X-Mass at the ship terminals

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
So I have been rading the settlements for grins and giggles and along the way picking up every color combination of the multi tools I find (2 full pages of them). :drunk:
I really thought everyone knew about them until a few days ago when I helped out a new player at the ship terminals. He seemed at odds with the game so I gave him some cash, armor and laid down a bunch of the different colored multi tools.
Before I knew it I had given away at least 30 of them to him and 6 other well geared players that had not seen some of them before.
Felt pretty good to be a jolly old Nick....Wish we could drop weapons as well :like:

Attachments

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
There are different color multitools?
I know you are ribbing me Oh Great One......Orange, Orange/black, blood red, white/ green, Bright white, and several more combinations of metallics etc:o7:
Having more fun just running around the settlements than any of the missions at the moment:o7:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I know you are ribbing me Oh Great One......Orange, Orange/black, blood red, white/ green, Bright white, and several more combinations of metallics etc:o7:
Having more fun just running around the settlements than any of the missions at the moment:o7:
Was not aware of this... But have you seen a Yellow and Black one yet...?

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Was not aware of this... But have you seen a Yellow and Black one yet...?
Not sure what's in my inventory ATM I have doubles and triples of everything. Going to do a camp rotation today and will take a note of what I have....Glad to share anything I have for you all just hit me up when you're online and I shall bring gifts....Yellow and Black?....Hmmm I need to look again but aside from the standard yellows ...Is there such a TEST tool you speak of?.....I shall look up which button my screen shot is(print screen?). Sharing is caring and as one member once said if you don't have a picture it never happened. :o7:

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
So not as big a variety as first thought but bloodline, harvester, ghost, quick silver and black cherry. :like:
Just tried a bit of video on where the boxes typically are but aside from dolvine the sites were looted. I did get a chance at MT to share a bunch with some players heading off for an adventure...Coolest game ever:love:

Attachments

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I know you can buy different colors from the subscriber store, but I have not come across different colors in the game. I guess its not in bunkers.

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
On a final thought I flew out to a camp on MT and met up with a player who was struggling with his box mission. Trying to be Mr. Nice I gave him a hand and as it was he shot me dead just for the grins of it. Its a small minority of players who have this affliction so water off a ducks back.
However with that being said I flew back out just in case he did not loot my character...He in fact did not. He didn't even loot the site and perhaps he just wanted to shoot some random perp.
So his mistake gave me a net 110,000 credits in dolvine, all my gear as well as food, drink and two multi tools....Not a bad death after all:drunk:

Last edited:

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
I thought everyone knew about the subscriber multi-tools being in the loot table.

Last patch, they seemed to be in some outposts and the caterpillar wrecks, but they are very common at the new abandoned outposts.

I've been tempted to collect them and use one colour for mining attachments, and another one for tractor beam attachments, to make grabbing the right multi-tool when heading out a bit easier - The only one I don't like is the "gold" one ("Mirage"), as it looks too similar to that standard one when quickly flicking through your inventory.

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
I thought everyone knew about the subscriber multi-tools being in the loot table.

Last patch, they seemed to be in some outposts and the caterpillar wrecks, but they are very common at the new abandoned outposts.

I've been tempted to collect them and use one colour for mining attachments, and another one for tractor beam attachments, to make grabbing the right multi-tool when heading out a bit easier - The only one I don't like is the "gold" one ("Mirage"), as it looks too similar to that standard one when quickly flicking through your inventory.
Wow....Never even read the description on what looked like yellow units when looting boxes..Nice catch...Thanks:like:

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Wow....Never even read the description on what looked like yellow units when looting boxes..Nice catch...Thanks:like:
Not a problem - I used some surplus credits a few months back (before subscriber items were added to loot tables) to acquire the 6 different multi-tools in order to see what they looked like. I decided that the Mirage wasn't worthwhile, as it looks almost the same in inventory as a standard one does, so picking it when kitting up was likely to be difficult (and normal ones dropped quite often at that time, filling my inventory - If something is there to be looted, it would be a shame not to take it). I was also considering holding onto 1 or 2 of the others so that I could have a mining, tractor-beam, and medical multi-tool, and know by sight which each one was, to make it quicker\easier to get the items from inventory.

If I have spare credits when 3.18 comes in, I may park some in multi-tools for that reason (salvage component needing an extra colour) - If I lose them, I can always character reset to have them return. I'm not sure they'd be worth the $ price outside Alpha, but at that point, you'll likely be able to buy them in-game in the colour you want anyway.

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
So I know of 5 camps and while doing a run for loot and dolvine I came upon this npc in all his glory. I knew that no one would believe it without a pic or two. No loot on this one WTF..........:wut:

Attachments

Forgot your password?