What to do with my Gladius?

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Given your stated goals, I would want a Hoplite, a Sentinel BUK, and all the toys to outfit either for any specific task (which is just what I intend.) It will be very interesting to see if the Vanguard can fit an S1 and an S2 reactor. If it can, it will be a premium stealth bounty hunter. No matter what weapons, shields, etc. you choose, you should be able to attack with S3 and S4 missiles from outside detection range and immobilize your prey before they can see you.

Until we know more about the EM Warfare I would not presume you will ever need a pulse generator. Missiles and distortion guns should be enough.

Most important though, if you want to take bounties on the ground, I think you want a Hoplite. Half dozen troops is going to be a very handy thing.

If you intend to work as part of a larger team against the hardest bounties, which will likely be flying Polaris, I would suggest you consider the Razor EX. Bounty teams need scouts and the EX is the perfect bird to chase down leads. Stealth Recon rocks. The dash is too high, so you want to fly before you buy to be sure you like it.

I don't think anyone will need to move BUKs and modules. My guess is they'll magically appear at whatever port you're at, same as your cash does, but we will see.
I have a Sentinel with a Warden BUK. I have considered the Hoplite. I am waiting to see if there will be a combi-pack for my Sentinel, CIG has implied it is possible, now.
The dropship module for my Tali should accomplish the same general goal and with luck, will allow a set of stasis pods in the rear bay.
The Razor is an interesting idea, though the Ghost, Saber or Eclipse might be a better choice for the same mission. The Ghost and Saber filling the same role as thd Gladius, as well.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I have a Sentinel with a Warden BUK. I have considered the Hoplite. I am waiting to see if there will be a combi-pack for my Sentinel, CIG has implied it is possible, now.
The dropship module for my Tali should accomplish the same general goal and with luck, will allow a set of stasis pods in the rear bay.
The Razor is an interesting idea, though the Ghost, Saber or Eclipse might be a better choice for the same mission. The Ghost and Saber filling the same role as thd Gladius, as well.
Yeah that was my take on it to that Hoplite would be compatible with the other Vanguards.. "finally" sure hope so :D

🍻

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
The Razor is an interesting idea, though the Ghost, Saber or Eclipse might be a better choice for the same mission.
For Stealth Recon, you can't beat the Razor, IMHO. Recon efficiency, or scan volume over time; is a linear function of SCM, meaning, you can scan an area best by boosting to SCM, and disconnecting, then silently drifting. The Razor drifts at an extremely high speed, it is smaller and harder to spot than the Ghost or Sabre, and it actually does more burst DPS inside it's tiny combat envelope than either of them. I think it is often underestimated. And for recon, it is a great thing to be able to sprint away faster than your pursuers can catch you. Recon is not meant to engage, but to gather intel without notice, and the EX is great for this.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
^ are you flying with fixed? or using gimbals?

Bucc's do suck (ha!) but using the gimbaled S4 makes the job a lot easier. You should practice Pirate Swarm, and see (the real nimble pain's in the ass are the damn P-52's).

My current manuver now is to get my 4 laser cannons centered on the enemy ship, and let my gimbaled S4 weapon combine with them to shred the enemy ships.
The Revenant lives on my Avenger. As does the GT 220 from my Gladius and the stock GT220. I use the Avenger running Courier runs until I can afford a CF-557 (and now the laser repeaters).

Forgot your password?