Would you rather.....?

NapalmX

Space Marshal
May 16, 2014
RSI Handle
UpUrShaft
We've seen plenty of impressive examples of re-worked ships recently. This question is for all the people who have melted ships because they fell short in some aspect (the ship design, not the backer).
When the Cutlass and the 300 series get their face-lifts and tummy-tucks, will you consider an unmelt or are you done with it and moved on?
Are you stuck on the unimpressive ship stats before the update, or will nostalgia win?

Reactions: supitza

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I am not too patiently awaiting the re-work of my Aurora LN and 315P

They better get rid of that stupid bed in the LN and make a decent cargo door on the 315P.
Or else!
What I don't know as I can never part with my lovely 315P.
As for the LN, I shall see.
I selfishly melted my Aurora to upgrade another ship, knowing that I could re-buy the package...
I can't re-buy the package. It was a special offer one. :(
Now I'll have to settle for a normal Aurora.

Reactions: Rolo and supitza

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I might get both once they're reworked.
The 315P was the first ship I upgraded to from my Aurora. CCU'd it to Freelancer>DUR>Tracker>Taurus>Scout>Starfarer. Still miss it, though.
The Cutlass I'm considering buying right now, broken as it is, because it's beautiful. You handsome Cutlass, you. BE MINE!

Reactions: Rolo and Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
The Cutlass I'm considering buying right now, broken as it is, because it's beautiful. You handsome Cutlass, you. BE MINE!
This is how I feel about it too, months after gifting my Blue to my brother. Haha. Oh well, I'll require another.

Reactions: Rolo

NapalmX

Space Marshal
May 16, 2014
RSI Handle
UpUrShaft
I wasn't aware of an Aurora remodel. Hope they don't change too much on the LN.
The 300 series was the first commercial we saw from CIG and I fell for the 315P. Just, the interior still disappoints. Single play wise it's the explorer I will probably end up with.
The Cutlass may have disappointed some but I still love the look of her. It now depends on where they'll place the docking ring.

Reactions: Rolo and Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I'll be buying an Aurora again, that's a certainty. Probably the LN. I did have an LX, but I think that tough little legionnaire really suits my personality, rather than the leather seats, luxury model.

Reactions: Rolo

Rolo

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 22, 2016
RSI Handle
RoloKipp
As I've hinted before, I don't buy ships for how they are performing now. I have three accounts with different play-styles to satisfy and I buy the ship for the role-concept and (mostly) have faith they'll get there by release.

I made a plan and have (mostly... sometimes... ok, vaguely) stuck to it.

My two biggest disappointments have been the speed of the Avenger (I'm hanging in there!) and the remodel that left the Scout without a second seat. As that was my wife's little red touring sportship, and she expects me to fly, that was a deal breaker. Lucky for me, I'd been jealous of the Mako and now had a reason to modify my plans.

I won't be un-melting the Scout, regardless of "tweaks" to performance or non-existant nostalgia.

As for the Aurora and 300 series specifically, I CCU'd the boring ones and kept the ones I wanted - LX, LN, CL, 315p and 350r.
They all have names so I *can't* sell them :-P
They're family.

Forgot your password?