Zeus II

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Honestly, it's a matter of taste
3x S2 shields vs 1 S2 shield in the Cutlass
Fuel 2xS2 vs 1xS2 (this might be split, it might not be, things are looking weird on the tech specs of the Zeus)
2xS4 and 2 turrets turrets with 2xS3 vs 4xS4 and a turret with 2xS3
Blue Lots more missiles
16 SCU of cargo vs 12
Zeus 10m longer, 12m wider, 6m taller, so it's a bigger target too.
Not sure if Zeus is Quantum Snare + Quantum dampener, or just dampener
Cutlass has a lot more storage form the looks of it, but how much more is unknown.

Overall, I think on paper, the Zeus wins, but it's not a solid victory. It might all come down to how these ships move and can take fire.

Three crew means 3 crew means either more firepower (turrets), or people who can repair the ship if needed. Two crew means less people to split the bounty with.
The Cutlass has 4 pilot controlled S3 and 2 turret S3. The Zeus has two Pilot controlled S4, a turret with 2 size 3 and the MR has and additional "forward facing" turret with 2 S3. The question becomes whether the "forward facing" turret is pilot controlled or for the third crew member.

Missiles depends on whether the mounts on the Zeus are bespoke. The Zeus carries 8 size 4 missiles while the Cutlass carries 6 size 4. If the Zeus launchers aren't bespoke then the Zeus carries more missiles of any size and can carry Torps. It seems to imply the launchers are bespoke on the Zeus, but doesn't say so.

It doesn't say if the fuel tanks are Quantum or Hydrogen. That makes a huge difference.

The extra two shields and extra powerplant look like that is a major advantage as does the EMP on the MR, but which flies better?

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

CRISS9000

Space Marshal
Jul 13, 2016
RSI Handle
criss9000
Missiles depends on whether the mounts on the Zeus are bespoke. The Zeus carries 8 size 4 missiles while the Cutlass carries 6 size 4. If the Zeus launchers aren't bespoke then the Zeus carries more missiles of any size and can carry Torps. It seems to imply the launchers are bespoke on the Zeus, but doesn't say so.
to me it looks like the Zeus's missile launchers are custom, and likely fused into the frame. so they're likely not interchangeable.

• o7

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale

I don't know where he got that image with the 4 Zeuses tho. all the marketing material on the RSI website shows only the 3 buyable ones.

However, if I am to hazard a guess, I'd say that the secret 4th variant is a military issue Zeus.
The skin on number 4 looks like the Concierge skin.

• Glorious

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
to me it looks like the Zeus's missile launchers are custom, and likely fused into the frame. so they're likely not interchangeable.
It is implied, as well. I agree that bespoke seems most likely. (Especially since not bespoke means 4 size 5 torps.)

• o7

LurchLord

Space Marshal
Apr 30, 2016
RSI Handle
LurchLord
Hrmpf.

Since I wanted to get rid of the Mantis for a long time (too limited in usability), and have gotten rid of the Bluelass (because I hate the "Cathedral Cockpit"), the MR looked like a smart choice.
So congratulations CIG, you have gotten a few dollares out of me again.

• Glorious

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
My Cutlass Black is looking pretty dated these days so I might make the jump to the cargo version. I do like the fact that the cargo version of the Zeus has a tractor beam.
While the Cutlass has a tractor, the cargo capacity is a joke.

• o7

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I didn’t spot anything stipulating how many variants there will be. One supposes the snare and dampener are one variant only. So what else should we expect?

This is the perfect shape and size for a stealth recon scout with some torp capability. 3XS7 tubes and limited stealth would make this a hunting favorite, presuming it has decent speed and range. The fact it is 4S2 shields says it’s intended for some kind of stealth combat.

I’m intrigued!

• o7

GarikDuvall

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 3, 2018
RSI Handle
Garik_Duvall
So yes, the MR does have more capabilities, but basic (ES) does have L radar, L fuel tank & Quant tank, and extra shield Gen. Could be more useful for those who won't plan to do interdiction/piracy.

• Glorious

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I didn’t spot anything stipulating how many variants there will be. One supposes the snare and dampener are one variant only. So what else should we expect?

This is the perfect shape and size for a stealth recon scout with some torp capability. 3XS7 tubes and limited stealth would make this a hunting favorite, presuming it has decent speed and range. The fact it is 4S2 shields says it’s intended for some kind of stealth combat.

I’m intrigued!
It's got ordinance hardpoints for 4 S5. I wouldn't expect more than a pair of size 6 and that would appear to require modification.
It also appears the standard chasis is 3 S2 shields.

Hunting is supposed to be alive, more often than dead. The MR is well equipped for hunting, as is. Torps aren't the best, long term, choice for that profession.

• Glorious

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Trying to figure the differences between the Zeus II MR and the Cutty Blue. The big one is the zeus has both the Dampner and the EMP. The second big difference is it goes from crew of two to three.
Well, the difference in my book is that the Zeus II MR has 3 medium shields and the Blue has one. Pilot Firepower in a Blue is 4x3 though against 2x4 in the Zeus. Though all stations manned it's 6x3 versus 2x4 and 4x3. Realistc situation with full crew, even though the Blue will be more nimble and speedy I'd rather sit my ass in the Zeus. The intended Targets ARE going to fight back after all so the shields make a lot of difference, plus: EMP!
-
That aside, and this really irks me. The Zeus II Clipper is cheaper than the Freelancer MAX. Has one more shield and the WAYYYYY better Cockpit. Basicaly less weapons but who cares in a freighter?
And you won't bonk your head on that stupid turret.
I mean them Drake ships like the Blue never got used for the (offical) intended work anyway but them MISC guys got a real problem on hand... :-)

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
By the way, you guys who already bought into the concept, any idea what the loaners are?
There's nothing in the Matrix yet.

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria

I don't know where he got that image with the 4 Zeuses tho. all the marketing material on the RSI website shows only the 3 buyable ones.

However, if I am to hazard a guess, I'd say that the secret 4th variant is a military issue Zeus.
The picture of the 4 variants was posted by CIG on Twitter, then pulled shortly afterwards.

The 4th was also shown during the presentation (by mistake?), and apparently the product page at one point had a "Racing" option along with the other options:
1698013790619.png

1698013811790.png

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
By the way, you guys who already bought into the concept, any idea what the loaners are?
There's nothing in the Matrix yet.
A1 for the moment (All variants of the Zeus):

The RSI Zeus MK II (Including all variants) is being offered for the first time as a limited vehicle concept pledge. This means that the vehicle is in development, but it is not yet ready to play in Star Citizen. It will be available as playable content in a later patch. If you pledge towards an RSI Zeus MK II (or any available variant thereof), you will have access to a temporary loaner vehicle for use in Star Citizen until such time as the applicable variant RSI Zeus MK II is included in-game. This loaner vehicle will be a currently playable vehicle of similar approximate size and/or function – initially the Crusader A1 Spirit for gameplay in the Persistent Universe and the Crusader A1 Spirit for other game modes; we reserve the right to update the selection of loaner ships if more applicable choices become available during development.
Taken from the bottom of https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/19446-Introducing-The-RSI-Zeus-MK-II

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Well, the difference in my book is that the Zeus II MR has 3 medium shields and the Blue has one. Pilot Firepower in a Blue is 4x3 though against 2x4 in the Zeus. Though all stations manned it's 6x3 versus 2x4 and 4x3. Realistc situation with full crew, even though the Blue will be more nimble and speedy I'd rather sit my ass in the Zeus. The intended Targets ARE going to fight back after all so the shields make a lot of difference, plus: EMP!
-
That aside, and this really irks me. The Zeus II Clipper is cheaper than the Freelancer MAX. Has one more shield and the WAYYYYY better Cockpit. Basicaly less weapons but who cares in a freighter?
And you won't bonk your head on that stupid turret.
I mean them Drake ships like the Blue never got used for the (offical) intended work anyway but them MISC guys got a real problem on hand... :-)
It does depend on use case. I'm more interested in the Bounty Hunter loop than cargo hauling.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane

The skin on number 4 looks like the Concierge skin.
This is the Concierge exclusive Zeus paint

Paints - Zeus Mk II - Solstice Paint

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Paint/Zeus-Mk-II-Solstice-Paint

Forgot your password?