Zyloh posts that Carrack will only be ready in Feb. Surprised Pikachu!

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Im a little confused, maybe its because I have been kinda afk for a while.

The last roadmap (Nov 15th) showed this:

Maybe its my eyes, but it says Carrack 45%

That means there is no way the Carrack is going to be flyable by tomorrow.

Am I missing something? Why is everybody shocked and surprised in this thread?

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Well, This little tidbit of lore came down on Wednesday. It's just life imitating art...

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/17358-KAIZEN-IAE-Anticipation
Scottie Bressler: I heard rumors about a slowdown but didn’t expect it to be to that extent. It’s good they’re being upfront about it, but it’s also concerning. With the IAE only days away the release feels strategically timed to get lost amidst all the news about to break.
You don’t see this release putting Anvil in a tough spot at the expo? Maybe forcing them to answer questions about production problems instead of promoting their ships?

Scottie Bressler: Look at is this way. If they release this news after the expo, then the story has legs. Release it during the expo and they have to address it. But releasing it now means the story will vanish quickly and can be deflected as ‘old news’ if brought up at the expo. Considering the options, this is definitely the best way to bury the lead, so to speak.

Randson

Space Marshal
Oct 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Randson
The issue isn't that they need more time, the issue is that, with the banner being the proof, they withheld information up until the point of citizen con and if this banner wasn't shared, we wouldn't have known til tomorrow. Take as long as they need but they should tell us when they figure out.. "hey guys, I think we need more time to get this to work". On the Eve of their biggest financial make-or-break of the year, they release information that could have been handled at the point they found out but instead they withheld it from the backers. Idk who took Marketing over from Sandi but.. just tell people. Don't wait til last minute and spur in-confidence right before your biggest week of the year. They need more time? Thats fine, I waited an extra 3 months for my 890 and it was well worth the wait. Just.. communicate with us. You know?

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
So people thought 45% to 100% in one week, but then got pissed off when that is not the case?

I have a feeling it was more a combination of past experiences with the roadmap not having smooth updates, lack of any sort of status update on the Carrack for months coupled with the normal lack of information in the months leading up to CitizenCon and the rumor mill about Jump Gates being introduced.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Im a little confused, maybe its because I have been kinda afk for a while.

The last roadmap (Nov 15th) showed this:

Maybe its my eyes, but it says Carrack 45%

That means there is no way the Carrack is going to be flyable by tomorrow.

Am I missing something? Why is everybody shocked and surprised in this thread?

As I feared, the more this game drags on the more the delays will catch up to them, eventually the overall game will be dragged out to a 2023/24 release if were lucky lol. Now they cant even keep up with ship releases..... its almost as if their staggering them to see if they can make more money as well, releasing ships each month might net more money rather than releasing 3-4 in the same day or week.

I have this feeling if SQ42 doesn't rake in the $$ were going to see another piece of the pie get sold to keep it funded, but I know everyone thinks I am just a negative glass is half empty kind of guy but seriously from my perspective they cant keep up, money wise or staff wise its catching up lol.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
they withheld information up until the point of citizen con and if this banner wasn't shared, we wouldn't have known til tomorrow.
But I knew last week, when the roadmap showed 45%, that the Carrack would not be flyable any time soon.

The information was not withheld, it clearly said 45%.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
But thats my point here.

Nowhere was it said that the Carrack was going to be flight ready at Citizencon.
You are right. I don't expect ships to be ready when they say. Most ships will be pushed back to a X.Y.Z type of patch if they get released at all that patch.

Right now, they are running about 3 months behind on their ship roadmap. It's time for them to really true it up. They need to take 3 months, let their ship people and other asset people catch up, while they work on getting bugs squashed....permanently. If they have extra time, work on network, physics, etc.

That said, we will see how things pan out.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
But thats my point here.

Nowhere was it said that the Carrack was going to be flight ready at Citizencon.
People are stupid? Lol. Somewhere, someone started the rumour that the Carrack would be released at CitizenCon. People hopped on the bandwagon. Now they're getting pissy because that ain't true. So, people are stupid.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
That said, I expect that we will see the carrack at the expo, but it probably won't be flyable. Maybe just a static model you can walk around.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
People are stupid? Lol. Somewhere, someone started the rumour that the Carrack would be released at CitizenCon. People hopped on the bandwagon. Now they're getting pissy because that ain't true. So, people are stupid.
I think they were hoping due to the release of the Pisces, that the Carrack would also be out. It was overly optimistic on their part.

The ship folks at CIG are working on getting all the ships needed for SQ42 online and ready to go. Note that not even the Idris and Javelin are done, and they are critical to SQ42. Those should have been done last quarter with teams being shifted to the Bengal afterwards. I suspect that this will mean backing up the game release at least one more quarter, if not two, putting SQ42 as a spring 2021 release....

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I think they were hoping due to the release of the Pisces, that the Carrack would also be out. It was overly optimistic on their part.

The ship folks at CIG are working on getting all the ships needed for SQ42 online and ready to go. Note that not even the Idris and Javelin are done, and they are critical to SQ42. Those should have been done last quarter with teams being shifted to the Bengal afterwards. I suspect that this will mean backing up the game release at least one more quarter, if not two, putting SQ42 as a spring 2021 release....
Meh, it'll come out when it comes out. Until then, Cyberpunk, Red Dead, and a 100 other games will keep me rolling, haha

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Randson

Space Marshal
Oct 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Randson
But I knew last week, when the roadmap showed 45%, that the Carrack would not be flyable any time soon.

The information was not withheld, it clearly said 45%.
That's fair. Idk. It's an assumption that a major release like the Carrack is typically kept under wraps until events like citizencon. So maybe personally I was expecting more? But yeah. If the roadmap was accurate then this is true. Shouldn't be a surprise.

Forgot your password?