What do you all do right now? (in-game)

Odiam

Grand Admiral
Feb 17, 2016
RSI Handle
Odiam
More generally speaking: what's there to know at this stage?
I mainly fire up the PU, do a comm-array reboot, explore what I unlock for a bit, have the occasional pirate fight, and nothing much more. As far as I understand nothing is yet persistent anyway.
So, all good and fine, but am I missing some major activity or that's all at the moment? More than OK but just to be sure, you know.

Reactions: Unshaven

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
I play Arena Commander (BR-SB-VS) while waiting for PTU2.2 then I will be testing that.

You can visit ArcCorp - via elevator from the Hangar.
You can join other players on a multi crew ship in the Crusader Mini PU. And there are several missions to do.

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
I actually haven't played the PU at all yet. My little 660ti couldn't handle it. I did just get a GTX 970 installed last night so I plan on finally seeing what all the hubbub is about this weekend.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
In all seriousness though, you can head to Security Outpost Karesh and do some FPS stuff or head to any of the comm arrays and EVA into it to restart it. That's a whole series of quests. Then there's a sleuthing mission you get in your in game inbox. Oh, and there's another mission that you get via commlink from a doctor or someone. Can't remember exactly right now.
Arena commander is a great place to hone your skills (which I need to do, desperately).
And ArcCorp is fun to ru. Around and check out...or so I hear. I haven't been there yet. Dunno why.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Not much. But soon I'm going to spend my time practicing flying and getting better in dogfights. So I have a decent amount of experience with that.

What I'm mostly interested in is the Engineering aspect. I want to mod ships and repair them mid battle. I just discovered the Reliant SIN is a science vessel so I don't have to drop the cash on an Endeavor!

One of these days I have off I'm going to reboot all the comm arrays and the secondary quests. Just a goal of mine.

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz
I've gotten a bit bored with the protoverse, so I've been back in Arena Commander. Squadron Battle mostly, but do a bit of Battle Royale here and there. Testing out new ships and techniques and such, so my leaderboard ranking sucks, but it makes it fun.

Odiam

Grand Admiral
Feb 17, 2016
RSI Handle
Odiam
I've gotten a bit bored with the protoverse, so I've been back in Arena Commander. Squadron Battle mostly, but do a bit of Battle Royale here and there. Testing out new ships and techniques and such, so my leaderboard ranking sucks, but it makes it fun.
You look like the kind of person who could know how to activate the drone simulation, because it fails me at the moment.

Xian-Luc Picard

Space Marshal
Jan 9, 2016
RSI Handle
Xian-Luc_Picard
In all seriousness though, you can head to Security Outpost Karesh and do some FPS stuff or head to any of the comm arrays and EVA into it to restart it. That's a whole series of quests. Then there's a sleuthing mission you get in your in game inbox. Oh, and there's another mission that you get via commlink from a doctor or someone. Can't remember exactly right now.
Arena commander is a great place to hone your skills (which I need to do, desperately).
And ArcCorp is fun to ru. Around and check out...or so I hear. I haven't been there yet. Dunno why.
FPS at Karesh is awesome. I can't wait for Star Marine!

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Performance is still, how to put it mildly, utter shit. Wild frame drops on a 980 Ti (1440p) but it's still an alpha so I am fine with that.
I got 980ti and have average fps at 1080 on medium.
Course it's the same fps on 4k medium because...Alpha

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz
You look like the kind of person who could know how to activate the drone simulation, because it fails me at the moment.
Huh? Do you mean Vanduul Swarm?

KKDish King of all dishes

Commander
Donor
Jan 14, 2016
RSI Handle
KKDish
Fly into the sun... But really arena commander to get flying juuuust right and wait for the glorious day when my reclaimer can rip stuff apart for booze money!

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
I.. have no idea what is that, but I mean, Arena commander, Drone sim free flight... you just fly around or are there actual drones to shoot at? Maybe I am missing something hey, I am quite a noob.
Drone means you can practice with no one shooting you. Free flight is good for setting up your controller, getting used to various keys and you can practice auto/manual landings (there are 8 pads). Also, in Free Flight you can do Co-op with a friend that is willing to be the 'Drone' for you to practice shooting to get used to the targeting Pips etc. (I have done this several times with friends.)

The other Drone maps are very similar. I hope this explanation helps.
Have fun.

Forgot your password?