Winter (and other) sports?

Harkuno

Sticker King
May 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkuno
I was waxing my snowboard over the weekend and I got to thinking: Are there any TESTies who also like winter sports, or any other sports in general?

As you might have guessed, I like to snowboard when I can. I've only been out to the real slopes once, so I usually just go to the Indoor slope at Milton Keynes or Hemel Hempstead (they're both about the same distance from where I live).

Looking forward to hearing your favorite sports!

Willem Default

Space Marshal
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
WillemDefault
I've been running since I was a kid, been a competitive middle-long distance athlete for over 11 years. Have run for my hometown's club, my county (think state as rough equivalent if you're in the US), and for my university (was Cross-Country Captain in my final year of undergrad).

If anyone else in TEST is a fellow runner, we could compare times.

Willem Default

Space Marshal
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
WillemDefault
running is an escape mechanism not a sport
To be fair, whenever anyone asks me about running I always tell them "Don't do running, it's bad for you." I'm only in my 20s but I have the knees of a 40 year old labourer.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I was polishing my knob over the weekend and I got to thinking: Are there any TESTies who also like indoor sports, or any other sports in general?

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I was polishing my knob over the weekend and I got to thinking: Are there any TESTies who also like indoor sports, or any other sports in general?
Beer Curls.

Reactions: maynard

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
snowboarder here
i go every year around christmas (this yeahr it will be in february for two weeks) into the mountains. there are no big indoor slopes here in germany so its cooler that way plus i go sometimes off-piste its mad fun to ride in fresh snow :D

Harkuno

Sticker King
May 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkuno
snowboarder here
i go every year around christmas (this yeahr it will be in february for two weeks) into the mountains. there are no big indoor slopes here in germany so its cooler that way plus i go sometimes of piste its mad fun to ride in fresh snow :D
completely jealous right now :D

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz
Does dancing count as a sport? It's definitely a work out. I'm a belly dancer, learning flamenco, and may possibly be learning hula. Also working with poi.

One of my troupes, Different Drummer Belly Dancers, dances at Gen Con every year. We dance outside the vendor room twice a day Thursday, Friday, and Sunday, and onstage before the costume contest on Saturday.

Harkuno

Sticker King
May 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkuno
Does dancing count as a sport? It's definitely a work out. I'm a belly dancer, learning flamenco, and may possibly be learning hula. Also working with poi.

One of my troupes, Different Drummer Belly Dancers, dances at Gen Con every year. We dance outside the vendor room twice a day Thursday, Friday, and Sunday, and onstage before the costume contest on Saturday.
I think it does, as you have dancing competitions, and the basis of all sport is competition! :)
wish i could dance, i'm worse than my dad :(

Last edited:

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
what kind of board do you have?

Last edited:

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
yeah have my own but its at a friend's cus i drove over a rock in the deep snow and put a huge scratch in the base :mad:
he's got all the repairstuff XD so i can only show u some older pics :)
its a salomon pulse from the season of 2013 i think. i'm also riding it goofy style :D
its a directional twin and a quite flat chamber
it's designed to prety much ride anywhere but isn't build to race

maybe i should change my stomp pad to studs too XD

edit: it's from the season 11/12

Attachments

Reactions: Harkuno

Harkuno

Sticker King
May 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkuno
yeah have my own but its at a friend's cus i drove over a rock in the deep snow and put a huge scratch in the base :mad:
he's got all the repairstuff XD so i can only show u some older pics :)
its a salomon pulse from the season of 2013 i think. i'm also riding it goofy style :D
its a directional twin and a quite flat chamber
it's designed to prety much ride anywhere but isn't build to race

maybe i should change my stomp pad to studs too XD

edit: it's from the season 11/12
Nice :)

Wouldn't reccomend the studs as a stomp pad, a rubber (or similar one) gives better grip underfoot. I find that I can quite easily slide off the studs. I will admit that I prefer the look of them, though! :D

Reactions: rogesh
Forgot your password?