurb alone isn't enough to make you go read it, then there's no hope for you.

Reactions: honcho12

SkippyLeDoo

Lame Title
Nov 16, 2013
RSI Handle
SkippyLeDoo
My favorite is probably Unsounded. It's a sort of dark fantasy with great characters, story, depth, what have you. It's currently under hiatus but will continue soon.

The schedule is usually MWF (always at 12:00 AM) with the exception of a new chapter, new year, or a large page or large amount of pages. Whatever the reason, the artist always posts when the next will be, and she never misses an update. Okay, once, but it was due to emergency.

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
wow, some of those are sooo old... like Penny Arcade.. used to read that.. shit, what 20 years ago ?!? no maybe 15 or more...IDK..

honcho12

Space Marshal
Oct 12, 2014
RSI Handle
honcho12
wow, some of those are sooo old... like Penny Arcade.. used to read that.. shit, what 20 years ago ?!? no maybe 15 or more...IDK..
I know, it's weird going back to some of the earlier ones, the art is super different now.

that_frog_kurtis

Space Marshal
Dec 3, 2013
RSI Handle
Dr McNinja is about am Irish ninja doctor who fights Ronald Mcdonald, and is the origin of "ninjas can't catch you if you're on fire". Its fuckin lit

Edit: it goes to color fairly early on.

Forgot your password?