What non-military ship can carry a Nova Tank?

panzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 28, 2015
RSI Handle
panzer
I am called panzer, CIG created a (panzer) tank, I buy said tank... because that is the order of the universe.

But how will I ever move my tank? Those transporty/bomby military ship thingies really doesn't sync with my vibe. What is a space hippie to do? (don't worry about why a space hippie needs a tank. Top secret )

So I was thinking maybe a Drake Caterpillar or perhaps a Banu Merchantman?
But can they carry a Nova? Any of you wonderful TESTies know?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I am called panzer, CIG created a (panzer) tank, I buy said tank... because that is the order of the universe.
That makes sense to me that you would have to have that which is your name sake in space.

But how will I ever move my tank? Those transporty/bomby military ship thingies really doesn't sync with my vibe. What is a space hippie to do? (don't worry about why a space hippie needs a tank. Top secret )
The only ships that have been confirmed to actually be able to transport the Novas are the Idris versions & the Hercules Starlifters unfortunately.
(If it helps a space hippy feel better about those, they are shaped a bit like the head of a mushroom from certain viewing angles & I know that hippies love their psychedelics. ;p)

So I was thinking maybe a Drake Caterpillar or perhaps a Banu Merchantman?
Until they finish the flight ready designs on the BMM, there is no way of knowing if they will be able to do so.

But can they carry a Nova? Any of you wonderful TESTies know?
Luckily for you, we're in TEST Squadron. I'm sure that we'll end up trying to jam it into or carry it by duct tape with just about every ship in the verse that CIG can dream up for us.

I also purchased a Nova. If ever possible, I'd love to find a way to strip out it's main weapons system & implant that where my Terrapin has its scanning array. Then I'll have a flying little pain in the ass to properly introduce myself with while I TESTify. LoL

Reactions: panzer and Deroth

panzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 28, 2015
RSI Handle
panzer
Until they finish the flight ready designs on the BMM, there is no way of knowing if they will be able to do so.
Yeah... Hmm... I'll wait a bit then, before throwing more money at CIG. However, if it gets confirmed that a MM can carry a Nova then I'll buy one that very second! It is a quite cool and chill ship. Especially that big canon on top. It shoots huge explosive bullets of love; I'm sure of it ✌

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Only the Herculese confirmed from the smaller ships. None of the others have the height or the door size. Don't worry Panzer I can carry your Panzer tanks two at a time in my Hercules as I don't own my own Tonk!

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Only the Herculese confirmed from the smaller ships. None of the others have the height or the door size. Don't worry Panzer I can carry your Panzer tanks two at a time in my Hercules as I don't own my own Tonk!
As @BUTUZ said, Only the Hercules is confirmed to carry a Nova, the others like the Caterpillar, Starfarer, and Constellation do not have a tall enough opening. The Idris might be able to and it will be interesting to see how the ramp on the Carrack measures up.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
My guess is we'll see cargo pods that can take a Nova when the Hull C is released. People underestimate that bird often. Its a fun ship.

The BMM may fit a Nova. Given so many improvements in competing class ships like the Carrack, the BMM needs some bling.

Last edited:

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
I'm absolutely certain the Cutlass Black is the only ship you will need.

Yep, nevermind other ships, you don't need them.

DRAKE FOR LIFE!

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Just take this with a BIG pinch of salt as several pf the photos he posted showed ramps that were far too steep, bits of tank clipping through the ship, and he has singularly failed to factor in the angle and length of the main gun whilst ascending or descending the on ramp.

So basically, to correct him, Idris and Hercules are the only ships so far we KNOW can carry le tonk. Carrack and BMM could be interesting and entirely possible as they are both growing constantly.

Gucci

Space Marshal
Nov 17, 2015
RSI Handle
Ras-al-Ghul
Crucible and Herc would be the most straight forward at the moment with the given info/pics/guessing.
A few others if their compartments are big enough/grow a bit/adjusted ramps etc.

Time will tell, but I think they will have many ships you can carry 1 Nova with, a few you can carry 2 with and maybe one or two that you can carry 3+. Although I am sure the ships that may carry 3 or 3+ may not be the FASTEST/SAFEST deployers etc. For a dedicated Tonk hauler that will likely drop on/near hostile land, be safe and get a Herc. :)

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
I think the Hercules is the only civilian one we're sure of right now (as people have already mentioned).
There's definitely going to be a bunch of people in TEST willing to ferry you around - including myself, though i intend to melt the Idris at some point before release, so i'll only be able to while we're still in alpha. Given the rate of development, that should do you for the next 20 years, eh? :wink:

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
Someway, Somehow, We will fit on a Aurora.
That said, one might fit in a starfarrer.

Reactions: panzer
Forgot your password?