Which ship is the best for scanning/finding resources on planet/asteroids?

Slo

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2015
RSI Handle
SLØ
I have a Prospector and Carrack but am wondering if Terrapin might be best for actually finding the resources to mine?

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
We don't really know but I imagine in a few years the Hornet Tracker could be modified for that function.

Possibly.

Reactions: Zookajoe

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Terrapin would be the best ready-built craft (I'd imagine) to cost effectively scout. The prospector is the better option if you want to do a few test drills to verify your finds. Crew=Cost & Stealth=Safety (I'll bet a mining laser is pretty 'loud')

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
I have a Prospector and Carrack but am wondering if Terrapin might be best for actually finding the resources to mine?
For Resources, I would feel the Prospector would be the best. The Carrack is more a general exploration vehicle that does good job at everything, but not an excellent job at one thing. The Terrapin is designed more as a scouting vehicle than a resource probe.

The two resource specific ships, at the moment, are the Prospector and the Orion. I feel the Prospector would be great at forging ahead of an Orion and pick out resource rich asteroids, possibly even supply core samples.

Just my thoughts.

Reactions: Han Burgundy

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Which ship is best is going to depend on how the game mechanic is implemented, and how you play SC. My bet is on the Prospector at the moment, but it's just a guess. Prospector is a complete one man mining operation. But, in space, nobody can hear you scream. They shouldn't be able to hear the mining laser either. Or quite honestly about 3/4 of what we can currently hear.

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
Which ship is best is going to depend on how the game mechanic is implemented, and how you play SC. My bet is on the Prospector at the moment, but it's just a guess. Prospector is a complete one man mining operation. But, in space, nobody can hear you scream. They shouldn't be able to hear the mining laser either. Or quite honestly about 3/4 of what we can currently hear.
I think he meant "Loud" as in its IR and Electromagnetic signature. That big ole honkin' mining laser
is gonna rank high on those.

Reactions: Han Burgundy
Forgot your password?