What will we do on fleets while warping?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
What shall we do with the drunken TESTie?
Early in the morning?

Way hay and there she crashes
Early in the morning.

Put him inside an Aurora cockpit
Early in the morning.

Early in the morning.

Make him sign up to the Yellow Jackets
Early in the morning.

Early in the morning.

Have Seung give him a fancy title
Early in the morning.

Early in the morning.

Praise Montoya that he'll never be sober
Early in the morning.

Early in the morning.

Ask what we'll do from the Keg of Knowledge
Early in the morning.
Hahhaahahhaah, well done good Sir, well done.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
It is to my understanding that in the full game, it will take considerable time to warp between different points of interest. Potentially, upwards of several minutes of quantum travel will be needed. This time will not require much monitoring, we'll be flying in groups too large for normal threats to intercept. The only thing that could stop us from getting to our objective will be the enemy fleet we were hunting in the first place.

So... that leaves us with multiple minutes of basically idle travel time. We could chat, alt tab and watch youtube, check our social media, get another beer. OR, WE COULD SING SHANTIES!

Just imagine: dozens of drunken voices joining in song to pass the time. Great for bonding, team building, and generally just fun.

We could sing such drinking classics as the Rattlin Bog, example here:

There's also more classical sea shanties, such as:

Or, if we're feeling tongue in cheek, we could do Space Shanties:

Ofc these are just a few options. There are literally hundreds of songs we could use. How great would it be for TEST pirates to learn this classic by heart?

One of the largest things I'm worried about in this game is just what we'll do with idle time, ideas like this should hopefully help alleviate that boredom. Love to hear what ideas you all have to deal with that sort of thing.

Answered on a serious level: the "traveling phases", which are mentioned several times by CIG aka Chris Roberts and are said to be like 20 minutes or the like, are keeping me worried: yes, it perhaps is kind of realisitic. And within a MP session it could be fun, talking via Teamspeak or Spectrum, having beer, chit-chats and fun. But as a singleplayer? What will you do during a travel time of 20 minutes? Sitting in an Aurora LX or a 315P? Perhaps CIG will include a "speed up" routine, like if you are sitting in a single ship and climbing in your bed while QT, the traveling time will get into a fast forward. But doing that, how would that work in case of traveling with a fleet?
Questions, questions.
But anyway, I'm pretty sure that CIG already will think or better brood also about this *interesting* issue...challenge I meant, ha :D

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
Space shanty was my favorite,
but you guys forgot Disney song's which will inevitably happen when we run out of the regular shanties.
this will be a thing. Not an ironic thing, an actual thing. A few years back, TEST had this whole singalong thing that was one of the most fun things I've ever experienced. 30-40 grown men singing disney songs over voip. It was hilarious, it was glorious, and everybody was laughing their asses off.

Forgot your password?