WTB BMM CCU

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I don't have a BMM, but I am also looking for a CCU though not in a hurry for it right now - the BMM is not in the game yet. What I suggest is not upgrading your only ship if you only have one and you can fly it alone. I mean like I said, the BMM isn't even in the game yet so you'd end up with a CIG loaner which isn't always fun, and if it's not you have no choice. What I do suggest though is that you can buy a ship for under 100 that has LTI. Or 10 year insurance but LTI is preferable. Then you can upgrade that kind of step at a time. This allows you to apply discounts from upgrades and eventually CCU's.
There are two things that will really help.
  • First, the sellers would need to know the starting point, like what ship to you want to upgrade.
  • Second, and this is kind of a generalization and not a set in stone rule, but most sellers will want you to be in TEST for 3 months. It's just so they get to know you a bit better.
BTW if you play your cards right, you'll also be able to upgrade your starter pack to something with LTI as well.

JudgeJuryExctnr

Captain
Nov 23, 2021
RSI Handle
JudgeJuryExctnr
Yes, I came in from Discord since someone there told me to come to the forums, and then I heard about the 3 months rule. I actually tried to delete the thread since it hasn't been that long, and since I ended up just buying it in the pledge store straight out through a CCU chain with LTI. I made sure to include all the ships that I wanted to fly along the way while waiting 🤣.

I will wait it out the 3 months before engaging in the market.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
You get a caterpiller loaner I think for the BMM so you can still do some cargoey stuff.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I don't have a BMM, but I am also looking for a CCU though not in a hurry for it right now - the BMM is not in the game yet. What I suggest is not upgrading your only ship if you only have one and you can fly it alone. I mean like I said, the BMM isn't even in the game yet so you'd end up with a CIG loaner which isn't always fun, and if it's not you have no choice. What I do suggest though is that you can buy a ship for under 100 that has LTI. Or 10 year insurance but LTI is preferable. Then you can upgrade that kind of step at a time. This allows you to apply discounts from upgrades and eventually CCU's.
There are two things that will really help.
  • First, the sellers would need to know the starting point, like what ship to you want to upgrade.
  • Second, and this is kind of a generalization and not a set in stone rule, but most sellers will want you to be in TEST for 3 months. It's just so they get to know you a bit better.
BTW if you play your cards right, you'll also be able to upgrade your starter pack to something with LTI as well.
Currently, a Spartan is a good starting vehicle with LTI to begin the CCU chain. I'd also suggest that you purchase the end point CCU, in this case a M2 Hercules as its price was recently raised, so won't likely go up again for a while, but has a good chance of having a warbond CCU option during the Invictus Launch Week events during the end of May each year. With what they've shown of the BMM, its price is guaranteed to keep climbing periodically. Which you can then take your time to fill in the gap between with various CCUs a step at a time. I always recommend that when possible you purchase vehicles or CCUs through CIG directly to add to your account amount which contributes to move you towards Concierge & then up the Concierge tiers.

Yes, I came in from Discord since someone there told me to come to the forums, and then I heard about the 3 months rule. I actually tried to delete the thread since it hasn't been that long, and since I ended up just buying it in the pledge store straight out through a CCU chain with LTI. I made sure to include all the ships that I wanted to fly along the way while waiting 🤣.

I will wait it out the 3 months before engaging in the market.
Slightly confused. Did you already purchase your BMM? If so, congrats, if not, enjoy the efforts that work up to it to help you enjoy it all the more when you have. Cheers!

Reactions: vahadar and Vavrik

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Currently, a Spartan is a good starting vehicle with LTI to begin the CCU chain. I'd also suggest that you purchase the end point CCU, in this case a M2 Hercules as its price was recently raised, so won't likely go up again for a while, but has a good chance of having a warbond CCU option during the Invictus Launch Week events during the end of May each year. With what they've shown of the BMM, its price is guaranteed to keep climbing periodically. Which you can then take your time to fill in the gap between with various CCUs a step at a time. I always recommend that when possible you purchase vehicles or CCUs through CIG directly to add to your account amount which contributes to move you towards Concierge & then up the Concierge tiers.
That's good advice, but not for me. I'm not worried about concierge tiers or in a hurry to get any ship.
But I'm suggesting that someone who has only 1 ship should not make it a ship that will require multi-crew.

Doyzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Doyzer
Why not combine some of the BIS warbond CCU's to get a cheaper BMM
Get a warbond Spartan $65
Upgrade to a Warbond RAFT $30
Upgrade to a Warbond Ares $90
Upgrade to a Warbond Redeemer $25
Upgrade to a Warbond C2 BIS $40
Upgrade to a Warbond 600i BIS $45
Upgrade to a BMM $75
Out the door for $370 (if my math is correct, $180 saved)

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Upgrade to a BMM $75
Which was basically what I was suggesting. You just showed a more clarified path.

Reactions: Doyzer and Vavrik

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
But I'm suggesting that someone who has only 1 ship should not make it a ship that will require multi-crew.
I definitely agree that everybody should have at least 1 ship they can use solo for those times when they simply want to work alone or when there's nobody else available.

Reactions: Vavrik

JudgeJuryExctnr

Captain
Nov 23, 2021
RSI Handle
JudgeJuryExctnr
Upgrade to a BMM $75
That’s what I ended up doing pretty much with a few more in the mix

Forgot your password?