Yet another "Pile on" article.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Aha, it's definately a rebroadcast of the Forbes article, the original is cited and linked to... good on them for cutting-out the salacious gossip, at least they left the ex-wife out of this one.

Unfortunately while removing the ex-wife from the story, they also entirely cut out Squadron 42.

The article comes across like every cent has gone to SC and the company wasn't working on two whole games for all that time, one of which is a behind curtains production and close to Beta next year. Not all of those hundreds of millions have been going into just one game. That re-report article makes it seem that there has only ever been SC and that all of the cash has been dumped into it, whereas for all we know it could be an even 50/50 split between the two projects.

As there is no mention of S42, no mention that it is on the horizon with Beta announced for 2020 which is an end in sight for that part of the project.

Thinking about it, if you do split it 50/50, that's 4 years per game which suddenly doesn't sound quite as extreme, no?

Last edited:

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I spent the last day or two tapping the "hide stories from XYZ" in my Google feed on my phone, as these re-posts with more and more clickbaity titles kept showing up. I'm not willing to give them my clicks just to read the same bile again.

Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?