Welcome to the general forum!

TestBot

Ghost
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
TestBot
I wonder if zombies are immune to vacuums.
While zombies are extremely scientifically inaccurate, let's assume all is fine in the science world and answer the question.

Are they immune to vacuum?

No. Like any other object with pressurized interior they are not immune to vacuum. However going by the popular lore and assuming that they will have a much harder skin and won't need many of their necessary organs and large amounts of their body fluid like blood, they can substantially survive much longer than an average human in vacuum. normally, a human would bleed rapidly until their brain is drained of oxygen or any other major organ fails and tears under pressure and then die (if they do not die from intense pain). A zombie would take much longer to die because apparently they can operate with only small amounts of blood. They will still die of a similar cause (since their brain seems to be the only essential part of their body) it'll just take much longer to completely drain the zombie of its blood.

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Well this seems to be a better conversation than the last thing i tried. Maybe i should just stick to thread necromancy after socially appropriate spans of time.
ROFL no worries, the hamsters were displeased but no banhammer was brought out for something that was meant to be innocent :D

SkippyLeDoo

Lame Title
Nov 16, 2013
RSI Handle
SkippyLeDoo
Maybe if you poke holes in the zombies you won't have to worry about it, because then their heads and torsos won't explode. Also, if you coat them in a self-oxidizing fuel, you can have gay zombie boarding teams.

Well this seems to be a better conversation than the last thing i tried. Maybe i should just stick to thread necromancy after socially appropriate spans of time.
That never happened shh. sorry hamsters

Forgot your password?