What do you want/expect from the PTU?

Dygon

Space Marshal
Feb 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Dygon
What are you hoping for in the PTU? When you get the game, what is the first thing you'll be looking for/ trying to do?

I'm personally hoping that there will be some excellent alien tech to be found by people who spend countless hours exploring :D. I'll mainly be doing exploring, and I hope there will be some rewards to reap from that exploring except for being the first to see some stunning sight :p.

Tooterfish

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Tooterfish
I'm looking forward to making people as mad as possible using nothing but game mechanics. I'll also be enlisting prostitutes and cam whores to crew my 890 jump while I recite speeches from ten of my favorite sports movies.

Dygon

Space Marshal
Feb 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Dygon
So...you're basically saying you're a troll who's going to try and ruin other peoples game? Or are you trying to say that you'll be a pirate? Difference between a pirate and a troll. Whereas one has the goal to just make a profit, the other just wants to make the other gamer's experience as bad as possible and that gives him joy.

I also hope they do put the alien tech in. Like as in, you're exploring and you find some piece of alien tech that you can't buy anywhere, that'd be cool!

Last edited:

Dygon

Space Marshal
Feb 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Dygon
ooh, I didn't realize. Well, only one solution to that...get drunk myself :p. Nah, just kidding. I was reading about, when the PTU is out to do some drunk flying in group once or something a month. I'd be down for that , sounds like fun :p

Dorian Grey

Space Marshal
Feb 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Renstler
I expect to ONE SHOT everything with my Connie Andromeda and then have the devs NERF me ! lol

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
the PTU is just testing the next patch. the PU is the persistant universe. PTU has nothing to do with the PU, the PTU is out now and you can join it. It's just testing the bi-weekly patches CIG releases for arena commander.

Reactions: Dorian Grey

CGPepper

Comrade
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
CGP
Im hoping that i can hop onto a wild planet, find mehself a few fluffy ewoks, stuff my cutlass's blue holding cells and fly somewhere far and quiet where no1 can hear the screams (for research purposes)

Reactions: Overlord

Shar Treuse

Captain
Nov 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Shar Treuse
ooh, I didn't realize. Well, only one solution to that...get drunk myself :p. Nah, just kidding. I was reading about, when the PTU is out to do some drunk flying in group once or something a month. I'd be down for that , sounds like fun :p
All kidding aside, you are expected to imbibe the mandatory three beer/shot minimum before departing your hangar. This is TEST, we have a reputation to downhold.

(kidding, btw :P)

Reactions: Overlord

Shar Treuse

Captain
Nov 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Shar Treuse
I have a high-tech computer that helps me maintain spontaneity in my gaming, which I will be invoking each time I log into the game:

I keep it next to my Schrodingers Cat:

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Looking forward to having a less stressful game experience than Eve Online or World of Tanks. Looking forward to having a cool group to play with not unlike the Reddit World of Tanks clan I'm in(RDDT). Honestly looking forward to just seeing the sights. Setting the graphics to max and hanging out in space or visiting places around the galaxy.

Not really into pvp that much unless I have a replacement ready at all times. My version of 'Winning' a game like this is to accumulate enough wealth so that at any time if I get blown up I can place it easily, also purchase anything that I want at anytime within reason.

Looking forward to just being a Star TEST Squadron Citizen.

Reactions: rogesh

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
Looking forward to having a less stressful game experience than Eve Online or World of Tanks. Looking forward to having a cool group to play with not unlike the Reddit World of Tanks clan I'm in(RDDT). Honestly looking forward to just seeing the sights. Setting the graphics to max and hanging out in space or visiting places around the galaxy.

Not really into pvp that much unless I have a replacement ready at all times. My version of 'Winning' a game like this is to accumulate enough wealth so that at any time if I get blown up I can place it easily, also purchase anything that I want at anytime within reason.

Looking forward to just being a Star TEST Squadron Citizen.
yes I'll take 4 bengals and a kingship to go please

Overlord

Captain
Nov 30, 2014
RSI Handle
OVERLORD_COOPER
I am looking for a challenge. I am not looking for CIG to hold my hand and simply fly around looking at pretty planets. If I want that I go to Elite Dangerous. Or I log onto a single player game.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
I am looking for a challenge. I am not looking for CIG to hold my hand and simply fly around looking at pretty planets. If I want that I go to Elite Dangerous. Or I log onto a single player game.
apparently, you can earn money as a pro gamer inside star citizen. Like, competitive arena commander. So you're a progamer inside a game competing against other gamers playing as pro gamers.

Rids-frinic

Vice Admiral
Donor
Jul 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Rids-frinic
Although i have not had a fast enough internet to load the RSI forums correctly or post for that matter, i would like them to incorporate things like IFF that can be hacked and have the codes stolen to infiltrate the competition. At least for more serious RP w/ pvp. It would also be awesome to space walk over to an unsuspecting mining ship to place a tracker or other sabotaging item.

In terms of TEST oriented things. I would like to fill the hull of my Reclaimer with explosive material and crash it into a space station or large capital ship. This option would be nice with all my other ships with the capacity to carry cargo.

I wouldn't mind they increased the damage of all weapons and as well as the difficulty to get a hit. I've never been a fan of having to empty a whole mag to kill something. I understand the shield aspect but an aircraft/spacecraft should be allowed to take that much of a beating unless specifically designed to.

I think it would be awesome that if you have a crew that don't have their PPE on die almost instantly when the hull is breached be a blast of some sort. Maybe at least get injured or die as they tumble toward the hole as the air gets sucked out along with them if they're close enough.
These would be the people not secured during transit. A good lesson on wearing your seat-belt.

I would like the option to fist fight while planet side at a bar that is only available after your character has had a certain amount of drinks or if struck be one that has had the proper amount to drink.

Have a similar system to eve in terms of high and low security areas.

beer.

Rids-frinic

Vice Admiral
Donor
Jul 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Rids-frinic
I also plan to immediately put myself up for hire as a smuggler of goods in my freelancer dur. Quality service and intact cargo not guaranteed.

Griflet

Space Marshal
Aug 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Griflet
I'm looking forward to making people as mad as possible using nothing but game mechanics. I'll also be enlisting prostitutes and cam whores to crew my 890 jump while I recite speeches from ten of my favorite sports movies.
Makes more sense than it should.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Once the PU launches, Arena Commander will still be around- as a game. You can use it to fly ships you don't own, or play Vanduul Swarm, etc etc.

CIG has stated that they would love to have Arena Commander be a big e-sports type event, and will probably host tournaments with either UEC or cash prizes. Also player sponsored tournies as well.

Reactions: GrammarGestapo
Forgot your password?