Your favorite SQ42 "milestones"

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
Q1 2019:

Vehicle Scanning v2 (and follow up versions in the next quarters)
Implementation of general user experience improvements to the Vehicle Scanning system. This includes the ability to create false signatures and balancing the distance in which contacts can be detected between pings and scans.

Very important for PVP and also should provide some nice gameplay with countermeasurments and countercountermeasurments

New Flight Model (don't have to talk about that)
Initial implementation of the all new in-game flight control system, incorporating a total overhaul to the entire flight experience. For a detailed look at this new system, check out The Principles of Flight panel from CitizenCon 2948 on our YouTube channel. At a high level this covers:

• Rebalanced thruster strengths for more momentum in flight
  • Deeper integration with item 2.0 systems such as heat, power, and fuel
  • Redesigned throttle for more direct control
  • Redesigned afterburner and cruise mode
  • Redesigned ESP algorithm
  • New gravlev handling
  • Numerous bugs and issues solved with previous flight model

Q2 2019:

Flight: Wingman Commands
Implementing functionality for a wingman to receive and handle the player's commands. The different commands will result in modification of the systemic behaviors or their execution, so that the wingmen will be able to correctly help the player and match their play-style.

Very important for both games. I really would love to see a good implementation of AI control.

Greycat Industrial Cydnus
Work necessary from the vehicle team to complete the Cydnus, a massive mining machine known colloquially as the 'mining tick', for use in the story of Squadron 42.

Not a miner but i think what a lot of miners hope for

Q3 2019:

Walk and Talk
Building the system and animations needed to support NPCs being able to walk alongside the player or other NPCs and maintain a believable conversation while traveling to a destination. This feature will create the ability to mark animations so that AI can restart them from the appropriate section or avoid obstacles. The same functionality will be extended to on-foot or in-ships patrols, guarding behaviors, and so on.

I think this a nice immersive implementation

Cockpit Interaction
Adding more visual animations for the player to use when interacting with buttons and switches in a ship cockpit. This will also include interactions with other machines and items in the game such as locker doors and more.

Another immersion thing

Aegis Javelin
Work necessary from the vehicle team to complete Aegis Dynamic's military destroyer, the Javelin, for use in the story of Squadron 42.

Q4 2019:
Flight: Ace Pilot
Implementing the functionality for veteran or ace-level combat pilots. Some of the behaviors will include decoupling, ship loadout-based behavior, or cleverly using the environment in their tactics.

Please AI i hope you will be good

MISC Hull-C
Work necessary from the vehicle team to complete the Hull C for use in the story of Squadron 42.

Maybe also implementation in PU?

Q2 2020:
BETA \o/

Last edited:
Reactions: Radegast74

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
Honestly? The cockpit interaction. As someone who plays primarily to just fly around and have fun that level of movement onscreen helps me feel like I'm actually "flying" in the ship.

Forgot your password?