What if...

Guss De Blöd

Admiral
Donor
Jul 22, 2015
RSI Handle
gussdeblod
what if I felt alone lately as my GF isn't home 3days/7 , so I started streaming to not feel lonely.
But what if I only stream in French because I'm not comfortable enough to stream in English (I'm still trying to find the courage to talk on discord XD )
And what if I'm not a good entertainer, I'm just doing it to try to have fun with people in chat, and eventually play with them?
Can I become an official test streamer despite me being bad at it and in the wrong language ? XD

Harkuno

Sticker King
May 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkuno
I wouldn't mind watching someone streaming in french, I'd say go for it and see what happens! :)

something not tried is (usually) something not learned, in my book :D

Heck, I might even pick up some of the language!

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
Are you in TEST? ✓
Are you streaming? ✓

Boom. You're a TEST streamer.

Don't worry about being "a good entertainer". You'll find a groove that works for you and there will be people that enjoy that. As far as not speaking in English, I wouldn't stress about it honestly. Maybe get a few catchphrases or idioms that you say in english for fun and make sure let new viewers know that your native language is French.

Really, as long as you're having fun streaming, people will pick up on that energy. I would love to do a Twitch stream, but my internet blows and my current rig can't handle the stress (my main rig blew up almost a year ago and finding the funds to replace it has been next to impossible).

Guss De Blöd

Admiral
Donor
Jul 22, 2015
RSI Handle
gussdeblod
Thanks everyone for your kind words. that's really encouraging !

I already started streaming a week ago, just to see if would make my pc overheat and if I can maintain good framerate and quality with my connection, according to a friend the stream is nice and my computer don't care ( srsly my core temp isn't even that high, it goes higher when I encode videos)
I just didn't share the twitch link to anyone, I think here only Nkato saw it :D

But to find me on twitch is easy, I have the same nickname I always had "gussdeblod", so it's just :
Code:
http://www.twitch.tv/gussdeblod
(I'm forced to write it as code or the forum automatically embed my channel XD )

I just need 2 minor adjustment to my stream :
1/ I need to be able to tell when someone is following me, someone followed me the other day and was disapointed because I didn't notice, how do I notice!
2/ I need a small discreet overlay of the chat in the video, so people will know when I see their comments and can respond, I only had 3 people watching at the same time and it already was annoying for them. < Firuged that one out all by myself, OBS is amazing.

Someone on discord told me to talk to somebody, and I don't remember who he was and who he told me to talk to. Any help here ? XD

Last edited:

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
Thanks everyone for your kind words. that's really encouraging !

I already started streaming a week ago, just to see if would make my pc overheat and if I can maintain good framerate and quality with my connection, according to a friend the stream is nice and my computer don't care ( srsly my core temp isn't even that high, it goes higher when I encode videos)
I just didn't share the twitch link to anyone, I think here only Nkato saw it :D

But to find me on twitch is easy, I have the same nickname I always had "gussdeblod", so it's just :
Code:
http://www.twitch.tv/gussdeblod
(I'm forced to write it as code or the forum automatically embed my channel XD )

I just need 2 minor adjustment to my stream :
1/ I need to be able to tell when someone is following me, someone followed me the other day and was disapointed because I didn't notice, how do I notice!
2/ I need a small discreet overlay of the chat in the video, so people will know when I see their comments and can respond, I only had 3 people watching at the same time and it already was annoying for them. < Firuged that one out all by myself, OBS is amazing.

Someone on discord told me to talk to somebody, and I don't remember who he was and who he told me to talk to. Any help here ? XD
Nightrider and krystal for test overlay

Reactions: Guss De Blöd

Myre

Pit Crew
Staff member
Feb 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Myre
Awesome!
Now your journey begins! Get 500 followers to be a member of the official TEST Stream Team!

Toutes les langues!

Guss De Blöd

Admiral
Donor
Jul 22, 2015
RSI Handle
gussdeblod
Ok myre this website is wonderful, thanks a lot, a lot!
So I don't think I'll ever be an official test streamer, I don't think I'll ever hit 500 followers XD
not a problem tho, I just stream because it's fun !

Reactions: mromutt and Myre

Myre

Pit Crew
Staff member
Feb 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Myre
Ok myre this website is wonderful, thanks a lot, a lot!
So I don't think I'll ever be an official test streamer, I don't think I'll ever hit 500 followers XD
not a problem tho, I just stream because it's fun !
If you're not having fun then you're doing it wrong!

Guss De Blöd

Admiral
Donor
Jul 22, 2015
RSI Handle
gussdeblod
ok just a quick update : I've been streaming without really advertising myself for a month now.
And even when there's noone or only 1 person watching, I'm actually having a lot of fun. Today was particularely amazing and I'm getting more confident at speaking english even If I'm still not good at it. Thanks for encouraging me everyone, I shall continue now! =^w^=

I'm now into trying to configure a chat bot for 2 or 3 things, I choose moobot on Mzhartz advice. I'll see how it goes!

Guss De Blöd

Admiral
Donor
Jul 22, 2015
RSI Handle
gussdeblod
So, I'm surely getting boring now, sorry.
But I figured as I talked to you before starting, I'll share here.
I decided to continue streaming in a more " serious" and "scheduled" way. So I managed to configure my stream in a more "serious streamer" way.

I've hit 100 follower this sunday ( got 123 now) , I didn't think I'll ever hit 100 but it looks like some French likes me, I have regular people who turns up and some english talking people also often join. I'm pretty surprised when I see that sunday I had 30 people watching me derp in my stupid Mustang Alpha for 5 hours Oo

Then 10 came back after diner for some Kerbal, kind of made me happy, we talked played and had fun, didn't think it'd be that fun to stream.

My gf is also quite hooked, she streams Fallout4 once in a while, and she's enjoying it very much (
Code:
http://www.twitch.tv/nolannne
if you want to check her out ). Plus with the new settings ProgrammerSam told me to use, we can both stream at the same time.

anyway, this post waas just to thank all of you for saying that I should give it a try.

Guss De Blöd

Admiral
Donor
Jul 22, 2015
RSI Handle
gussdeblod
sorry triple post :
Stream going well, even got donations Oo
So I'm going to put these donations to a good use, I'm doing a giveaway of a 10$ gift card at 200 followers.
And a merlin later.

Should I start a new topic about it , or announce my future giveaways there ?

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
I'm glad to hear you're making progress! And there's nothing wrong with creating a new thread for announcing giveaways. Just don't spam too much and it'll be fine. :)

Guss De Blöd

Admiral
Donor
Jul 22, 2015
RSI Handle
gussdeblod
I'm glad to hear you're making progress! And there's nothing wrong with creating a new thread for announcing giveaways. Just don't spam too much and it'll be fine. :)
Thanks Captain !
So actually as it was going quite slow I did the 10$ giveaway at 150 followers, went really well, I'll give away a merlin @ 200 now ! I'll make a post when I'll be close to 200 ( 168 right now )

Forgot your password?