DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
The timing of this is about the dumbest decision I have seen from CIG
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/alpha-3-12-insurance-timer-and-price-changes-1

I do not agree with it and think it could use some more attention.

This is along the same lines as the problem with the decision here back in August.
https://testsquadron.com/threads/player-economy-3-10-player-time-roi.17802/

It is as if they do not want the average gamer with limited time playing this alpha.

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
Yup agree. Most reclaims are due to bugs, not to simply get their ship refueled and repair for free.
I self destruct on a regular basis when I want to go back to port, saves me time :p
And I can't see this stopping me from continuing to do so.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/alpha-3-12-insurance-timer-and-price-changes-1

This is along the same lines as the problem with the decision here back in August.

It is as if they do not want the average gamer with limited time playing this alpha.

Maybe this is supposed to balance the real insurance within the game longterm and they are experimenting.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
You experiment when Rearm/Refuel/Repair is working 95+ percent of the time. You do it when landing at a pad works and is recognized 95 percent of the time. You do it when 30k errors, falling through planets, random ejections from ships, ships disappearing on you from quantum, etc have been eliminated.

I can maybe see increasing things to a 10 minute minimum for most ships, but 30m for a prospector? When repair/refuel/rearm doesn't work, when about 1/3 of the time you can't even sell your ores because the ship is not considered "landed"? When you land and the only option you have is "claim" not store?

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik

Now that's just bloody stupid!
Claiming ships is currently a necessity, cos 9 times out of 10 the on pad repairs and refueling doesn't work! Hell, even just spawning a ship can break it and you can't do shit but to claim it and hope that fixes it!
Or are they meaning to say that all of the above is now fixed, along with ships and player sessions persisting a 100% of the time so we can load back onto our ship after their servers crashed?
Cos I highly doubt this is the case.
This won't end well CiG, stupid move. Really stupid.

Sayora

Grand Admiral
Donor
Oct 23, 2018
RSI Handle
Sayora
This is just a really dumb mistake, I get that CIG wants to see how people change their playstyles, but the current play is nothing like it's going to be, so reactions to 3 to 4 hour or 20 to 40k claims are mostly going to be rage quits! CIG isn't gonna get good info this way, it's a garbage in/garbage out situation. And wasting everyone's time, quiet literally

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
I'm not used to smpatize with the comunity's drama since usually ther feel to me like baby crying, but this time I agree with the all the oother player: the reason and even the settings CIG is implementing for reclaiming ship feel right, but at this time with all the ship lost do to game crashes, QT ejecting the player from ship, error in storing and retriving, and random ship explosion and Refuel&Rearm services not working 90% of the time, this is a quite stupid dectision.
Yeah, small ship will be cheeaper and faster to retrive but larger one will be waaaay more bothersome to do: I'll expect that all the player that usually run cargo mission will totally stop doing that at the first ship lost: not only they'll loose theyr Caterpillar with all the cargo, but also need to wait for x hours for having the ship back?? No way...
And I'm not even considering org's events where you'll need to retrive ship quickly do to a crash or a QT going wrong...

I was thinking that the MSR given to the streamers befor then the actuall owner was a terrible move, but at least it was a momentary shit, this is on a way highter lever...

Tei

Captain
Dec 8, 2019
RSI Handle
TeiwazWolf
Indeed this is some stupid decision by business people who never played this game.

Here is my solution, feel free to upvote if you agree:

PeppaPigKilla

Admiral
Sep 15, 2019
RSI Handle
PeppaPigKilla
Indeed this is some stupid decision by business people who never played this game.

Here is my solution, feel free to upvote if you agree:
The problem is though that people have to claim because the refill of ammo and fuel doesn't work the majority of the time, your solution relies on it happening all the time. ( unless the option to refill was also in terminal and actually worked )

Tei

Captain
Dec 8, 2019
RSI Handle
TeiwazWolf
The problem is though that people have to claim because the refill of ammo and fuel doesn't work the majority of the time, your solution relies on it happening all the time. ( unless the option to refill was also in terminal and actually worked )
I guess they have to fix it at some point so they should not make changes until it's fixed.

Forgot your password?