Coming anniversary sale.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Right now my fleet is an Avenger Titan, a Gladius, a Sentinel with a Warden BUK and a Retaliator base.
I know I want the Torp bays for the Tali as well as some modules once they become available, but short term the Tali is just hangar art.

So the plan during the sale was to upgrade to the bomber, but I was thinking it might be a good idea to go through an upgrade to a different ship, I can enjoy now, while I wait for the Tali to be more useable.

For example, get a Retaliator Base to Constellation Andromeda CCU then a Connie to Retaliator Bomber CCU, apply the first and sit on the second.

Which ships sit between the Base and the Bomber would you recommend?

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
So you are looking at something between 151 and 274.

So that gives you the following, Prospector, Gladiator, Sabre, Freelancer MIS, Andromeda, Super Hornet, and Vanguard.

If you just want to do combat then the Sabre and Hornet are great. Mining with the prospector. The Vanguard can do missions, some trading, and combat (still prefer the MIS over it). If you want to go more combat then trading then the Freelancer MIS is my preferred ship at the moment or if you want to do more trading over combat then the Andromeda would be the way to go.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
So you are looking at something between 151 and 274.

So that gives you the following, Prospector, Gladiator, Sabre, Freelancer MIS, Andromeda, Super Hornet, and Vanguard.

If you just want to do combat then the Sabre and Hornet are great. Mining with the prospector. The Vanguard can do missions, some trading, and combat (still prefer the MIS over it). If you want to go more combat then trading then the Freelancer MIS is my preferred ship at the moment or if you want to do more trading over combat then the Andromeda would be the way to go.
I already have a Vanguard. :)
The MIS and the Andromeda were the ships I was most looking at.
I thought the Mercury might also be an interesting choice. (Freelancer loaner)

The Andromeda, from that list, should, maneuver most like the Tali, while actually being useful. You gave me a couple of ships I hadn't considered. Thanks.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Just depends on your level of patience, I suppose.
And depends on what you want your income to be too. I regularly settle for a load of sub par minerals, just because of time constraints. You can in some locations, fall onto a rock worth 5000 aUEC, or you can mine 2 or 3 rocks in an area worth that. You can hunt around for a rock to earn more, but if it takes more than 20 minutes, your often better off just mining what's nearby instead of hunt and peck. Now true, if I find a rock worth 15K aUEC, I'm mining it... but if you have to hunt for that for an hour or two, you'd be better off just strip mining and taking what you can.

It depends on the rock's stats too. Some of them have stability that is going to require 2 or 3 prospectors to mine, and one mistake can blow the rock and probably all 3 ships to smithereens.

BTW: There is a navigation problem in game now that can cause the game to QT you into a mountain or scrape the ground, where you simply blow up. Everything in your ship is lost. Fun. QT to locations more than a quarter of the way around the radius can cause it, but the risk raises to 100% at close to half way around. I found that it's better to QT to a point more in a direct line with your target.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
And depends on what you want your income to be too. I regularly settle for a load of sub par minerals, just because of time constraints. You can in some locations, fall onto a rock worth 5000 aUEC, or you can mine 2 or 3 rocks in an area worth that. You can hunt around for a rock to earn more, but if it takes more than 20 minutes, your often better off just mining what's nearby instead of hunt and peck. Now true, if I find a rock worth 15K aUEC, I'm mining it... but if you have to hunt for that for an hour or two, you'd be better off just strip mining and taking what you can.

It depends on the rock's stats too. Some of them have stability that is going to require 2 or 3 prospectors to mine, and one mistake can blow the rock and probably all 3 ships to smithereens.

BTW: There is a navigation problem in game now that can cause the game to QT you into a mountain or scrape the ground, where you simply blow up. Everything in your ship is lost. Fun. QT to locations more than a quarter of the way around the radius can cause it, but the risk raises to 100% at close to half way around. I found that it's better to QT to a point more in a direct line with your target.
If only they had long-range and more specific scanning in the game.... It would make finding those precious gems a LOT easier/faster.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
If only they had long-range and more specific scanning in the game.... It would make finding those precious gems a LOT easier/faster.
Totally agree! There are a bunch of things about mining that I find strange, and that's one of them. Another one is the rotation stability of the prospector... why in hell would someone design a ship that is totally stable in every way... except it rotates like a drill bit for no reason.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
If you could scan rocks in a different ship I'd be happy to do a bit of path-finding for you in my 350r/315p to make finding some good shizz swifter.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza

That's the thing I found I was generating about 5k aUEC every 30 mins or more in the prospector compared to 6k every 5 to 10 mins in the Hornet/MIS doing mercenary missions. True I ended up with a wanted level but so far that really hasn't been problematic. I really want mining to be profitable even if slightly less then combat missions (risk/reward) but its hard at the moment to justify given the significant difference between the two. Trading by far is still the highest money maker but one game crash can set you back days of trading. (if you disconnected/crashed near a warp point it is possible to reclaim your ship if you log back into the same server as they tend to stick around for a while.)

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
That's the thing I found I was generating about 5k aUEC every 30 mins or more in the prospector compared to 6k every 5 to 10 mins in the Hornet/MIS doing mercenary missions. True I ended up with a wanted level but so far that really hasn't been problematic. I really want mining to be profitable even if slightly less then combat missions (risk/reward) but its hard at the moment to justify given the significant difference between the two. Trading by far is still the highest money maker but one game crash can set you back days of trading. (if you disconnected/crashed near a warp point it is possible to reclaim your ship if you log back into the same server as they tend to stick around for a while.)
Well. Given that I just lost 250K out of 301K in three consecutive crashes... I'm inclined to give bounty missions a second chance.
After the crashes, I file the report, log back in and I get the option to recover, but it just re-spawns me at the nearest base. Ship needs to be reclaimed. I haven't been able to log back into my ship once. Problem is I don't remember if this was a problem in a previous build.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Well. Given that I just lost 250K out of 301K in three consecutive crashes... I'm inclined to give bounty missions a second chance.
After the crashes, I file the report, log back in and I get the option to recover, but it just re-spawns me at the nearest base. Ship needs to be reclaimed. I haven't been able to log back into my ship once. Problem is I don't remember if this was a problem in a previous build.
It always has been. The only time it sort of works logging back into your ship is if you log out on a working bed.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Up to now I have been able to do it from a crash detection, almost every time.
I heard rumors of such wonders of luck but never meet anyone who was successful. I've always just spawned back in a bed at PO or Hurston and so now just stay around grim hex cause thats were the easy mercenary missions seem to spawn in plenty (also lots of engaging pvp vs PO with griefers).

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Right now my fleet is an Avenger Titan, a Gladius, a Sentinel with a Warden BUK and a Retaliator base.
I know I want the Torp bays for the Tali as well as some modules once they become available, but short term the Tali is just hangar art.

So the plan during the sale was to upgrade to the bomber, but I was thinking it might be a good idea to go through an upgrade to a different ship, I can enjoy now, while I wait for the Tali to be more useable.

For example, get a Retaliator Base to Constellation Andromeda CCU then a Connie to Retaliator Bomber CCU, apply the first and sit on the second.

Which ships sit between the Base and the Bomber would you recommend?
I feel your pain. I really liked my Retaliator base but not so much the lack of radar display(because with no pilot weapons you want to know where the threat is). As for the question about which model I prefer? thats easy. The bomber was my favorite (loaner for the base) because it carried 6 size 9 torps and for a spell I was hunting wanted players with bounties. It can carry boxes as well as jump fast between points of interest on the search for prey! :like: No matter which direction you go I hope you have a well rewarded journey young Jedi!

Forgot your password?