3.2 evocati?

FeaturedSpace

Commander
Jun 5, 2018
RSI Handle
FeaturedSpace
Of course, I'm not talking about the people that pay close attention to the roadmap, as most of those people are very invested time and moneywise into SC and they don't care as much when things come out, as long as they do eventually..

I do agree with you though. I am just also vocalizing the small section of SC's fanbase that's fed up with delays. Even though we are SO clearly making large amounts of progress, it's unbelievable...

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Of course, I'm not talking about the people that pay close attention to the roadmap, as most of those people are very invested time and moneywise into SC and they don't care as much when things come out, as long as they do eventually..

I do agree with you though. I am just also vocalizing the small section of SC's fanbase that's fed up with delays. Even though we are SO clearly making large amounts of progress, it's unbelievable...
I know what you mean, and the progress is fantastic.

I don't deny any detractor their frustrations, mostly as I am a detractor of some parts of the game like my beloved 350R and how it has been nothing but nerfed since its inception. I am no saint, I have complained probably as much as the Cutlass crew before the rework.

I would ask detractors, however, that once one of their concerns has been addressed they accept the answer and stop the [CONCERN]... So many times I've seen CIG address detractors concerns only for them to ignore the response and then raise it again the next time a similar thing happens, over and over and over.

"They've changed the funding model so LTI is only on new money, it must mean they are broke!"
"This is what people have been asking us for since 2014 - The original backers are disappointed that LTI continued after the original kickstarter, this is a compromise to help make them happy."
"CIG IS BROKE!!!!1"

"They've created a $27,000 package, they must be broke!"
"We've had multiple requests to update the completionist package, this is the new almost-all-ships package. It costs a lot as there are a lot more ships in it."
"CIG IS BROKE!!!!1!!!!"

I accept and understand they are concerned, really it is to their credit that they want to see the project succeed just as I do, but once they've got their answers i'd really rather they accept them - or what they are pushing for is not an answer to their concern, it is simply pushing for what they want to hear and if they do not hear exactly that they then act like they have been in some way disrespected, whereas their ignoring a perfectly valid answer is, IMHO, disrespectful... But thats just me.

*Disclaimer* This opinion is in no way endorsed by TEST. I don't speak for TEST, I speak for me :slight_smile:

Last edited:

FeaturedSpace

Commander
Jun 5, 2018
RSI Handle
FeaturedSpace
I know what you mean, and the progress is fantastic.

I don't deny any detractor their frustrations, mostly as I am a detractor of some parts of the game like my beloved 350R and how it has been nothing but nerfed since its inception. I am no saint, I have complained probably as much as the Cutlass crew before the rework.

I would ask detractors, however, that once one of their concerns has been addressed they accept the answer and stop the [CONCERN]... So many times I've seen CIG address detractors concerns only for them to ignore the response and then raise it again the next time a similar thing happens, over and over and over.

"They've changed the funding model so LTI is only on new money, it must mean they are broke!"
"This is what people have been asking us for since 2014 - The original backers are disappointed that LTI continued after the original kickstarter, this is a compromise to help make them happy."
"CIG IS BROKE!!!!1"

"They've created a $27,000 package, they must be broke!"
"We've had multiple requests to update the completionist package, this is the new almost-all-ships package. It costs a lot as there are a lot more ships in it."
"CIG IS BROKE!!!!1!!!!"

I accept and understand they are concerned, really it is to their credit that they want to see the project succeed, but once they've got their answers i'd really rather they accept them - or what they are pushing for is not an answer to their concern, it is simply pushing for what they want to hear and if they do not hear exactly that they the act like they have been in some way disrespected, whereas their ignoring a perfectly valid answer is, IMHO, disrespectful... But thats just me.

*Disclaimer* This opinion is in no way endorsed by TEST. I don't speak for TEST, I speak for me :slight_smile:

VERY WELL SPOKEN. HEAR HEAR! :laughing: :beers:

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
What in the world has CIG been doing "stabilizing 3.1"? There's got to be more of a balance between devs working on the current patch and ones working on the future... The ships thing does make sense though, seeing as CIG only employees about 15, maybe 20 people to make ships..
I am sure most are working on their features with a small team working on stabilization that is then ported to the current working branch.

FeaturedSpace

Commander
Jun 5, 2018
RSI Handle
FeaturedSpace
I don't know it seems like they haven't begun working on some of the things until just now, especially with their statement that they've just now "moved over devs to begin more work on 3.2 features". Sorry if I'm missing something here, guys!

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
3.2 is actually in evocati now, btw.
According to the roadmap, at least.
Yes which means I was right! Coz you know there's an even more secret version of the evocati that tests it before the evocati officially gets their hands on it? :o

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Yep, they're called the game devocati, and they actually get PAID to play SC!
I heared the Devocati have an arcane secret language that they never speak, only write, and from that language the mightiest of battleships down to the smallest of Benny's cartons come into being... The Devocati are powerful beings indeed...

Forgot your password?