Wormholes Suck (literally) or out of the frying pan and into the. . .

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
IF that was actually performed live, instead of performed a recording while those on stage acted like it was live, then I'm going to guess that she'd had a few runs with that in advance. Which might explain CR knowing that the ship might end up effectively lost in space between the 2 systems, damaged or destroyed if you collide with the wormhole walls.

Reactions: Bambooza

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
IF that was actually performed live, instead of performed a recording while those on stage acted like it was live, then I'm going to guess that she'd had a few runs with that in advance. Which might explain CR knowing that the ship might end up effectively lost in space between the 2 systems, damaged or destroyed if you collide with the wormhole walls.
When was this citcon, 5 years ago?

Looking at citcon demos before that, I'd like to believe it was real time real gameplay. I don't think there was a chance of actually crashing into the walls though, looking at the mouse pip and the direction the ship was going, it felt like the player could only control the flight to some small degree while the ship strictly followed a path. Some games do that kind of mechanic and it really annoys me. It's anything but fun.

Anyways, I remember being disgusted by that animation. The pulsing of the wormhole being like a literal worm. The same motion your intestines make and ship is the turd inside... I'm sure they have reworked it by now to be something way more pleasant looking. Calm on the crusader end and a more rough experience on the Pyro end, just like they have shown with the jump points in a recent video.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
When was this citcon, 5 years ago?

Looking at citcon demos before that, I'd like to believe it was real time real gameplay. I don't think there was a chance of actually crashing into the walls though, looking at the mouse pip and the direction the ship was going, it felt like the player could only control the flight to some small degree while the ship strictly followed a path. Some games do that kind of mechanic and it really annoys me. It's anything but fun.

Anyways, I remember being disgusted by that animation. The pulsing of the wormhole being like a literal worm. The same motion your intestines make and ship is the turd inside... I'm sure they have reworked it by now to be something way more pleasant looking. Calm on the crusader end and a more rough experience on the Pyro end, just like they have shown with the jump points in a recent video.
And to think they reworked jump points.

View: https://youtu.be/kZWT4aNY6lU?t=168

1638891972640.png

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Thanks for the vid! I had not seen that before.

Does anyone know when we expect Pyro in the PU? Part of it was scheduled for this quarter and the rest for next, so I don't understand what is what.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Thanks for the vid! I had not seen that before.

Does anyone know when we expect Pyro in the PU? Part of it was scheduled for this quarter and the rest for next, so I don't understand what is what.

Content/building of Pyro does not really affect when we will see it, as enough of it is done already. See for yourself if you somehow missed this:
Actual gameplay footage starts around 1 hour mark I think

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZWT4aNY6lU

Earliest estimate is Q3-Q4 End of 2022. Pyro is tied to server meshing at least partially coming online and that's the earliest date we were given for that.
Source is CIG QnA on Server Meshing . Answer at 2:00

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q09EfQOy_aY

There is another source confirming this (I think maybe even Jared said it?) in one of the later weekly CIG videos, but I can't find it at the moment.

Personally I don't expect Pyro to make it into 2022, based on the interview segments and QnA about it.
I think Q2 of 2023 is more realistic given how far behind they still are with server meshing, streaming and database handling.
And ppl still wonder why this years CitCon felt like a letdown...

• Glorious
Reactions: Talonsbane
Forgot your password?