WTB Conny LTI

makute

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
VishMainha
That doesn't makes sense Malvariuz. The whole point of insurance is to make griefers life's tougher.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
That doesn't makes sense Malvariuz. The whole point of insurance is to make griefers life's tougher.
what he means is that insurance will be very cheap, not that it will go away. And no, it won't make griefers lives any tougher, it will simply make the people who get griefed not be hurt so badly.

makute

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
VishMainha
IMHO, people are misinterpreting the insurance mechanism.

The point of insurance is not to aid victims of griefing, but to make griefers "work" for it. To force them to "play the game" and earn credits to replace lost ships and equipment, thus leaving less time for griefing.

PS: Mind I'm talkin about griefers and not pirates. Any pirate worth its salt should make enough money for a living.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
IMHO, people are misinterpreting the insurance mechanism.

The point of insurance is not to aid victims of griefing, but to make griefers "work" for it. To force them to "play the game" and earn credits to replace lost ships and equipment, thus leaving less time for griefing.

PS: Mind I'm talkin about griefers and not pirates. Any pirate worth its salt should make enough money for a living.
insurance on your ship doesn't cost me anything if I blow you up. My ship gets reimbursed regardless of how or where I die in it. The only time they won't replace your ship is if CIG investigates you and finds out you're exploiting game mechanics to commit insurance fraud.

makute

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
VishMainha
My ship gets reimbursed regardless of how or where I die in it.
Except for aditional or modified equipment. That's an extra cost. Also, the faster your ship gets destroyed, the longer the wait until it is "respawned".

It was confirmed time ago that criminals could be denied to be covered by some companies too. Those individuals should seek an alternative. Probably, in the form of some shadowy broker (more expensive, riskier, locked behind a quest/reputation tier...) or fly on its own.

Forgot your password?