What's your ideal ship look like?

JBWill

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 11, 2014
RSI Handle
JBWill
My ideal ship is pretty much the Vanguard. Armed to the teeth, durable, long range, can be operated effectively solo but has room for a friend. Can't wait to fly mine.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
I want something like the saber but with anvil design, along with less stealth more gimbal dakka

Rainshine

Captain
Donor
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
RainingLight
My ideal ship is pretty much the Vanguard. Armed to the teeth, durable, long range, can be operated effectively solo but has room for a friend. Can't wait to fly mine.
Yeah, I'm following the same line of thinking. Hopefully it'll be in game before too long. Right now, I'm battling between Redeemer and Vanguard.

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
Curious what you all picture as the perfect ship. Obviously, everyone has their own concept. For me...

+2-3 Crewman (enough for companionship with other players, or NPCs...it'll get lonely all by myself!)
+Long Ranged (I would hate having to constantly refuel after single jumps and DEFINITELY need a jump drive.)
+Mostly pilot fired weaponry (preferably with a single strong gun + supporting weapons)
+Preferably not too maneuverable (odd request, I know, but I dislike the traditional dog fighting. I'd rather it be more along the lines of strafing runs with out all the namby pamby turning and twisting!)
+Modular, or rather, the ability to fit at least some cargo as necessary
+Living quarters

To my specs, I think the Vanguard or the Redeemer is the ship for me. I initially REALLY liked the Redeemer, but I can't way I'm too impressed with it since the Vanguard showed it's face. With the Vanguard, you get that guaranteed long range, plus some art shows the middle and aft sections able to be replaced, so there's modularity...

I don't know, I need to wait for either Redeemer variants or more info drops on it before I can reinvest in my love for it's design. Not to mention the Vanguard's art is SOOOO amazeballs. Almost as cool as the Sabre, but I just know the Sabre will not be a usable ship for my particular style.

What about you?

Original Macross/Transformers crossover AKA "JetFire"

Derkerter

Space Marshal
Feb 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Derkerter
Well my ideal ship is something that is very modular(jack of all master of none) that can use upgrade kits to swap things out as needed. Think of the Tech 3 ships in Eve Online. This ship's primary role would be to be a mix and match industrial. Mining equipment, salvage equipment, or repair equipment. None of these would be as good as their larger brothers that specialize but I'd like to see a small industrial.
This. But in 1 man, 2 man, and 4 man variants.

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
A souped up retaliator that can keep up with 1 or more squadrons of sabres as a command and control ship, bristling with BIG guns, stripped of all ground attack capabilities, but stuffed with torpedoes for capital ships, with dedicated E-war and communications suites. That should protect my ideal ship, the Freelancer, as it goes about its business of space truckin'.

Forgot your password?