What are you guys playing?

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
There's a game I got on Steam, still in development, but doing very well. PvE or PvP, survival horror game, looks like a dry version of Subnautica. It's called Osiris New Dawn, think "I crashed on Daymar and have to find my way off, while dodging monsters and storms."

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Brutal DOOM
Here's the starter pack that runs fine on just about anything, has everything included to play, and it's a lot of fun! And ofc it's free!
http://www.moddb.com/mods/recurring-nightmare/downloads/brutal-doom-hell-on-earth-starter-pack

Also, if you want something reeeeeeaaaaaaly slow, Pixel Puzzles Ultimate is a big hit in the family at the moment LOL

If you want hundreds of hours of open world fun, Fallout and The Elder Scrolls are the obvious answers, I can spend any number of hours in all of em whenever I got the HDD space to install them lol

Last edited:

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
I bought a few games in the Christmas sales and am now onto Sims 4, after this I'll be playing some Cities: Skylines. After that I'll probably be bored again and go do something destructive like get my lockpicking kit out or make something fun with my raspberry pi.

SullyQuindarius

Admiral
Dec 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SullyQuindarius
There's a game I got on Steam, still in development, but doing very well. PvE or PvP, survival horror game, looks like a dry version of Subnautica. It's called Osiris New Dawn, think "I crashed on Daymar and have to find my way off, while dodging monsters and storms."
Oh yea I've played that. I'm waiting for more story content (if there ever will be any).

hi100040

Captain
Jan 11, 2018
RSI Handle
CMDRDazlarus
I am playing ELEX and Assassin's Creed Origins. The DLC on Origins is actually really good compared to what I was expecting and actually felt like an extension of the game just like old expansion packs used to be. I am actually going for a 100% on AC: Origins. I am 68 hours in and probably have another 40 in the base game alone... and there are 2 more DLCs yet to come! Not much that I can really say that wouldn't be a spoiler besides what is already plastered everywhere from their advertising.

ELEX is a very European RPG. Lots of attention to detail in character development and how the societies in the game are structured/reputation systems. The game takes place a few hundred years after a comet hits a planet called Magalan and destroys the civilization that was there. The current civilization has been split into 3 factions/tribes. The groups are religious technophiles, atheist magic using technophobes, and scavengers that value freedom above everything else. There is a 4th faction that split off from the religious crowd that is trying to take over the planet by combining magic and technology. The magic in ELEX comes from a material called Elex that was created when the comet hit the planet, supposedly because of the intense heat. You play as Jax, a deserter from the 4th faction who has experienced memory loss and your goal is to get revenge on the people who betrayed you.

At the beginning of ELEX the combat is similar to dark souls, dodging out of the way, waiting for an opening, learning enemy attack patterns and style. After you join a faction and get some good gear the combat is much more gear dependant. If your armor is too weak and your weapons are too weak you will not be able to kill enemies without blowing through health items. The style of the game is open world but it is broken into acts and the landscape and enemy spawns change between acts. Even at the beginning of the game, there are very hard monsters dotted across the landscape so you have to be careful to not get into fights that you can't handle. This game oozes old-school RPG with a heavy focus on character building. I actually had to restart after about 12 hours because I was not used to needing to plan out my characters so early in the game. Also quick save and quick load are your friends since auto saving always seems to be from so far in the past that it really isn't that useful.

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
When i have time, thanks to my job promotion. I like to play Kerbal Space Program with Realism Overhaul (mod(s)).
If you're interested in doing so you need to reverse the current Version of KSP to 1.2.2. Then CKAN worked fine for me.

It makes KSP an almost completely different game.

Last edited:

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
JOIN US we need a 4th
I just got Sea of Thieves and played a few hours after firing it up. Pretty cool game. I first played with a random German guy who's English was a little rusty, then played for a couple hours with another guy and hopped on his discord. Checking the forums now at 3:33am right before going to bed, at least it's my off day tomorrow.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I just got Sea of Thieves and played a few hours after firing it up. Pretty cool game. I first played with a random German guy who's English was a little rusty, then played for a couple hours with another guy and hopped on his discord. Checking the forums now at 3:33am right before going to bed, at least it's my off day tomorrow.
add me to your xbox friends list, my handle is "Printimus"

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I just started playing For Honor again after the disastrous launch.
Loving Slay the Spire a lot.
Also, eagerly waiting for Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
PC: Total War Warhammer 2. Finishing up a Mortal Empires Wood Elf campaign atm, then going to launch into a Vortex Tomb Kings campaign to try them out.

Killing Floor 2. See zombies, shoot zombies, glorious slowmo and gore.

Audiosurf 2: Now with youtube integration, it's great relaxing fun.

On my switch, when I can wrangle it from my wifes hands, I'm playing Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, and Splatoon 2.

Reactions: hardroc77

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
TEST in SC is not the same group as TEST from Eve.

We're way cooler, and in their game, it's not even possible to crash into the sun. Not only that, it's not possible to crash at all! #physics

Forgot your password?