What the F1? (..and F2)

Starscribe

Grand Admiral
Dec 14, 2019
RSI Handle
Starscribe
My F1 and F2 keys have stopped working in game and steadfastly refuse to pull up the mobiglass. Looks to be a known bug for which there is no quick fix solution. Perhaps a rebind might work, thinking about it (but not to an F key, tried that).

Anyone come across this before? Asked for a character reset in any event - seems to be the universal panacea..

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
My F1 and F2 keys have stopped working in game and steadfastly refuse to pull up the mobiglass. Looks to be a known bug for which there is no quick fix solution. Perhaps a rebind might work, thinking about it (but not to an F key, tried that).

Anyone come across this before? Asked for a character reset in any event - seems to be the universal panacea..
I believe that is part of the known issues with the database server. They fixed the database, according to the patch notes, but couldn't fix the accounts.
Requires a character reset.

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
Next time go to the Character Customizer and change something (eye or hair colour as an example).
This often works. No guarentees.
-- This also fixes the invisible character bug for me --

btw - The wait time after a Character Reset is now 30 minutes. (this is necessary for the Reset to fully complete)

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I have had so many bugs this week I literally uninstalled the game and gave up, I had to reset 5 times, even when I managed to get in without a game breaking bug it wasn't long before a 30k ruined it. Unless CIG really improves and fixes these bugs I will be moving on to another beta I have been in.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I have had so many bugs this week I literally uninstalled the game and gave up, I had to reset 5 times, even when I managed to get in without a game breaking bug it wasn't long before a 30k ruined it. Unless CIG really improves and fixes these bugs I will be moving on to another beta I have been in.
I typically avoid free-fly's, for this reason. They are purposely stress-testing the servers, and with all the newer changes they are making to SSOCS and WTF, it is guarenteed to be a messy experience.

So, one or 2 weeks a year, I sit back and either retro-game or watch Twitch streams...and save my sanity, lol!

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane

I started having this same bug while playing the game earlier this morning. I tried multiple work-a-rounds, but it sounds like I'll have to reset my char yet again. *sighs*

Reactions: Phil and marcsand2

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I'll give that a try just before I head out to run errands to prevent myself from logging in before the reset is completed. LoL I'm looking forward to seeing how my Lancers & Beerfarer look with their new TESTified paint jobs. Paint them black & enjoy the yellow / gold accents. CIG clearly knows who butters their bread Org wise. LoL

Reactions: marcsand2

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Even the past few events I never had the issues I had during this one. This one was extremely bad and not just for me, many people complained.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane
Forgot your password?