Zero Gee Combat

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
This is a good, not a great vid. The whole time I was thinking "why not use the tractor on the multi-tool to throw that Big Bennies vending machine down the hall or at least advance behind it as a shield?" I was gratified to have them note use of the tractor will be in the next vid. Also, no use of grenade launchers which would have been super valuable, and my personal favorite, no use of the Nox's awsome speed, maneuverability, firepower and shield. Certainly these halls are large enough for the Nox to make an appearance. Not only would it have been proof against snipers, but the zoom on a vehicle would have made those long shots much more simple, and the we don't know anything yet about whether the gimbal assist on the vehicles will target persons or only other vehicles.

I would also liked to have seen healing at distance with the new ray pistol and some detail about how they actually "revived" their dead team member in situ without a med bed, but they didn't seem to record this. This is a key element to explore for all combat teams.

Great learning event. You can see the appeal of becoming proficient and supermanning this stufft. I think most of us would be hopeless without real experience in this. These are must have skills for boarding parties. You can see why Chris has been insistant that knocking out the grav generators aboard ships you're boarding can grant a huge advantage to those with zero gee skills. Probably eveyone flying in a large ship should develop these skills, even if only for defending.

View: https://youtu.be/vy7g9q7wGCM

Last edited:

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
You do know that we have weekly TSMC events where we often do the same ;)

It's nice to feature videos of non TESTies but it is better to attend the event organized by TEST for the same kind of training 🍻
Oh, I'd love to, but those events tend to be on the weekends, the one period of time when I got no time.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
You do know that we have weekly TSMC events where we often do the same ;)

It's nice to feature videos of non TESTies but it is better to attend the event organized by TEST for the same kind of training 🍻
No. I did not know that. I send new players to the TEST forums almost every day, and post in General daily, and somehow, I did not know there was this weekly event. Where do you advertise it?

• o7
Reactions: Vavrik and vahadar

Harkonan

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkypoo
No. I did not know that. I send new players to the TEST forums almost every day, and post in General daily, and somehow, I did not know there was this weekly event. Where do you advertise it?

I'm not sure if everything always gets posted to the forums but Discord use to be the place to be if you wanted in on events or just to meet up with other TESTies in the verse.

We've even met up to play other games together over the years.

Reactions: Vavrik and vahadar

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
In the Events section of the forum. That is great you send new players to TEST ! :like:🍻

I guess this section needs a better visibility, as it has existed for years now, with events every week.

I'm not sure if everything always gets posted to the forums but Discord use to be the place to be if you wanted in on events or just to meet up with other TESTies in the verse.

We've even met up to play other games together over the years.
Everything is posted on forums, and our Discord/Guilded, for the same events, as best as possible. Discord Event calendar might be the one with the most events posted though, for exemple Mining Monday is not posted on forums (@Chromeninja ).

This Events section "visibility" is a bit problematic, this might be an issue if some veteran TESTies like you @Shadow Reaper discover it now, this means it is not that visible, and that it might be the case of many other TESTies who dont know about it.
@Montoya @marcsand2 @Chromeninja

If someone just go to see General (as I tend to do myself, beside the Members Introduction), it is easy to miss all those organised events, might need a sticky in General with some basic guidelines TEST how to, including telling about the Events section?

Last edited:
Reactions: Vavrik and Harkonan
Forgot your password?