x52/voiceattack/Comstab

XeoWolf

Commander
Donor
Sep 5, 2016
RSI Handle
XeoWolf_TEST
Okay... I have a lot of hair so this could take some time pulling it all out over getting comstab to work.

I use an x52 hotas with Cedar 1.3 VA... in the preference setup I chose to have comstab on by default, but its off. I issue the command to toggle it, get a confirmation that its being turned on/off, but nothing happens. It stays off.

Looking into the game keybindings for the KB there's nothing bound to it. But in the x52 it says button 29. I have no clue which button or combo of buttons would result in button 29.

Does this need to be so complex?

:(

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
Go to your devices and printers. You should see your x52 there. Right click it and select "game controller settings". That should pop up another window with your devices. The HOTAS should be one of those. Click on your X52 and hit the properties button. This should bring up another pop-up window with your buttons. Then fiddle with buttons and joysticks till you get button #29 to light up. On my X52, it is the "reset" button on the throttle just below the "multi-function display" (the LCD display on the throttle).

Hope that helps

EDIT: you should try the magnet mod HERE

It really helps the sensitivity of the joystick, or at least it really helped mine. I had a significant dead zone on the joystick that made aiming much more difficult than it needed to be. I also found exactly the magnets I needed at the local Home Depot.

XeoWolf

Commander
Donor
Sep 5, 2016
RSI Handle
XeoWolf_TEST
That was it! Never thought it would be the reset button lol
Thank you!
Until I wrap my head around letting VA handle it, I'll poke that button!

Forgot your password?