Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant

Karterkor

Admiral
Aug 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Karterkor
Italy shutting down ALL schools across the country!
Yeah, I'm from Italy and we are around 200/300 new cases everyday, and from various source there is also a "selection" on who to make the test (only people showing advanced symptoms and calling the emergency number) so we don't have a real number at the moment.
It's not that great atm.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Yeah, I'm from Italy and we are around 200/300 new cases everyday, and from various source there is also a "selection" on who to make the test (only people showing advanced symptoms and calling the emergency number) so we don't have a real number at the moment.
It's not that great atm.
Thanks for the feedback, keep us informed!

Reactions: Bambooza

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
LA Times reporting:

"California reported its first death related to coronavirus on Wednesday.

Placer County Public Health officials announced that a patient who had tested positive for COVID-19 after returning from a cruise to Mexico last month died. The individual was an elderly adult with underlying health conditions and was the county’s second confirmed case of COVID-19"

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Those numbers are largely skewed towards the Chinese cases though.

The numbers outside of China are much better.
I agree that the numbers are largely skewed by a lack of hospital care as well as fear keeping people in china from seeking medical help. But by the same token, there is a threshold that the hospitals in North America and Canada can handle and once they are over max capacity we can expect to see similar CFR numbers as well as higher knock on deaths of other events due to a taxed medical system.

I am still of the opinion that most of us will get it within the next year/year and a half and the vast majority will come through it unscathed.

Reactions: Lorddarthvik

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Im not subscribing to the lab grown theories, but people love speculating!
There's been a lot of fun theories about the virus being a bioweapon (that is by far the dumbest) to bats biting a scientist at the local CDC lab that's 2 streets away from the market, where the virus supposedly originated from, to outright saying that the labs sold lab-animals in a back alley to meat vendors.
Either way, the virus is out now. It doesn't really matter.

Yesterday Hungary reported its first two cases, both are Iranian, one a med student who despite being asked to stay at home for a few weeks after coming here, went to class at the University hospital and probably infected a few dozen ppl at least. Where I'm supposed to be taking a family member next week for a procedure that can't really be postponed. Not happy, but it is what it is. I'm just hoping they won't get overwhelmed with patients by then.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Sometimes I get the feeling that N. Korea has way to much fun trolling the world.
No, N Korea is trolling S Korea.

Let me translate: "Oh, you guys got Covid-19? Thats a shame, hopefully you guys dont die, that would really suck if a lot of you died.... (giggle)"

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
No, N Korea is trolling S Korea.

Let me translate: "Oh, you guys got Covid-19? Thats a shame, hopefully you guys dont die, that would really suck if a lot of you died.... (giggle)"
Supposedly North Korea has been shooting any of their citizens even remotely suspected to have to Covid-19.

I suppose the virus will be harder to spread when the carriers are immediately executed. 🤦‍♂️

Forgot your password?