Xfinity internet, anyone Like, Hate somewhere in between

Fin_Corso

Grand Admiral
Dec 30, 2017
RSI Handle
Fin_Corso
Xfinity internet, anyone Like, Hate somewhere in between?

I am currently unhappy, because internet is down (ugh) and can not play SC.

Hopefully it is back up soon. (Site says 2-3 hours)

Generally internet is fine and fast considering I stream Amazon Firestick, while I am playing online and so is my son on 2 different devices.

Right now is sadness. :angry:

Oh well, More beer!!! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Last edited:
Reactions: Vavrik

dubbzy

Admiral
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
dubbzy104
For me, it's either Xfinity or crappy fiber that doesn't have enough nodes so the upload/download rates always suck. I generally haven't had too many issues with them. I only use them for internet (I have a broadcast antenna and my parent's cable login to watch shows online), and the speeds are good. I pay for the highest speed possible, and it was 150 Mb/s down when I signed my contract, and they upped it to 200 for free a few months ago. I did sign a 2-year contract about 26 months ago for $50/month. When it ended, they charged me the "normal" price without any notice. I called Customer Support and they were able to get me another 2-year contract at $60/month. Not ideal, but better than it could have been.

While I don't have any real complains about them, it would be nice if there was any other competition for fast & reliable internet.

Reactions: Vavrik

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Xfinity is Ok, in the middle of the pack. 2-3 hour outage though, something happened to some equipment and they need to replace it. Here, the worst outage we had was 28 hours, because of an accident. Car traveling 100 Mph on a side street, couldn't make the corner and sheared the distribution box right off the pad it's anchored to.

I've had DSL and ADSL, Directional Wi-Fi, and Satellite. So far, nothing is actually better than Xfinity, all kind of 6 of 1, half dozen of the other, with Xfinity offering the highest bandwidth. Throughput is also usually pretty good.

Forgot your password?