WTB: MISC Hull B w/LTI - Seller Jango made it happen!

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
do we know if the hull B can jump through a small wormhole?

I want the largest capacity hauler that can do that

Reactions: Vavrik

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I could be wrong, the only info I could find dated from 2015, and mentioned only the Freelancer by name and that was medium jump point. the Hull B is a slightly larger ship than the Freelancers, but I don't think it's out of the medium jump point range. However, I think CIG needs to rethink things related to ship scale.
A TEST Squadron reference:

CIG's reference to the Freelancer ... let it play a minute...
View: https://youtu.be/IehITxsK4Fs?t=3320

• o7
Reactions: maynard and Michael

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Hull B is longer and higher than the freelancer, but height is lower than the width of the freelancer...So, will the length prevent it from going through the smaller wormholes is the question

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
Ah, but it's only lower in height with the cargo arms retracted. I assume the point would be running cargo through hard or less accessible jump points.

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
I could be wrong, the only info I could find dated from 2015, and mentioned only the Freelancer by name and that was medium jump point. the Hull B is a slightly larger ship than the Freelancers, but I don't think it's out of the medium jump point range. However, I think CIG needs to rethink things related to ship scale.
A TEST Squadron reference:

CIG's reference to the Freelancer ... let it play a minute...
View: https://youtu.be/IehITxsK4Fs?t=3320
There is a lot of rumor around wether the lancer will fit through a small JP or not.
One thing is for sure we have nothing concrete and things might change due to the ongoing development of the game.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Ah, but it's only lower in height with the cargo arms retracted. I assume the point would be running cargo through hard or less accessible jump points.
Actually, it's higher in height than the freelancer, but lower in width...even with the arms extended. The height is also a smaller dimension than the freelancer width Now, unless the jump point is oriented one side up, height and width should be very similar, so as long as the width and the height are both smaller than the freelancer's width (those wings are wide), it should be find in the WxD dimmentions. However, it's significantly longer 49m vs 38m. That could cause a significant issue.

Both in LxWxD
Freelancer Dimensions: 38x23.5x9.5 66 SCU
Hull B Dimensions: 49x16.5x17 384 SCU
Hull A Dimensions: 22x8x4 48 SCU
Freelancer Max: 38x36x9.5 120 SCU

The Hull A only carries 48 SCU of cargo, but it's also classified as a "small" ship. Both the Freelancer and the Hull B are medium ships.

If we go by the 2015 video, vs the other lore we've heard about the freelancer being the biggest to transverse the small jump points, then the Hull A would carry the most cargo through a jump point. Otherwise, get a freelancer or even a cutlass.

Now, if the MAX fits through small jump points, I would put a small amount of money on the Hull B being able to do so. If it's only the freelancer and not the MAX, then I would give it even odds.

Small note, if you look at the holo viewer of the Hull B, those need to be 6 SCU containers for the math to work out. If those are only 1 SCU containers, then the Hull B will only hold 64 SCU of cargo. Two less than the Freelancer. I suspect they will be somewhere in-between

Last edited:

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
Screw LTI...

Sorry I couldn't help it, had to quote a poster from the forums that I read in my last Star Citizen video. 🤣

AccidentProne8

Space Marshal
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
accidentproneeight
Still in search of a HULL B!

GGRPG
I think I've got one, but I've never done the whole transfer thing before. We've got several TEST pilots over in marketplace who sell ships that I might take a look at first!

Keep me tagged though and if it doesn't work out -hit me up and I'll check.

EDIT: Was in recent, did not realize I was in marketplace... I'm assuming you looked, but the statement (mostly) stands.

Last edited:

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
You got all the hulls now? If so congrats!

Misc is love misc is life.

Reactions: GriffinGamingRPG

GriffinGamingRPG

Space Marshal
Apr 11, 2016
RSI Handle
GriffinGamingRPG
Oh, how I wish that were the case. I was “late” getting on the “MISC Hull Series” train. I own the A, B & C now. As much as I want the D & E I’m waiting to see how cargo/trading missions are implemented. They’re incredibly huge ships and operating them as well as the logistics of moving them securely is no small task.

GriffinGamingRPG

You got all the hulls now? If so congrats!

Misc is love misc is life.

Reactions: Jangmo and BUTUZ
Forgot your password?