What's your guy's opinion on the new citizencon ships?

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
The quality of thought in the Valkyrie design (and the Hammerhead as well) REALLY has me looking forward to my Carrack now - the Hammerhead 'feels' more like a real vessel than previous large ships to me (yes I know Aegis not Anvil), but the design language and layout of the Valkyrie is the most realistic small ship design, and also 'feels' right - gonna be great 6 months from now or 12 months, or 18 months......

'Gimp

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
The logic for fitting as much as possible in a small space, fits with how you imagine travel should work, more mass meaning more cost and shorter range. Its why I do not like the 600i the space isn't used for luxury just space. Now that very argument is why the Valkyrie should be able to carry cargo instead of a vehicle. I reckon the reason why not is balance, i.e. cargo allows carrying people for longer you need stores for that and this impacts the harbinger. Even so a limited cargo capacity would give the ship slightly more versatility.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Well its not that its like a Hercules because it can carry a vehicle it cannot carry cargo<<. The Carrack will be its own thing and lord alone knows how that will end up (probably to much FPS level sadly) when for the reasons of fuel use should be compact inside like the Valkyrie.

Forgot your password?