Will the sandworm ever make it into the game?

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
hmm as much as I like to see those thing I assume CIG realize there could be some IP property problem someware in thare...
So while spacewhale area an original design and so pose no problem THAT design of a sand worrm is unlikely to be ever implemented, may be with a different shape and aspect but then it won't be a san worm as anybody immagine it.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
With the hull D or E, you will need to chop it up first, not take one whole.

that said, the sand worm will not make it in as it’s displayed. Way to similar to another Sci-fi universe. The wampa like snow creature is different as both can be traced to Snow Yeti’s or abominable snowmen.
that said, before we can have fauna roaming about, they need to have the overhead to run those creatures, that means things like dynamic server meshing. Once that comes in, I suspect we will start seeing improvements to the NPCs and how they act.

I love the fact that CR made the worlds real and not part of a hero zone, but by doing so, he made the inclusion of active AI a much harder prospect, one that is almost impossible without a allowing the use of dynamic server meshing, allowing players to be in the world and apart of the whole verse, but still be in a simulation that has enough overhead to make NPCs effective. Once that happens, say goodbye to soloing certain missions because the AI can’t keep up.

Forgot your password?