Were any of you EViEs around for this stuff?

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
There's an espionage thread on reddit/r/starcitizen, in which someone posted this Eve Vegas 2013 presentation by The Mittani. Fascinating stuff. Amazing to me that people are doing this kind of thing.

Anyway, Eve TEST came up a few times. Were any of you guys around for this stuff?

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
There's an espionage thread on reddit/r/starcitizen, in which someone posted this Eve Vegas 2013 presentation by The Mittani. Fascinating stuff. Amazing to me that people are doing this kind of thing.

Anyway, Eve TEST came up a few times. Were any of you guys around for this stuff?

I wasn't, but I had quit EVE and my 0.0 adventure with an alliance about 6 months prior to this. I bet you can guess who I was flying with at the time. Just as....colorful in game as with about a bottle of Jaeger in him.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I was not around for the big battle when TEST lost 6V (6VDT was the home base), but espionage and all the dirty tricks was all part of the game.

Thrashdog

Captain
Nov 26, 2013
RSI Handle
Thrashdog
I wasn't, but I had quit EVE and my 0.0 adventure with an alliance about 6 months prior to this. I bet you can guess who I was flying with at the time. Just as....colorful in game as with about a bottle of Jaeger in him.
Did you ever hear Black get going about lawn care? I learned more about landscaping than I ever wanted to know in the two months I flew with them.

Alwayz

Ensign
Dec 2, 2013
RSI Handle
Alwayz
Can't believe this is the first time I've seen that presentation from le martini, but that explains a lot.

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
Did you ever hear Black get going about lawn care? I learned more about landscaping than I ever wanted to know in the two months I flew with them.
ROFL. A million times yes. I asked him what he did for a living just out of the blue and found out he was a groundskeeper at a university, then the gates opened and a whole new world of lawn care was revealed to me.

They did help me learn one valuable lesson about EVE. Vets of a 0.0 alliance are very close-knit and are rubbed the wrong way by new guys.

TheEphesian

Lieutenant
Nov 25, 2013
RSI Handle
TheEphesian
I was around for most of the fountain war, had a great time doing it - and really wanted to get more involved with the Metagame. Unfortunately, my schedule at the time (over the year or so I was in TEST) was just too crazy to support me really getting space-involved.

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
never could find a group of doodz in my timezone to play EVE with (stationed in japan)
I quit recently, but would prolly pick it up again if i found a group of people that i could fly with.
(I'd be the designated sober person since i don't drink.)
I can sympathize coming from Korea, it really sux that there is no one in your TZ.

spaceduck

Ensign
Dec 15, 2013
RSI Handle
spaceduck
I was in ENLA (the recruiting corp of ENLI, TEST alliance member) during the 2013 fountain war, so I got to see some action as well. While the actual fight wasn't really that fun due to time dilation (server slows the game down to as low as 10% of normal speed when there's a lot of ships in the same system) and lag, the days leading up to it were great. Us complete newbros in ENLA managed to take out a heavily guarded goonswarm cyno (a jump point destination beacon if you will), trapping their capital ships somewhere completely remotely.

As for the spying/counterspying it was definitely present. Due to the mass paranoia people started joking about everyone being a spy. I remember one guy saying "I want to kill some goons" with the squad leader replying "only goonswarm spies make such statements" etc.

jamrockrabeh

Captain
Dec 10, 2013
RSI Handle
MadWOPR
I dropped in for about a month because I was so intrigued by the meta, but the actual mechanics weren't much to my liking. Too bad too.

Forgot your password?