Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
Hello all!

/u/zedie here.

ehmm... that is all...

OH I have at the moment:
- Aegis Avenger (because it looks super awesome!)
- Origin 350R (because SPEED and has more "comfort" vs the M50)
- Anvil F7C-S Hornet Ghost (because it's black!)

I seem to understand there's an abundance or fascination with Auroras for Testers(?)
I may get myself one in the game!

See you all in the 'verse!

Reactions: Egriz

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
Why the Head on collition not added?

Or maybe this saturday for our SSS? Forum Link or Reddit link

But anyways welcome to Test. Good to have you here.
Thanks!! Usually on Saturdays I go home to my parents' so depends on when (day wise) I'll usually only know a few hours before =(

As for Head-On Collision... haven't thought of that! (if it were WarThunder it'd make sense)

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
I seem to understand there's an abundance or fascination with Auroras for Testers(?)
I may get myself one in the game!
Anything's good, as long as it has speakers and holo-projectors for Joe Cool's in-space propaganda strikes.

We don't shoot bullets, we shoot links.

Reactions: JoeCool4433

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
I just realized I didn't answer the questions... at least some of them, and not in the Q&A format...

well here they are!:
Where you from stranger?
Montreal, Quebec, Canada

What drew you to Star Citizen?
Mainly, space, ships, sci-fi, flying, etc. I'm a huge car nut, and planes... and space, technology, future, etc.

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)
A bit of everything I guess, don't really have a goal/objective, although I try to avoid the PvP in most games, I don't mind the occasional rage quit... I DO play online PvP games however, like War Thunder... just not my favourite genre, and I easily rage quit when the matches are always against me... (I also played some Battlefield 3, but how long I stay depends on how well I play... If I spawn, and die, spawn and die, without getting much kills, I quit...)

What was the first game you remember playing?
Super Mario on NES... it was a new thing back in China when I was ~5 and I was so fascinated... when moved to Japan, I bought a Famicom of my own, but don't really remember what games I had... some really crappy ones... I did go to my friends' houses to play Super-Famicom (Japanese SNES) and played a lot of Bomberman and Street Fighter II, and some other stuff... Once I got to Canada I remember getting into PC games, with C&C Red Alert, Need For Speed III, and MANY MANY MANY other games since...

What other games do you play?
As of this moment, War Thunder, GT6, GRID2, The Last of Us, SWTOR, X-Rebirth, and whatever else that pops up into my mind, or feel like trying out (like Hawken yesterday). I also want to go back to replaying Mass Effect series but can't really find the time to sit down and concentrate on that 1 game alone recently =( I've not had the chance to play ANY of the DLCs for ME3 because I lost my save and I refuse to simply start a "fresh game" without a previous "perfect" save...

Picard or Kirk?
ehhhh... I'm not much of a Trekkie to be honest... but I'll go with Kirk, because William Shatner's actually from Montreal! ... of course, I have all the respect in the world for Patrick Stewart

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
How's X-Rebirth? I've heard a lot of bad things about it, but I've been dying for a spiritual successor to X3.
I haven't really played since the latest 2 major patches (that fixed a lot of things)
I really played it in its early stages with all the glitches and bugs... (yeah I'm persistent and patient like that)
A lot of save editing and modding were required for me to reach the end of the campaign, and really, there was 1 major part that really stumps most people, and other than that the game has a really good atmosphere, and I did enjoy it for that.

If you really can overlook the "short"falls of glitches and bugs that may still exist, and really like the universe, you can give it a go, but my best guess is to still wait for a few more patches.

Some others don't like the game at all besides the bug/glitch, but more the change in mechanics... I don't like the station walking and talking to people part because it's really badly done, but thanks to mods, I can easily avoid that unless it's necessary, but thankfully it's only 3-4 times throughout the campaign.

Combat's also quite easy but mods...
there's quite a lot of selection on the Nexus

I'd go back and play through the campaign again, if I didn't have all the other games to play...

Reactions: Walex

CipherUltima

Rear Admiral
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
CipherUltima
That's what I was hoping to hear. With X3's modding community being the way it was, I should have figured something similar would happen with X:R. Still not sure if I'm sold on only having the one ship to play with, but I may give it a go if it goes on sale. Thanks!

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
- Aegis Avenger (because it looks super awesome!)
- Origin 350R (because SPEED and has more "comfort" vs the M50)
- Anvil F7C-S Hornet Ghost (because it's black!)
I also concur! Excellent ship choices! I've not seen the inside of an Avenger? Perhaps you could share some hangar screenshots of your beauties? :D

Those ship choices also make me think you're a fan of hit and run attacks?

Here's how it might play out.
[We open to a sole frigate approaching an asteroid field. The ship appears to be laden with valuable cargo and cautious about avoiding other ships to make its delivery]

Hapless Merchants: "Wow, we have all this valuable cargo in a slow moving ship. It's a good thing our route is secret or someone might try to steal out booty!"

zeddie: "Surprise, Motherfuckas!"

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
I also concur! Excellent ship choices! I've not seen the inside of an Avenger? Perhaps you could share some hangar screenshots of your beauties? :D
not at home at the moment, so can't take them myself, but they released this awesome "updated Avenger" trailer during the live stream before the super sale (I already had it then so I was even more excited)

I'm not sure if I'm a "fan" of hit and run yet... but at least I found myself doing Boom and Zoom more effectively at War Thunder than turn fighting... may also be because of the "modified physics" in Arcade Battles... when in Realistic, I always fly bombers or heavy attackers... (I die too fast on a fighter)

Reactions: BluChew and Walex

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
not at home at the moment, so can't take them myself, but they released this awesome "updated Avenger" trailer during the live stream before the super sale (I already had it then so I was even more excited)

I'm not sure if I'm a "fan" of hit and run yet... but at least I found myself doing Boom and Zoom more effectively at War Thunder than turn fighting... may also be because of the "modified physics" in Arcade Battles... when in Realistic, I always fly bombers or heavy attackers... (I die too fast on a fighter)
Thanks for linking that! That trailer is sick! I definitely think that is going to be really fun to fly. I might also have to try out WarThunder. It's been a while since I did any virtual dogfighting!

D

DominationAgenda

Another Mass Effect fan, YES!

On topic: Ye, that looks really impressive. Can't wait for the cutscenes in Squadron 42 or in the actual Multiplayer

Forgot your password?