Wrote a letter to my senator about the bullshit in games, I.E. Gambling in nba 2k20

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos

Dear Mr. Hohos

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding the Protecting Children from Abusive Games Act. I appreciate hearing from you.
As you know, on May 8, 2019, Senator Josh Hawley (R-MO) announced his intention to introduce the Protecting Children from Abusive Games Act. As of yet, he has not introduced this legislation in the Senate.
If enacted, this legislation would require new consumer protections on games that are targeted to people under the age of 18. Games which are determined to be targeted or likely to be used by those under 18 would prohibit certain forms of digital design. The rules would be enforced by the Federal Trade Commission as a form of unfair trade practices. These digital designs would include microtransactions which offer randomized rewards and pay-to-win systems which encourage or require payment to complete a game.
We must be mindful of how best to protect children when they use technology. It is important that parents stay informed about the games their children are playing, and how these games may target children to make money.
I will review this bill upon its introduction. If this issue comes before the full Senate, I will keep your views in mind.
Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me again about other important issues.

Sincerely,
Thom Tillis
U.S. Senator

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
To add more fuel to this fire, I believe 2k owner? or something super high up is on the ESRB ratings board...
Wel done on the mail! Ppl who want change need to voice their problems to those who can change things, too many just ignore this and wait for others to do it.

Yep esrb is run by the higher ups from big game companies. Not much hope there, they'll just find a way to skirt around the issue of "surprise mechanics" .
View: https://youtu.be/QMcrya0Tvuk

Reactions: Bambooza and Scape

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
It's gambling in every sense of the word, and they are just using semantics to skirt the issue. Kinda like when you play pachinko in Japan. Sure you can't trade your winnings in for direct cash, but for some reason there is a store just across the street that buys all the collectables you just won for top dollar and it doesn't seem to matter how many chibi-goku's you just traded in, they are all worth the same.

Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?