WTB stuff - and my LTI wishlist for this year and after

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Hello Testies,

This thread is just to advertise what i would like to buy in general to complete my ships objective.
I am posting this so potential sellers are aware of my wishlist in advance ;)

Here is my current LTI greymarket wishlist in order of preference :

1* Sentinel BUK LTI

Last edited:

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
I have a question about anniversary sales (since i never checked any), is it possible to upgrade to a ship that has same cost? for exemple if i upgrade to an aurora LN from an archimedes? I dont see that possibility in the ship upgrade on RSI.
Also are mustang delta available for anniversary sales? so i can upgrade then?

Reactions: Blind Owl

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk
I have a question about anniversary sales (since i never checked any), is it possible to upgrade to a ship that has same cost? for exemple if i upgrade to an aurora LN from an archimedes? I dont see that possibility in the ship upgrade on RSI.
Also are mustang delta available for anniversary sales? so i can upgrade then?
It used to be perfectly possible to change to any ship at the same cost using CCUs, they changed it to only be available if both ships are flyable now I believe.
The Archimedes has a value of $40 and the LN is $35 so you can't upgrade to that.

The Delta is normally available during the anniversary sales.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
The Archimedes has a value of $40 and the LN is $35 so you can't upgrade to that.
Ah bummer, so it is the ingame credit value that is taken into account for an upgrade? Because i bought the p-72 for 35 real $. And i was using the wiki at starcitizentools to plan my fleet building (they list both ship at same price there), well bad planning i guess :)

Is there any lti token that can be used to upgrade to an aurora LN then?

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk
Ah bummer, so it is the ingame credit value that is taken into account for an upgrade? Because i bought the p-72 for 35 real $. And i was using the wiki at starcitizentools to plan my fleet building (they list both ship at same price there), well bad planning i guess :)

Is there any lti token that can be used to upgrade to an aurora LN then?
If you got an original LTI Merlin I think that can be CCU'd, not sure if anyone has one of those. Also for prices use the upgrade tool on the RSI website, in the from column check show all ships, that will give you the current values of ships for CCU planning.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
If you got an original LTI Merlin I think that can be CCU'd, not sure if anyone has one of those. Also for prices use the upgrade tool on the RSI website, in the from column check show all ships, that will give you the current values of ships for CCU planning.
Ok thank you @SpudNyk. Is it possible to upgrade the snub merlin coming with an lti andromeda? I dont think so but i'm asking anyway ;)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Don't sweat it. Buy an Aurora LN at the anniversary sale, and it'll likely have 10 year insurance on it, which is basically LTI, so you don't need to worry about getting an LTI token for it.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
2* mustang delta (or even 4, will depend on how many we will be able to fit in a Polaris);
Errr... Polaris only carry 1 small ship, so sticking with that fleet plan you alread have 1 more then necessity... That of course considering the actual Polaris concept, it could be that it grow a little in size and beccame able to fit 2 small or 1 medium ship....

Concerning the 0$ CCU I think they have completely remove them and you can CCU only to a ship that cost more then the starting one. Olso 0$CCU are been deleted form the buyback and from the inventory of the player (if I still rememmber correcctly...)

For the Aurora LN I think the only LTI version are going back to the original kiickstarter if they even exist, but @Blind Owl have a good advice: buy them with the "standard" insurance during IAE, this year there is a chance they'll have like 11 years of insurace.... not much a difference from LTI.
Also, consider that you can actually buy them in game for very cheap (like 340k), they dont have LTI or long insurance, but for the moment doesn't make any diference and the insurance gameplay I feel it will be one of the last things too be implemented...

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Errr... Polaris only carry 1 small ship, so sticking with that fleet plan you alread have 1 more then necessity... That of course considering the actual Polaris concept, it could be that it grow a little in size and beccame able to fit 2 small or 1 medium ship....
Well i have checked various videos and Q&A about the Polaris. It is officialy said that it can hold up to a Sabre in size, and potentially they are thinking about allowing a Mantis to fit in, but this is a big maybe (see link under).

I am basing my bets & thoughts on the Sabre option (Sabre size when folded is 24*24*5m) and if you check the promotional video for the war effort featuring the Polaris (when you see the hangar opening with the fighter inside), or the current concept screenshot with the hangar, you can see that the hangar is actually quite big (shown with a gladius in most screenshots and a gladius is 20*17*5.5m) and has a lot of extra space around the fighter.

Source for the Sabre officially mentionned as max size that can fit in hangar, and potential Mantis :
Is the RSI Mantis designed to fit inside the hangar of the Polaris? Any details on which ships it can fit in?
The Mantis was not designed to fit inside the hangar of the Polaris. The Aegis Sabre was planned to be the upper limit of the Polaris’ capacity and, as such, the Mantis is too long and tall. However, once the Polaris goes into production, we’ll look at its hangar size (like we did with the 890J) and potentially bring it up to the standard landing pad metrics, which would allow the Mantis and other ships to land properly.

Check the hangar surface :
This is from the ship brochure (https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/77186mzjsuinrr/source/Polaris-2.pdf), and you really see the space available around the gladius.

My guess is that the hangar in roughly between 30 to 40m in length, i'd say a good 35m (depending on what concept image or video you look at) and 25m at least in width (because Sabre beam when wing folded is 24 meters), and since a mustang is around 17.5m*~11m*~8.5m (i dont know exact beam and height size when folded) that would be enough to put at least 2 mustang (even side by side, i dont think it will need to be stored in opposition). And if hangar length is around 35m, maybe up to 3 or 4 mustang if you park them side by side facing each others by group of 2 (2vs2 and not exactly facing each others if 4, or 2vs1 lined, if only 3 : 2 lined + 1 perpendicular or 3*1 perpendicular).
But that is if the hangar is tall enough for the folded wings. It is clearly said it wont fit a Mantis because that ship is too long and tall (so hangar is less than 8.5m height?). From the look of the video before you see the hangar going up, and from the side view from the brochure (hangar is half the height of the ship excluding engines) i think hangar is tall enough for that. Anyway since the Sabre is intended to be the upper limit, it is supposed that all smaller ship could fit in (and thus the mustang).
A mustang can not fit in a carrack by comparison only because of its height when wings are folded.

I know all this is pretty much still in WIP and concept, and very hypothetical, but as they say "if it fits, it sits". For exemple you can put 4 kruger snubs in the carrack (2/2 in hangar and cargo bay), when it wasnt intended for that originally. Anyway even with all those "IF" the Polaris is a dream ship for me and i bet i'll be able to fit more than one small fighter ;) When i was thinking about how many ships a Polaris could fit, the krugers obviously came first and then the auroras. I bet you can easily put 6-8 kruger snubs (merlin/archimedes) as 3vs3 or 4vs4 facing each others in line, or 2 columns of 3vs3 or 4vs4 perpendicular to the ship, both setup would work, since krugers beam is very small when folded (~6m). And this occupies just the surface of a Sabre, not taking into account the extra hangar space around, so you could fit even more than 8 krugers.
For auroras, probably at least 3-4 of them easily in a Polaris, at least 3 for sure considering the Sabre surface: 2 auroras side by side and one perpendicular to the others, or 3 auroras lined up perpendicular to the length of the hangar.
But all those ships would lack firepower, so i was searching for more punch with size in mind and my next thought was the mustang with its small beam when folded.

We could imagine the following as possible loadouts (unless the tools containers on hangar deck cant be removed) :

- 3 to 7 arrow (you can find various hypothetical hangar setup exemple on the web, arrow is 16*12*4m)
- 2 to 4 mustang delta (2*1 or 2*2 in line, or 3*1 perpendicular, mustang folded is around 17.5*11*8m)
- 1 hurricane perpendicular (22*14.5*6m) + up to 3 arrows in line (at least 2), total length here is 14.5+16=30.5m.
- 1 hurricane perpendicular + up to 2 mustang delta in line (at least 1), total length here is 14.5+17.5=32m.
- 2 buccaneer (15*16*4.5m) in line
- 2 or 4 hawks (2*2 in line, hawk is 16*13*4m)
(...)

The video with hangar opening and with a gladius :
View: https://youtu.be/sK52v7NF-CA?t=85

You can see the screens i'm refering to here, still with gladius :

Some ppl have imagination with arrows :)

For the Aurora LN I think the only LTI version are going back to the original kiickstarter if they even exist, but @Blind Owl have a good advice: buy them with the "standard" insurance during IAE, this year there is a chance they'll have like 11 years of insurace.... not much a difference from LTI.
Also, consider that you can actually buy them in game for very cheap (like 340k), they dont have LTI or long insurance, but for the moment doesn't make any diference and the insurance gameplay I feel it will be one of the last things too be implemented...
Don't sweat it. Buy an Aurora LN at the anniversary sale, and it'll likely have 10 year insurance on it, which is basically LTI, so you don't need to worry about getting an LTI token for it.
You are both right, i did not know the insurance would be that long for anniversary sale now, so having lti for small ships dont really make sense then (even for bigger ships actually, will depend of my play time in 10 years from release, and if i can sustain basic insurance cost, i will probably go for lti on the bigger one still).

Edits : various thoughts added

Last edited:
Reactions: Blind Owl

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
That's a nice fleet you got coming! Funnily, I just melted my hammerhead as I never use it.

My advice would be don't get run over by the hype train, don't get over excited and ruin your finances. CIG are getting the money one way or another they don't need us to become destitute when they have corporate sponsors that can drop £10mil without blinking. This is just a game and it's not worth eating beans for.

I've met people who literally living in their mothers bedsit not to cents to rub together yet was like yeh I got 2 idris and about 20 other ships.

Don't regret over spending on mostly non existent pixels for a game that is not gonna be finished for about 5 years.

I do fancy a polaris tho. Mmmm. And beans on toast is actually damn nice....

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
That's a nice fleet you got coming! Funnily, I just melted my hammerhead as I never use it.
I had this idea for 3.9 and Idris mission to use a hammerhead with distortion guns, since you can with the right angle fire with 20 guns from the hammerhead, using 8 distortions and 12 repeaters would probably do a lot of damage in a short period of time. And the hammerhead could probably tank the idris attacking from the rear of it.

My advice would be don't get run over by the hype train, don't get over excited and ruin your finances. CIG are getting the money one way or another they don't need us to become destitute when they have corporate sponsors that can drop £10mil without blinking. This is just a game and it's not worth eating beans for.

I've met people who literally living in their mothers bedsit not to cents to rub together yet was like yeh I got 2 idris and about 20 other ships.

Don't regret over spending on mostly non existent pixels for a game that is not gonna be finished for about 5 years.

I left my mother basement decades ago and now live in my wife basement 😍 and she is checking my expenses for gaming so i need to do it quietly over time hehe ;)

I'm late to the hype train :) Those purchasing ships since 2012 had time to spread expenses over the year. My plan is a 2 year one, and the monthly expense is like what you spend going out one good evening or so (150+€). Even for non existent pixels :)

Also i made some simple calculations. I am playing at maximum 10 hours a week (regardless of all games) and this is already a lot for me. And it will probably decrease as my kid will get older. In SC i made 1 million UEC trading with a carrack in roughly 10 hours, and it was the most boring hours i had ingame :)

So if i have to build the fleet i want, it will be probably around 80 million UEC or more, not even counting components upgrades, insurance and operating cost, at the current rate (not considering higher revenue with bigger trading ship) that is 800 hours. I do not plan to play exclusively Starcitizen during my free gaming time, so this is probably 4 years of grinding just to get the fleet, and enjoy the game after as i want to do it.

And the money paid to achieve this fleet to have fun versus 800 hours of boring grinding is extremely low compared to other kind of entertainment versus associated fun (price of a cinema ticket for exemple for 2 hours of entertainment, its 12€ here in Paris for 1 ticket by comparison). I'd rather buy that fleet now while it is still possible and help funding development in the process, as i do not have the time nor patience to grind that. Some say its pay to win, i think not as i do not have the luxury to play 10 hours a day like some do, i'm way past this age, i have a job and a family :)

I have backed many projects over the years on kickstarter by comparison, and i'd say i paid a few thousands euros in total, when half those projects never saw the light. So even if i get a ship giving my money, this is a reward to fund the game in my eyes, like every other projects do with backer tiers. Back in 2012 when i backed Starcitizen, game crowdfunding was very new so i saw it as an extremely risky model then (unlike pre-ordering) and put my money only on big forgotten names of the industry and old licence i had faith in. Now that Starcitizen funding is extremelly well secured i'd say, i'm very enthusiastic and would fund project with more cash than what i would have done 8 years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: BUTUZ and Blind Owl

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk
Completely correct, plus the insurance costs are supposed to be negligible anyway, the LN should be next to nothing, LTI cost savings probably matter more for the larger more expensive ships.

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk

Now I need to get some proper heinz beans with my next delivery, it's funny the things that become treats when you move abroad. (Sad that back bacon and proper sausages are much harder to find in the US).

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Completely correct, plus the insurance costs are supposed to be negligible anyway, the LN should be next to nothing, LTI cost savings probably matter more for the larger more expensive ships.
Do packages (like the 6 months ones +SC game) insurance also see an extension in coverage for anniversary sales, or it is just the standalone ships? I'm asking because i'm also considering buying starter packages to customise some npc crew when it will be available (see here for reference : https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13288-Multiple-Package-Clarification).

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk
Do packages (like the 6 months ones +SC game) insurance also see an extension in coverage for anniversary sales, or it is just the standalone ships? I'm asking because i'm also considering buying starter packages to customise some npc crew when it will be available (see here for reference : https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13288-Multiple-Package-Clarification).
They will normally have war bond starter packages available with the extended insurance during the anniversary sale, I don't believe the extended insurance is on store credit versions, others can hopefully correct me if this is not the case.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Didn't read the whole thing, but currently am working on an upgrade path to a Reclaimer. Already have one, but the upgrade path would save me some money.

It still needs an Andromeda to Vanguard Warden CCU, but I have the rest. Let me know if you're interested and what you'd want to pay for it. I don't even know what they cost really. Just wanted to save $50-100 for more credit, but I have one of my own already.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
I have a Master set endeavour in my buybacks, but not sure its really what your looking for but thought i would mention it ( im in a vat country )

Would love to buy a master set someday ;) but right now i have a stock endeavour made from a CCU without any modules, that is why i'm aiming to get the modules for the Hope, not really interested in others before game launch. Maybe i can get a Hope set this anniversary sale, i'll see.
My Endeavour will be only used for a respawn point (player and small ships).

Forgot your password?