What does owning a "LUXURY" ship do for you (and Star Citizen)?

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
Taking advantage of the audience metric for this thread. I have no luxury ships, and unlikely to ever buy one, but I have some relevant experience as a spaceship navigator.

Resume of Vavrik
An experienced Pilot Copilot Engineer Navigator seeking occasional employment.

Selected relevant TEST Squadron Qualifications:
  • Can't or doesn't always read instructions.
  • Often has difficulty reading text in chat windows.
    • Also in planetary atmosphere, but that apparently isn't a special skill.
  • Carries own set of navigation dice for the purpose of accurately setting headings to random locations.
  • Understands that a Mayday call requires the transmission to include the words "Say your last known location and direction here".
Salary expectations: Will apparently work for jokes and virtual beer.
Ahh man.
Too many words.
Couldn't you make a TL/DR?

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
View attachment 13545View attachment 13546

Disclosure: I LOVE the idea of luxury ships in Star Citizen.

Now that's over feel free to answer any or all of my questions this week:

1. Why did you buy a "luxury" ship (i.e. 300i, Phoenix, 600i or 890Jump)?
2. How will you use it in the universe?
3. What type of missions would you like Cloud Imperium to create for luxury ship owners?
4. What type of gameplay will you to create based on your luxury craft?

P.S. Luxury haters.... We love you anyway!

Peace,
GriffinGamingRPG

My Answers:
1. I don't want to stare at wires, pipes and bulkheads
2. Social space for my friends and travelling to exotic locations
3. Create specific locations only accessible to the "affluent" (just like the Million Mile Club). Also transporting (NPC) VIP's to their destinations.
4. Taking friends to beautiful locations in space and on planets/moons.
1: I got a 300 because I liked it's look. The OG look by the way. And the 890 just sorta jumped into my hangar. Probably because I'm a ship whore???
2: The 890? I'm not sure yet. I pulled it out in the PTU, ran around checking it and then proceeded to blow it up in deep space. Why? Because I could. The 300p is going to be used for solo exploring.
3: Jeez that's a tough one. Something along the lines of VIP transportation or something like that. How ever if a TEST yellow (that is a color, right?) becomes available, add mine to the TEST Party Fleet.
4: See #3?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Depends how long it takes to get me out of this wreck that I caused happened due to no fault of my own.
Well my friend @Vavrik , whenever we meet up in game, you're always welcome to have fun TEST piloting any of my ships that you'd like. I give extra points for creative TEST landings. Just be sure to take screen shots to share with our fellow TESTies to enjoy as well.

MegaMonkey

Vice Admiral
Sep 12, 2017
RSI Handle
MegaMonkey
1. Why did you buy a "luxury" ship (i.e. 300i, Phoenix, 600i or 890Jump)?
I got a 315i , back when I got it I didn't think the nose will have a dedicated tractor beam, I hope you can swap it out but not a deal breaker. Anyway I got it because it looked good, and recently bought some extras to the interior, so you can enjoy the look of the ship just as much of flying it

2. How will you use it in the universe?
Mostly for "peaceful" missions, like when you need to go scan for drones and destroy them without having to dogfight much. Also will be using it as my travel ship if all things equal with the insurance of ships allowing you to pick a ship up after it was claimed from anywhere.

3. What type of missions would you like Cloud Imperium to create for luxury ship owners?
Not sure if "Luxury ships" need a mission catered for it, I see it as a more social/RP oriented craft. Could be used to ferry VIPs as opposed to transporting personnel in shuttles.

4. What type of gameplay will you to create based on your luxury craft?
Pretty much said that all above lol, it'll be a chill ship, for RP or some easy missions while enjoying my time with friends or a youtube vid.

Forgot your password?