Which ship?

Auran

Space Marshal
Nov 19, 2017
RSI Handle
TEST-Kami
My fleet consists of an Endeavour hope, a Hammerhead and a Super Hornet, I still have around $400 credit in my account and was wondering which ship you guys would recommend. I'm sort of waiting for the rest of the sale release but I'm considering either a 600i touring or a Connie Phoenix. I'm going to CCU a P72 Archimedes to get LTI on whatever I buy. So which of those 2 (or something else) would you recommend?

Auran

Space Marshal
Nov 19, 2017
RSI Handle
TEST-Kami
That is a really hard question if you ask me... There are so many wonderful ships out there.

It depends on what type of gameplay you want to take part in...
its awful, so many pretties so little cash

Gotta have a money maker to maintain all those ships so I would go for a Starfarer. Can also fuel your own ships cheap then
I was rather hoping the hope was going to be an earner, damnit that's going to throw a spanner into the works, something else to consider..

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
Well, if I were faced with that choice, it would be two ships. You have plenty of multiplayer options with the Endeavor and the Hammerhead. The Endeavor can be turned into quite a few different options on top of that with it's modularity. So I would go for smaller group play and some solo money making. It's $15 over your $400 price tag, but I feel it's worth it.

I would go with the Aquilla and a Prospector. The Aquilla should be a good choice for a small group. It has a long range, should be able to haul some cargo, and comes with a snub fighter and Ursa rover. It is fairly multipurpose and should be good if you only want to bomb around with a couple friends. The rover will also be handy to have when 3.0 is out. The Prospector should also offer some solid mindless UEE grinding. Zone out, make a few mining runs, and you should (hopefully) be able to make good income without too much effort.

Either that, or go with Bigtimes' suggestion and get a Starfarer. Personally though, I would go with strengthening your solo game. Nobody wants to hang out with us hooligans 100% of the time. Some times, you just want to zone out, farm UEE, and watch Grandma's Boy for the millionth time...

Kenlee

Space Marshal
Apr 30, 2017
RSI Handle
Kenlee
My fleet consists of an Endeavour hope, a Hammerhead and a Super Hornet, I still have around $400 credit in my account and was wondering which ship you guys would recommend. I'm sort of waiting for the rest of the sale release but I'm considering either a 600i touring or a Connie Phoenix. I'm going to CCU a P72 Archimedes to get LTI on whatever I buy. So which of those 2 (or something else) would you recommend?
Seems like you are settled combat-wise. Combined with your Endeavour it's a nice lineup. It all comes down to personal preference, but you could look at an industrial ship to generate some cash flow. Starfarer, Caterpillar, BMM, Reclaimer or Carrack if you just want one extra (big ship) or maybe go for a combo of a prospector and a Constellation/Caterpillar. It does seem like you are keen on getting something shiny and luxurious.

If that's the case and it's a cointoss between Phoenix or 600i, I would take the 600i without a doubt. The cockpit on that ship is so sexy, it's going to be a real treat flying around in that.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
From your ships the hornet should be good for missions but has very little (no) cargo carrying so only some missions. So maybe a cutlass black as a general dogs body ship. Failing that with what the ships we currently have I would want something to grind credits from nothing, so either a hauler (I think this is the least popular option for a reason),the Orion/prospector or a reclaimer. Note someone has already recommended the fuel option.

Since you will be able to buy ships in game I would focus on something to play now and something you wont be able to buy easily. Exploration after combat is the most widely sold ships area and therefore likely to have the most fleshed out content but also possibly competition.

I totally believe you should only own ships you like so make your own shortlist!

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
I was looking as something shiney and luxurious but now I'm considering the cashflow suggestions.

Other than pure wank factor what purpose do luxury ships serve?
I'd bet certain fancy pants NPCs will require their big spender transport missions for fancy pants luxury ships. But, other than that, can anyone really put a price on wank factor?

Just to throw another option into your tough decision, have you considered Cutlass Red? Guessing you're inclined towards playing space doctor, with the Hope and the caduceus, and also guessing rescue missions will be a viable money maker in game. Not just TEST Squardon that crashes, you know. Cutty Red, if it can't be done solo, will surely have lower crewing costs than the Hope. Also, isn't the Hope suppose to have a hangar that can carry the Red? If so, you'd already have an ambulance ready to go when you get a hospital team up and running.

Would leave you some credit to play with for other boats, and Red might be increasing in price down the road (just rumors, as far as I know). The fleet decisions never end...

Auran

Space Marshal
Nov 19, 2017
RSI Handle
TEST-Kami
Since you will be able to buy ships in game I would focus on something to play now and something you wont be able to buy easily.
Yeah I'm thinking of buying the big ships now and waiting till in-game to get the smaller ships

Not just TEST Squardon that crashes, you know
Considering the copious quantities of beer consumed by 15000 Testies hourly, I think it will be a full time job rescuing our pilots.

*Edit* maybe a crucible to repair all those fender benders

Last edited:

eaglemmoomin

Space Marshal
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
eaglemmoomin
I did this prospector for solo mining. Aquilia for cargo/exploring where I need transport.

I think a terrapin is a good addition to that as well so you can find mining locations and locations to explore. Then come back with the prospector or Aquilia.

Also I'm thinking the aquilia in theory can be turned back into an andromeda by fitting the turrets and missile arms back on (I hope).

I also got a cutlass and nox (might change this to dragonfly though) for 'cheap' disposable solo general play with some land roving capability.

Last edited:

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Just to throw another option into your tough decision, have you considered Cutlass Red? Guessing you're inclined towards playing space doctor, with the Hope and the caduceus, and also guessing rescue missions will be a viable money maker in game. Not just TEST Squardon that crashes, you know. Cutty Red, if it can't be done solo, will surely have lower crewing costs than the Hope. Also, isn't the Hope suppose to have a hangar that can carry the Red? If so, you'd already have an ambulance ready to go when you get a hospital team up and running.
I was also going to suggest a Cutlass Red, since you're into medical. For $400, it's either a Red + a Constellation Aquila (which is pretty much medium crew, general purpose, and might work as a money maker) or a 600i if you want to get fancy. The 600i seems to be pretty useless, but it sure looks good.
If you haven't decided on your final fleet yet, maybe get a Constellation, an Ursa and a Dragonfly to use in 3.0 and melt them later for whatever else you'll settle on.

BlackWolff

Commander
Jul 17, 2017
RSI Handle
BlackWolff
So you have one big money maker, one small combat ship, and one large combat ship. I would probably balance it out with a money maker. Maybe a mining ship. But it really depends on how you feel about your fleet.

Do you feel like the Endevor will bring in enough credits? If so, then I would go for something else, perhaps a luxury ship for your down time.

Of course, if you ebjoy exploring them you need to explore those options.

BluePilote

Space Marshal
Jun 25, 2017
RSI Handle
BluePilote
That is a really hard question if you ask me... There are so many wonderful ships out there.

It depends on what type of gameplay you want to take part in...
Couldn’t say better

BlackWolff

Commander
Jul 17, 2017
RSI Handle
BlackWolff
I have an i as for you. Since you have a Hope which focuses on saving people's asses after they fucked up, what do they do right after they pay for their medical bills??? Well, I would think that they would go and fix up their ships. That's why most of them would dock or spawn in your ship after all. So I would rent out a crew and park a Crucible right by your Hope. It could be your mini self sustaining fleet. This way you are capitalizing twice on your lovely visitors and are able to maintain your other ships with the extra income.

BlackWolff

Commander
Jul 17, 2017
RSI Handle
BlackWolff
I'd bet certain fancy pants NPCs will require their big spender transport missions for fancy pants luxury ships. But, other than that, can anyone really put a price on wank factor?

Would leave you some credit to play with for other boats, and Red might be increasing in price down the road (just rumors, as far as I know). The fleet decisions never end...
I put a price on dank factor but I am weird. I have days when in game I don't want to do the usual grind or completing missions, so in SC that's when I would take out my luxury ship for a getaway.

Also, I feel like having a red would be redundant.

Forgot your password?