What new games are TESTies playing now?

Renshnard

Vice Admiral
Dec 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Renshnard
I have been looking for some new titles to add to my gaming library lately. Just wanted to know what you guys and gals have been playing and why I should give it a go. PC only please, it's all I got.

Thanks, and as always remember to drink responsibly unless your in an Aurora.

Willem Default

Space Marshal
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
WillemDefault
What kinds of games are you looking for?

Renshnard

Vice Admiral
Dec 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Renshnard
Anything really. Interested to see what you all have been playing lately. I have been playing SC, Dota2 and Pillars of Eternity lately and am looking to find some new games.

I was gonna get GTAV and still will but after being two years late, I will wait for it to go on sale. So instead I have come to you all for guidance. More than that I come to make sure my money or time goes to a game that does not end in soul crushing disappointment.

Willem Default

Space Marshal
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
WillemDefault
Well if you're into grand strategy then anything by Paradox; personally my favourite is Crusader Kings 2 and I've been playing a lot lately, but there's a lot of love for Hearts of Iron III and Europa Universalis IV from their fanbase. If you want something a little less taxing then Civ V if you don't already have it is great for taking up any free time you have, and then the free time you don't have too. I wouldn't bother with Beyond Earth, though. It's good, just not worth the price tag. In the same vein as these games, the Total War series is always good for time sinking, although Rome II is still probably best to avoid. Medieval II and Empire are my favourites, closely followed by Shogun 2.

I've also been playing a lot of Red Orchestra 2 (WWII Soviets vs. Germans shooter) multiplayer, which I always go back to. Personally I think it's the best WWII shooter out there. If you want something more tactical, then ArmA 3 is pretty damn good. If you want some with a little less realism, then Insurgency is a great multiplayer (think Counterstrike mixed with a bit of Battlefield). Sniper Elite V2 and Sniper Elite 3 are damn good fun if you're into WWII sneaky sneaky times. If you want frustrating sneaky sneaky times then an oldish but good game is Death To Spies. Some people hit and miss with it though, I personally really enjoy it, but I understand why others take issue.

If you haven't picked up Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor then do asap. In my view it's the best Middle-Earth based game by far. Satisfying combat, and it looks great too. If you want something more chilled, though, you can always flood a city or two by building dams in the wrong places in Cities: Skylines. It's seriously so much fun, I've been playing a shit ton recently. It's currently my go to game for when I just want something casual.

This is becoming an essay now so I'll stop there. Hope you don't (or maybe I hope you do) have those suggestions already!

Dortz

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 4, 2014
RSI Handle
Dortz
I went for GTA V on PC. Because even though it is two years old, I don't mind, because it is new for me, new release, and 4k 1st person view is going to be delicious.

Also eve. There is always eve.

halfsane

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2014
RSI Handle
halfsane
I just started Talos Principle.. pretty fun so far if you like portal style puzzle games, but without the humor.

I am starting GTA V this week also

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I just started and finished my first game of Sid Meier's Starships.

Pros: Very, very fun, simple but good tactical spaceship combat on a hex grid, with lots of upgrade and customization options. Also, games only take a few hours totals.

Cons: You're probably gonna play those games straight through, without even getting up to go to the toilet. Fortunately, I had a beer on hand when I started and rum within reach when that ran out.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
How did you get a beta key for KF2? I would very much like to get in on that craziness too.
They posted a bunch on Reddit, but they went in about 10 minutes flat. I wasn't lucky enough to get one :( but I am ready to instabuy once it hits early access on steam, all the videos I have seen of it look great.

Reactions: WhooptyWoo

glockjs

Space Marshal
Feb 26, 2015
RSI Handle
glockjs
haz 800 games on steam...goes back to league of legends...but! i've been dabbling in heroes of the storm

Spyro

Vice Admiral
Mar 10, 2015
RSI Handle
SteadyK
Depends on my mood! mostly when SC go Bananas!! i play BTF4 - Dying Light(lan party)-Warthunder

Forgot your password?