What do you look for in SC spaceships these days?

Nightlane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Nightlane
Yeah but I really am a Canadian. I don't have enough hate in me, just a lot of sorry (apparently, because I keep hearing it coming out of my mouth), and some meds that keep me from enjoying things that I really like... like beer, and I'd rather eat chicken than steak for some ridiculous reason.
Are you sure there is not someone pouring something weird in the water you drink? 🙃 😈

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Are you sure there is not someone pouring something weird in the water you drink? 🙃 😈
I live in Texas, inside a city, so I KNOW there's something weird in the water. It tastes a lot like laundry bleach. No side effects though, except there's a weird urge to vote Republican in the next general election. The weird part is, I'm not allowed to vote here... I'm Canadian. Canadians don't put laundry bleach in the water, but they do put something in there that makes you forget about the HST (a kind of VAT) when you're at a store.

Ninetoes

Commander
Sep 22, 2019
RSI Handle
Ninetoes
Functuality is #1 for me
coolness factor is #2

I do not like my Constellation Andromeda, mainly due to the cockpit and one room tube
I love the Freelancer, but think its layout is bad and no way 4 people would live in such confines for long period of time

Interior layout is very important to me, game wise and role playing wise, I feel most crew members expect their own space, even if it is a tiny stateroom, they should have their own space, military ships are different of course.

Really hoping the Carrack, Star Runner and Hercules are laid out nicely,...

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Functuality is #1 for me
coolness factor is #2

I do not like my Constellation Andromeda, mainly due to the cockpit and one room tube
I love the Freelancer, but think its layout is bad and no way 4 people would live in such confines for long period of time

Interior layout is very important to me, game wise and role playing wise, I feel most crew members expect their own space, even if it is a tiny stateroom, they should have their own space, military ships are different of course.

Really hoping the Carrack, Star Runner and Hercules are laid out nicely,...
As an FYI....
Freelancer. 38m. the whole ship is pressurized (for the most part) wingspan - 23.5m crew - 4
US. Space shuttle - 37m - (wingspan) - 23.8m Crew - 8 Most was unpressurized unless carrying spacelab, which added about 1/3 of the remaining length

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
As an FYI....
Freelancer. 38m. the whole ship is pressurized (for the most part) wingspan - 23.5m crew - 4
US. Space shuttle - 37m - (wingspan) - 23.8m Crew - 8 Most was unpressurized unless carrying spacelab, which added about 1/3 of the remaining length
That's an interesting comparison. It's a dang good thing that we have 900+ years of ship building experience. But why in hell does the Freelancer have that exit door in the crew quarters?

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Damn, you have a snack for bad ideas! Hats not grate at all. Lettuce come up with something less intrusive. Like beer drinking.
Says a guy from a country that has a carpet tax. It interferes with beer buying power. It does provide free healthcare though.. and last time I looked at how much my medical insurance cost down here, I almost had a coronary.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Says a guy from a country that has a carpet tax. It interferes with beer buying power. It does provide free healthcare though.. and last time I looked at how much my medical insurance cost down here, I almost had a coronary.
Hahah, I bet. Flcant say as I have any complaints about the healthcare system up here. I'd rather have access to it then feel like it's a Lamborghini showroom with things I can never afford.

Forgot your password?